Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

Implement condensed 100 and 10,000 piece alexandrites.

So in Dynamis, you really need hundred piece currencies -- 100 Byne Bills, Montiont Silverpieces, and Lungo-Nungo Jadeshells, then a single 10,000 Piece currency for the final stage.

You can farm the hundred pieces directly, though it's pretty rare. And of course there is nothing that drops the 10,000 piece. Instead, people mostly farm and buy the single piece currencies, then trade those 100 at a time to one of the three goblin NPCs to turn into a 100 piece currency. Eventually you trade 100 of the hundred piece currencies in to get the 10,000 piece. In the end, you have something like 170 stacks of single piece currency compressed into 4 item slots. You could gather all your currency before even starting on a relic, and it would only take up 3-4 inventory slots, which is hardly a strain at all (this is in fact what I did when I built my Spharai).

Mythic builders don't seem to have that option. Now I could be wrong, but it's my understanding that you have to gather the Alexandrite for a mythic and store it with Paparoon until you get 30,000. It's impossible to get any of this back to resell (in case you eventually change your mind), and because 30,000 alexandrite would take up 304 inventory slots, you pretty much have to store it. No tap backs. No cold feet. When you're in, you're in.

So how about giving the option to hang on to the alexandrite until you're ready to commit? Add 2 items: something like "green alexandrite" which is worth 100 alexandrite and "red alexandrite" which is worth 10,000 alexandrite. Players could trade up just like they do with Dynamis currency. Or you could even let these things drop (uncommonly) from certain things.
    (17)

There's no reason why this shouldn't be in the game.
    (8)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    But then how will they collect that extra dollar a month from all the mules we have to make to hold onto the alex?
    (2)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I've never had any quantity of alexandrite. Is it at least mailable?
    (0)

Character
    Martel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Nope. Like most bazaar sold items, it's not sendable. It'll require the cooperation of another character to even get them on a mule.

But anyway, didn't SE already say they wouldn't make alex 100 pieces? I seem to vaguely recall it.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Martel View Post
    Nope. Like most bazaar sold items, it's not sendable. It'll require the cooperation of another character to even get them on a mule.

But anyway, didn't SE already say they wouldn't make alex 100 pieces? I seem to vaguely recall it.
    I thankfully have my GF hold the Alex we farm up and buy up so she can hand it to my mule(Alexandriteman, who's purpose is literally to hold Alexandrite, nothing more, ever) but for most people I can see why this is such a complete pain. Whether they said it before or not, I hope that they change this stupid system with Alexandrite...
    (0)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    I thankfully have my GF hold the Alex we farm up and buy up so she can hand it to my mule(Alexandriteman, who's purpose is literally to hold Alexandrite, nothing more, ever) but for most people I can see why this is such a complete pain. Whether they said it before or not, I hope that they change this stupid system with Alexandrite...
    Faith in humanity restored.

Thinking of other people is.... nigh nonexistent...
    Hence my "humans are pigs in clothing" current mentality... (and yes. That IS a Satsuki Kiryuin reference.)

But for the topic at hand:
    Actually.... there IS an item already in the game.
    Sorta.
    It's a Catseye Alexandrite... it's the equivalent of.... 30k Alexandrite...
    >:[
    So... there's already the precedence for the simplification.... but... I don't think it's gonna happen.... at least not for FOREVER...
    But it's something that really SHOULD be implemented. (either that or let Alexandrite stack to 1k... lol *mindblown*)
    (0)