Thread: Gardening!

Gardening!

Hello! Please forgive me if this question has been asked/answered. I pop onto the forums, but I do not remember seeing it.

Are there any plans, visions, or teeny tiny saplings of an idea to upgrade/expand gardening in ffxi? Any new seeds/recipes coming up?

I know that most heated discussions nowadays take place around the ever-important voidwatch and whatnot, but as one of the dreaded casuals, gardening has been something that has brought me joy in XI. I like it very much. I never funded a relic via an army of gardening mules, but I enjoyed collecting different pots and growing different seeds. I also grew cooking ingredients, and once upon a time, fire crystals.

Perhaps, one day, I can cultivate my very own veggie patch outside my mog house door, in an effort to make Bastok more green... the town could use a bit of player-made sprucing up! Perhaps I could simply hang a decorative flower box on my window.. probably not, but a cat can dream.
    (0)
    "I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think that I have ended up where I intended to be." -- Douglas Adams

~ Balkanska mafia ~

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    You'd have to offer up examples of stuff to grow.
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 66

Hmmm.

One thing they could do, is reduce the amount it takes to grow some things that are basically not valuable in the means of Gil any longer, but still useful for certain things.
    Growing stuff for weeks (earth-time) is far from practical or fun.

Realistic?
    Purrrhaps, but the only reason people ever did those was because they were profitable.
    Now there may still be a need for the few crafters for examples, but basically no one simply makes these, and doing it alone will take quite some time unless one happens to have an account or few full of "M.U.L.E.S.", which is in my opinion more broken game-play than anything else.

That said, improvements would be welcome, whatever they be!

Meh, just some thoughts~
    (1)
    Kind Regards,
    ~ The Noob Unlimited ~

Sore wa sore, kore wa kore.

I like the idea of reducing the grow time! Especially for month-long plants, but..

I wasn't really asking for more stuff to grow. Well, let me rephrase that. More stuff to grow would be nice, but I don't have anything specific in mind. Clearly, most cooking ingredients are grow-able, and such.

I'm more asking if there are any plans to improve gardening as an aspect of gameplay. I think that it is an unique aspect of MMO gameplay that hasn't gotten much love, potentially because there was abuse of the game.

I'm talking about stuff like -- flowerpots of a different sort. Questable flowerpots? Questable gardening-enhancement stuff? Can I grow flowers that look like flowers once they're done growing -- can I give them to people? Can they be like the festive fan firework, where the person holds them and you can see they are holding them? Can I have a little veggie patch, or upside-down tomato plants.. stuff like that. Clearly, some of this is purely dreaming.

A gardening club, perhaps? Something that makes you a better gardener as you work at it? Trophies? A ffxi-giant pumpkin growing contest? I don't know. The super secret Flowerpot of Shu Lang, lesser known cousin of Lu Shang, obtainable only after you grow 10k wild onions?

Just picture a taru, straw hat and all, walking among rows of millioncorn.

Ok, you wouldn't be able to see much of the taru. So maybe, walking among rows of frost turnips instead. >.>;
    (0)
    "I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think that I have ended up where I intended to be." -- Douglas Adams

~ Balkanska mafia ~

Character
    Achira
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    http://www.ffxiah.com/item/27734/straw-hat

It looks like someone was reading!
    (0)