Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I just hope, that seeing as how Lilisette is a planned Trust NPC...
    HOPEFULLY that means that the fix for letting... pretty much everything that isn't directly targeted to the Trust NPCs... BPs... Sambas... Wyverns... etc... will also finally be able to affect Fellows too.
    Cause seeing as how Lilisette is a DNC... it'll be pretty gimp to have her summon have self-sambas only...

(also: 2hrs? Can that be a thing? Fellows get a "2hr" after doing Blessed Radiance... and many/most higher-than-60 mobs have access to their jobs' 2hrs... so... why not Trust NPCs? If Fellows can go iLvs... which would imply that we could take them to Adoulin... because... why bother with 119 Fellows in the mainland? I don't think it'd be too crazy if Trust NPCs had access to their appropriate 2hrs after say... lv60? That seems to be the level mobs "gain" their 2hr access... so why not Trust NPCs too.)
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by FaeQueenCory View Post
    HOPEFULLY that means that the fix for letting... pretty much everything that isn't directly targeted to the Trust NPCs... BPs... Sambas... Wyverns... etc... will also finally be able to affect Fellows too.
    That is a bug they have already said they plan to address in the future.
    (1)

Character
    Tamarsamar
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    A few notes:

While this post implies that Excenmille and Curilla do battle differently, I am quite frankly disappointed at how redundant their AIs are. In my first experience using them in a Trust Party together, it was a repeated occurrence that, after I engaged the monster, they would both use Sentinel, and subsequently cast Flash, simultaneously. Even when Sentinel was down, they would still often cast Flash at the same time, effectively wasting the MP of one of them. This is particularly disappointing, since if their tactics truly are one and the same, then Excenmille is almost always preferable over Curilla for his superior damage output. But, I like Curilla as a character more . . .

Also, there are myriad suggestions for Kupipi and, for the most part, I agree with them all, but in particular what I want to point out is the distinct lack of Haste. Keeping a whole 5-person band (myself, my Fellow, and three alter egos) Hasted by my lonesome is a particularly tricky and unfun task (particularly when I'm keeping most members Refreshed as well). Seeing as I didn't sign up for a return to the ToAU days when Red Mages were basically expected to do that, giving us more NPCs to cast Haste and ease that burden would be greatly appreciated.

In fact, you know what would be awesome? Having a Summoner NPC with enough innate skill for a activating a maximum-duration Hastega. I would use such an NPC pretty much forever.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    I love back in 2006 when they said Mythics would be the casual-player's alternative to Relic weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armando
    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
    FFXI Official Forums in a nutshell:

Quote Originally Posted by saevel
    The stupid is strong here.

Player
    Then you are getting into very... difficult, allies I think. Your talking about us summoning a partner to summon an avatar. I think that may be goin a bit far, I would like to see it, but I think its going a bit far.
    (0)

Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    When you add Aphmau/Nashmeira, PLEASE add Mnejing and Ovjang as Trust NPCs too! That way, we can call all three of them at once in case we don't want to call a version of Aphmau who has had her soul ripped from her chest.

And when Prishe is added, please make her function as both a full-fledged WHM and MNK.
    (2)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Regarding Lilisette, Seeing as Zeid is already showing that NPCs are getting unique abilities. Lilisette will probably get some of her special attacks from the fight with Cait Sith Ceithir mixed in with Dagger WS. Which I'd be completely fine with, she has a nice arsenal.

Whirling Edge: Single-target damage.
    Sensual Dance: Grants Attack Bonus to all party members in range and afflicts Attack Down and Magic Attack Down to Cait Sith Ceithir.
    Thorned Stance: Grants Lilisette a Defense Bonus.
    Vivifying Waltz: Heals herself and party members within range. Used less frequently than her other abilities.
    Rousing Samba: Greatly increases Lilisette's Critical Hit Rate, possibly to 100%. Effect is granted to party members engaged with Cait Sith Ceithir. Possibly other unconfirmed effects. Used when Lilisette says: "Olé! Go and wreak havoc, people! Troupe Mayakov style!" Used less frequently than her other abilities.
    Regarding Curilla, I always thought she was a Red Mage all this time. All of the Red Mage artifact armor quests defer to her and her father's ghost is the Red Mage you're getting your gear from. She could be different by letting her use Tier 2 Debuffs/Enspells/Haste/Refresh instead of being another PLD. We are about to get Trion this week. We got enough PLD-type.

Regarding pet classes, I don't think it should be that difficult to add pet classes. They are simply an NPC you have absolutely no control over except engage/disengage/dismiss. Some ideas to make it work could be:
    • Summoner NPC operates similar to Summoner monsters during Astral Flow. Summon Avatar. Avatar uses effect on target. Avatar disappears.
    • Pet classes being a different group of Trust. Allowing you only to summon that Trust NPC. Example: Summon Nashmeira. She summons Mnejing and Ovjang. Both puppets are counted as Trust NPC party members. They all work together and you can heal/buff them like party members. You can only Dismiss Aphmau which dismisses the other two. If she dies, they dismiss.
    Throwing ideas out there.
    (2)

Character
    Alexsandre
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Get rid of it.
    (3)

Character
    Alexsandre
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Game wasn't easy enough Twille?
    (1)

Character
    Darkcloudx
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Not sure if it has been said yet but geomancer auras don't seem to work on trust npcs
    (0)

Character
    Mrguido
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99

This helps a lot!

I'm not in a linkshell, so this new system helps so much! I hope in the future I can take the trust npc's with me to do bcnm's.

Also, can you make it possible to make them attack when I'm attacked by mobs without engaging?
    (1)
    Ain't yo mama pretty!

Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast