Bastok, ARIZONA, Cloud 9, Imagination Land
    Character
    Phioness
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Problems with Ulmia and Joachim Song Duration and Song Casting Time

I have noticed a problem with Ulmia and Joachim keeping their songs up while killing mobs for for capacity points or other content. Here are the two problems:

Il (Problem) Often the bards are in the middle of singing a song when i kill the mob and move onto the next one, therefore the song does not get put up.
    I. (Fix) Give them increased fast cast/song spellcasting time
    I. (Reasoning) We did a quest to upgrade them, they are i119 Su3/Su5 tier Trusts and if they level up with our gear and we carry top tier gear Trust should be equivalent to the progress we have made within the game.

II. (Problem/Fix) Utilizing the <I. (Reasoning)> Justification, the Bards songs should last upwards of 4+Minutes. An Adventurer bard with decent gear has songs last a minimum of 4 minutes, and my current Mythic Bard puts up 12 min songs. 2 Minutes is ridiculous and seems to be a time relevant to the 75 era and we are in the i119 Su5 era.

Please take these justifications into consideration and make adjustments to make these Trusts more reliable fulfilling their roles as bard.

Thank you for you time, Phioness of Shiva (Relic/Empyrean/Mythic and hopefully Aeonic sometime soon Bard)
    (1)

Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Maybe at the minimum for level 99 and beyond Item level is to give Joachim and Ulmia innate "All songs" effects +1-2 plus Song effect Duration bonuses and give Qultada innate Phantom Roll effect +3 (the same effects from both the Eminent Flute and Merirosvo Ring since they are technically item level 117 sparks items)
    (0)

Character
    Schmutz
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    As a returning player, I found the entire Trust concept neat and was excited to play with them. However, that excitement quickly turned into disappointment for 3 simple reasons that I would consider just plain "broken" mechanics:

1. Charm

Let's face it. Trusts are rather underwhelming and nowhere near as effective or powerful as normal players. Trust "tanks" don't stand a chance at keeping enmity over even a fairly average equipped player. So, when that player pulls hate with a weapon skill or some other large volatile enmity gain, if that player becomes charmed, the result is the immediate loss of all Trusts and most likely whatever battle you're fighting that required the trusts to begin with. In a normal party, the party doesn't disappear just because one member gets charmed. They deal with the charmed player and carry on the battle. If I had 1 gil for every time I got charmed and died to something I was otherwise utterly destroying before getting charmed, I could buy out the entire Auction House. More specifically, there is absolutely no circumstance a battle is "Very Easy" or "Easy" if the player can be charmed and instantly lose because he loses his entire party. For example, Shikaree X in Head Wind or Ark Angel MR can charm the player, often resulting in an instant loss of the battlefield, even in "Very Easy" mode if it happens early enough. It's a real problem. This can either be solved by giving players a "window" of zero enmity after becoming uncharmed to recall Trusts or to not have them disappear in the first place (the way it should be). Please fix it.

2. Distance/Pathing

Calling trusts "in order" to force certain trusts to be as far away from the enemy is a mechanic I can deal with...when it works. However, sometimes, trusts just inexplicably like to bunch up on top of the player. This tends to happen in "tighter" battlefields, if there are obstacles nearby they have to path around (probably 90% of Vanadiel) or at ??? NM spawn points. For example, at Morta's spawn point in Aydeewa Subterrane. The pillars force the NPCs to path around them and bunch up inside the circle instead of keeping a safe distance from AOE. Casters, in particular, REALLY need to be mindful of their distance to the monster to so they don't end up repeatedly taking AOE damage to the face. Shantotto II, for example, has absolutely zero regard for her own safety and will stay planted in the same spot indefinitely regardless of how many times she gets hit repeatedly over and over by AOE. Also, Apururu LOVES to get Silenced because she's within range of AOE Silence. This shouldn't happen. Speaking of Silence...

3. Silence

This one really bugs me. Currently, the only healer Trust in the game that has any notable form of Silence resistance is Yoran-Oran, making her an obvious choice for soloing anything with Silence. However, she has no form of AOE healing, making her a terrible choice for monsters with consistent AOE damage. Her Unity Concord counterpart, Apururu, is great for those situations. However, Apururu LOVES to cast Curaga VI any time a player is yellow and the other party members are even slightly damaged, blowing her her MP with reckless abandon, but that's another issue entirely. Since Apururu regularly loves to stand within range of AOE, she gets silenced constantly, then stands there completely useless as the party dies from lack of healing. The "solution" to this is to sub WHM for Silena, severely crippling any DD class's damage potential. Either level the playing field and give BOTH Unity Concord healer trusts (which both have their situational purposes) Silence resistance, or allow us to use Echo Drops on our Trusts.
    (5)

Character
    Rampage
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Make Lady Lilith a Trust! Such a cool npc to adventure with.
    (1)

Character
    Yuchemey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I'd Love to be able to Summon Other people from the past. Like Friends. Example. i used to play with Friends. Would it be possible to summon Player as Trust?

Also without debate. Atoli, Raubahn, Erlene (Light art REGEN V) would be a great Trust to have.
    (2)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I believe it's time to make every Unity Concord leader into a ver II Cipher to allow the choice to use various Unity leaders as trusts without needing to change Unity Concord membership.
    (3)

Character
    Monsutaman
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 75
    Byakko

Add him to the talking tiger duo with the other SoA cat.
    (2)

Player
    Can we talk about trust bards. Sing faster and song duration. Not drastic improvements so as to rival players, but better than bare minimums. No matter how many trust level increases you add, nothing improves for Joachim and Ulmia buffing. It's just an HP boost and some Meva. No, mog garden fast cast is not a good answer.

And I'd really like to see the "instantly stop casting when the enemy dies" removed too. If that's "impossible" you can give the bards instant cast to compensate. It's not great for any casters to stop mid spell and be locked out, but it's too extreme for the bards.

Quote Originally Posted by Phioness View Post
    I have noticed a problem with Ulmia and Joachim keeping their songs up while killing mobs for for capacity points or other content. Here are the two problems:

Il (Problem) Often the bards are in the middle of singing a song when i kill the mob and move onto the next one, therefore the song does not get put up.
    I. (Fix) Give them increased fast cast/song spellcasting time
    I. (Reasoning) We did a quest to upgrade them, they are i119 Su3/Su5 tier Trusts and if they level up with our gear and we carry top tier gear Trust should be equivalent to the progress we have made within the game.

II. (Problem/Fix) Utilizing the <I. (Reasoning)> Justification, the Bards songs should last upwards of 4+Minutes. An Adventurer bard with decent gear has songs last a minimum of 4 minutes, and my current Mythic Bard puts up 12 min songs. 2 Minutes is ridiculous and seems to be a time relevant to the 75 era and we are in the i119 Su5 era.

Please take these justifications into consideration and make adjustments to make these Trusts more reliable fulfilling their roles as bard.

Thank you for you time, Phioness of Shiva (Relic/Empyrean/Mythic and hopefully Aeonic sometime soon Bard)
    (0)
    Last edited by Isola; 02-05-2020 at 08:33 AM.

Character
    Monsutaman
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 75
    We got Abenzio, Babban Mheillea, Noillurie....So how about the Auroral Alicorn as a trust and mount since there are "No plans" to add him as a summon. Also Achtelle. I like Achtelle because she low-key bashes player Dragoons by saying "Come now, Bravo! It's high time we these beasts what a wyvern is truly capable of!"

The size of her Wyvern compared to the players makes it seem like a low-blow lol. Allow her to summon Bravo too....
    (0)

Character
    Ilisidi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I would like to be able to summon my beloved Adventuring Fellow as a Trust.
    (1)

Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast