Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Blue Mage stuff
    That's a pretty weak lore excuse. Like others said, we've formed bonds with demons, and beings that don't speak any language we understand. We've formed bonds with time-and-space trancending NPCs, we've done a lot of crazier things than bond with "empty vessels." And if they're so empty, how can they talk to us and interact with us like ordinary children of Vana'diel?

Also in the blue mage quests, it is said that you are *like* an empty vessel (waiting to be filled with blue magic) when you become a blue mage at the beginning. Not that you *are* an empty vessel and will be for all time.
    (3)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 12-22-2015 at 12:12 PM.

Character
    Dieth
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Speaking specifically to the part of your question about blue mage, this is actually largely tied to the lore of FFXI. In order to summon alter egos through the use of Trust magic, you need to draw upon the powers of friendship and camaraderie, as well as have a special bond with these adventurers. Blue mages are essentially empty vessels that are living weapons and lack the aforementioned traits, so it’s not possible to form bonds with them in this way.

Furthermore, most of the NPCs that are blue mages only stay around Aht Urhgan and do not travel abroad.

Lore aside, there are also various hurdles that need to be overcome in order to add a blue mage alter ego, such as whether they learn spells, what spells they are able to use, and how to setup flags and manage these aspects.

Due to these reasons we do not have any plans to introduce a blue mage alter ego.
    How about a Soulflayer trust then?
    (2)
    ~ si deus nobiscum quis contra nos ~
    I am a Lazy French Shower

Character
    Saruhiko
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I'd really really love to see Bravo added in the list of Trusts. My dragoon yearns for a wyvern upgrade!
    (0)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    San d'Oria, Windurst, Bastok: Rank 10
    ZM:O CoP:O AU:O ACP:O
    Italian Dragoon FTW! <3 Azure 4Ever. (Roleplayer)

* A "sort" option by Job, alphabetical order.

* Also, a tonberry trust. maybe "Chef Nonberry" from Temple of Uggalepih.
    and maybe Ethniu (fomor blm)

* Option to summon trust companions in: Limbus / Temenos / Apollyon / ENM / BCNM Fights.
    (4)
    Last edited by Laughlyn; 01-06-2016 at 05:48 PM.

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Bit concerned about how the devs once said the limit for Trusts is approaching them, but we still don't have major characters like Louverance and Jabbos. Kinda silly if they ended up running out of space because they were too busy adding tertiary characters like Uka Totlihn and Sakura.
    (0)

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    Bit concerned about how the devs once said the limit for Trusts is approaching them, but we still don't have major characters like Louverance and Jabbos. Kinda silly if they ended up running out of space because they were too busy adding tertiary characters like Uka Totlihn and Sakura.
    Don't really care who we get trusts of, I'd rather the ones we do have had some function. of the 100(?) we have, maybe 15 are usable at all. Really don't need 70 "dd" trusts that are all fail... It's embarrassing to the character. How disappointed were you to find out the special trust you were waiting for, ended up to be terrible? I know I'm a little unhappy that Gilgamesh is junk. Luzaf is junk. etc.

I really want a Cornelia Trust, being the first npc you ever see when you start as a Bastokian, but not if she's just another generic terrible dd, I have enough of those.
    (0)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Oh, I'm definitely supportive of them making Trusts useful, but I personally think that's a separate issue from character choice. Just kinda bothersome to me that apparently they think our character is better friends with Crystal War generals or a chocobo chick someone could play for hundreds of hours and not know the existence of over 2 major characters from what's probably the most popular expansion story.

Really, I wish they would've taken their time with implementing them along with quests and the like from the outset instead of plopping them onto the players via login campaigns (which just makes it annoying to get a lot of the good ones anyway). I'm pretty sure Lehko Habhoka deserves a little cutscene just as much as Gessho, etc.

As far as making them useful goes, they've somewhat talked about this before- they want Trusts to be less useful at high levels but because of how the game is structured, backline jobs are just naturally more useful even if they're massively underleveled. If you've ever used, say, Semih Lafihna or Iroha at low levels you'll realize that they're ridiculously overpowered then, they just don't scale up well. Just about the only DD Trust that scales decently is Shantotto II- they should really use her as an example of how to adjust the rest of the DD trusts.

At least a couple of them have niche uses. Naji, Volker, Luzaf and the Dancers are useful for Dynamis, for example.
    (1)

Character
    Psion
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    suggestion: Boost up Morimar and Darrcuiln's weaponskills. by like.... 1000% or something.

To give an idea of just how bad it is, morimar's best weaponskill at i119 on Lentic Toads in Reisenjima is Into the Light... for 500 damage. All the rest of his hit for... 100-180 damage. his normal MELEE attacks hit for harder than that. he's literally better off not weaponskilling at all, because the delay from doing so isn't made up by its utterly trash damage.

Darrcuiln isn't any better, with his ws hitting in the 200 damage range. Then there's the issue with his magic "yowl" attacks. while this is great in theory, the problem is... it usually does 0 damage. at best, it occasionally does around 15 damage. This isn't because of the level of the monsters he's up against either. i tried using him at various times while leveling up and even on easy prey mobs he couldn't break 0 damage the vast majority of the time. he appears to have the magic accuracy of a level 1 warrior, making this occasional magical damage attack worse than useless.

Considering how beloved and important these characters are to the seekers of adoulin storyline, it makes no sense for them to be weaker than, for instance, qultada. who can at least do savage blade for 1177 damage on the same frogs... Morimar is an utter giant of a man with rippling muscles, and darrcuiln the tiger equivilant. when a blue mage can do more damage with Knights of Rotund from a level 1 joke weapon, there's a major issue with the trust.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Psion View Post
    suggestion: Boost up Morimar and Darrcuiln's weaponskills. by like.... 1000% or something.
    Yeah, there are quite a few Trust that need some revisions to their WS and abilities. But at the very least we need more Trust that can open skillchains like Ayame does so even if their damage is bad at least they can open SC so we can do more dmg instead.
    (0)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Raydeus View Post
    Yeah, there are quite a few Trust that need some revisions to their WS and abilities. But at the very least we need more Trust that can open skillchains like Ayame does so even if their damage is bad at least they can open SC so we can do more dmg instead.
    ~Or at least close more sc's for Some weaponskill unlocks require breaking a weapons boost stats and this would also be of great help in some ways to that completion as well.
    (0)
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast