Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
    Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Making the DD trust 10x better wont change anything. It'll just make a couple things slightly less irritating.

It's the support tank and healer trusts that people use for content (because the DD are shit).
    (1)

Character
    Loona
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    It's pretty intriguing that the Japanese version of FF Brave Exvius has Bastok's Werei as one of its XI reps - yet the character isn't even a Trust alter ego in FFXI.
    Perhaps that could be corrected by introducing him? He could even have special dialog with Iron Eater and Zeid.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Trusts are not intended to be reliable in higher clvl content. We are not supposed to be soloing 135 NMs w/ Trusts, we are supposed to be doing those fights with groups of real players. By design. :x
    Making DD trusts suck slightly less wouldn't change anything about what can be soloed with trusts. No one is generally bringing any DD trusts to solo content now. The only time I ever brought DD trusts to solo was that bird ambuscade because I needed more piercing. That's it.

Boosting DD trusts might (might, but probably not) allow a player who has only support jobs leveled to solo some of the same thing players with jobs like BLU and BST and DNC can solo, but probably not. It would just be nice for stuff like soloing capacity points, not for real content where DD trusts are usually completely pointless anyway. I can't see that changing.

If I find dropping a healer or buffer trust for a real player with capped haste, proper acc and a PDT set makes fights harder - I can't see a DD trust, even with realistic static gear stats, making any solo fights easier.
    (0)
    Last edited by Olor; 11-26-2016 at 02:04 AM.
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    Making DD trusts suck slightly less wouldn't change anything about what can be soloed with trusts. No one is generally bringing any DD trusts to solo content now. The only time I ever brought DD trusts to solo was that bird ambuscade because I needed more piercing. That's it.

Boosting DD trusts might (might, but probably not) allow a player who has only support jobs leveled to solo some of the same thing players with jobs like BLU and BST and DNC can solo, but probably not. It would just be nice for stuff like soloing capacity points, not for real content where DD trusts are usually completely pointless anyway. I can't see that changing.

If I find dropping a healer or buffer trust for a real player with capped haste, proper acc and a PDT set makes fights harder - I can't see a DD trust, even with realistic static gear stats, making any solo fights easier.

Odds are pretty good that most fights that you are using trusts for to begin with would already be soloable by that player with capped haste, proper acc and a DT set. XD
    (Assuming that meleeing at all is a viable option for the fight.. Spikes can kill.)

If you are already soloing successfully yourself, then buffing trust damage would result in you soloing higher clvl fights. It's already very much possible to solo 125 clvl (with trusts) for many jobs and/or players, so I don't really see the devs giving us the ability to solo even more stuff more easily. For the record, I'm not actually against buffing the phys dmg trusts. As long as it's kept within a reasonable level (less than a real player) then it would be nice to see my 2h trusts do at least as much as my own THF per swing. It would also be nice if all their ws did more dmg than a DA proc. ^^;; (AAGK I'm looking at you for this one >_> I've seen your ws hit for less than single melee swings, you slacker.)

For myself, I normally avoid using any trust that has SC properties at all, whenever possible, to prevent them from feeding TP to the NMs, and breaking my solo skillchains and MB windows while soloing. It would honestly take quite a hefty buff to them to get me to change my habits at this point, but I admittedly also have shareable gearsets that puts all the jobs I play at ~1100-1150acc already and can self-sc reliably with proper support trust backup for more damage than including melee trusts in the mix would allow for. That's just the way my playstyle has evolved though and don't expect everyone to feel the same way.

My point above was that the devs have gone on record many times that they have no intention of bringing trust damage output (or intelligence <,<) closer to what a real player can provide.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 11-26-2016 at 09:43 AM.

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    All they need is haste.

The damage is semi forgivable. The time it takes to get tp is ABSOLUTELY not.

Again mentioning Zeid II. He's the "best" DD. BECAUSE and a HUGE because, last resort does wonders for his attack speed.
    (0)

Character
    Psxpert
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Hmmm, i want fo summon my chocobo. (Forgive me if someonr already suggesting it, i'll just be backing up that suggestion then)
    ===========
    In addition to summon chocobo, why have I bot seen it as my first trust yet!??
    Comeon SE, "get good" will ya,lol!
    FF14 has it and ya still hasn't (sigh) really??
    ==========
    Armored, normal and/or colored chocobos... not just good for racing
    ( cuz who has time for that!?)
    ==========
    This suggestion may not be needing but why, really... (I hate forms/registration) i want the chocobo whistle to call my chocobo into combat, not just for transportation(cuz they slow anyway), so i should get the command to sorte my chocobo.

•••●●●•••☆☆☆•••●●●•••☆☆☆●●●•••
    Lets go Chocobo Knights!!
    ☆☆☆•••●●●•••☆☆☆•••●●●•••☆☆☆
    (1)

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Is there any news we will obtain a new type of trust in the near future? Maybe, hopefully Blue Mage?
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennotsukai View Post
    Is there any news we will obtain a new type of trust in the near future? Maybe, hopefully Blue Mage?
    The news is that there is no more room for any more permanent trusts. Once Cornelia goes poof in May, they seem to have plans to use the spell id slot again later, possibly rotating thru time-limited Trusts.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Arrophyn
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 62

What about NMS?

I don't know if any actual devs will see this or if this has maybe been suggested already, but I think it would be really cool if certain NMs dropped trust ciphers. I would love to get various enemy types as pals, especially beasts. It would all use existing assets, of course. I don't think it would be difficult to implement, mechanically.
    (1)

Character
    Lordzphyr
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Could there be temporary trust spells based off the villains and heroes in the ff series?
    (0)

Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast