(2)

Character
    Anjou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin
    Firstly, I think the NPCs should be better at higher levels. At lower levels they are really powerful, able to keep up with us on DMG and provide a big help, but at later levels they seem too weak, providing little damage, it really feels like the ilevel scale is off, or working wrong. On top of this, we need some changes to the NPCs, there should be favoritism toward certain WSs/Spells. It feels like a lot of times they use very stupid WSs. Sometimes my NPC will use a powerful Physical WS like Swift Blade or Savage Blade, other times, they will use Red Lotus Blade or Fast Blade, if they weren't already weak, this would surely take its toll on their damage. They also cast cast weird things that aren't even helpful to us, Zeid casts elemental nukes for instance, which is not helpful, and even lowers his overall damage, he should only use them on monsters like Slimes where it increases his overall damage, otherwise their spells become more detrimental than beneficial. Lastly, if they are going to cast magic or use WSs, please let them use ones that are better for the current target. For instance they should focus on Fire Magic against something weak to Fire, not use Water on it, or spells at random, somewhat like I believe Automatons do, this ties into the idea of not casting on monsters not weak to it, they should be able to tell a monster will take more damage from simply attacking than casting, and avoid casting damage spells.

Continuing with magic, for the future of casting we need to have a certain level of preference as well, for instance, future BRDs will be worthless to us unless they use proper songs. What I mean is, if we get a BRD, say, Ulmia, we can not have her casting things like Elemental Resistance songs for an element the monster doesn't even use, or accuracy songs on monsters we already cap Accuracy on, otherwise she is worthless to us in those battles. Marches are the most heavily requested song, next are Minuets, I ask that these be able to be favored. Lastly, if there was some way to influence them on what they cast, that would be fantastic. For now, this feature is solo only, it would be awesome if in party I could say something along the lines of 'Ulmia March {(Song)} {Please}' in the chatlog and the Ulmia NPC could understand it to the point of actually casting it for me. If this type of functionality was included, it would make mage partners insanely more helpful.

Another great thing would be to be able to party up with a full party. It may sound a bit greedy, and it can be limited to some areas, such as leveling in Qufim would be up to 5 NPCs, doing Reives is up to 3, and so on, but this way we could have a full party. Right now, its solo only, no parties with other players and NPCs at the same time, so I think its fair to ask for a full party function to allow us more NPCs, but I understand if it would be to strenuous on the system or some such, 3 is enough, but, stretching to 5 would be awesome.

The last thing I want is for them to talk in party chat. Our Adventuring Fellows talk in tells, but they are not in our party, they are outside of it in a pet like manor, which is fine, but, you have made a lot of advancement it seems in this type of system, now NPCs are able to be fully integrated party members, as such, I think they should speak. Now, when I ask for them to talk I do not mean I should carry on conversation with them or something like that, but I mean they should do as they do in the story missions, or as Adventuring Fellows do. Also, the NPCs have their own personalities, more varied than our Adventuring Fellows, where we set a personality which was the exact same as the personality of many other Fellows of other players, the NPCs for Trust are special in the fact they are from the story, they have unique personalities each to their own, allowing them to say things in party while running around or during battle with their own special attitudes and twists on it would be awesome! I can imagine Kupipi saying something like 'My MP is running outtaru!' or something along those lines, which fits with her, or while we are resting her saying something like 'I could really go for some fresh Rolanberries right about now...', lastly, lore wise its possible, from the CSs we get in Trust, we already see they can talk, so why not let them do it while we are in a party together, make them more expressed and fun, so it feels like we really are playing with the NPC themselves, with their quirky personalities and funny ways, and enhance the experience for us even further?!
    Posted this for him.
    (2)

Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
    Trust is about the worst thing ever added next to monstrosity. The NPCs are about worthless if you're fighting anything stronger than gustaberg bees.
    I was about to post a rude reply, but I noticed your level.

You can summon up to 3 at once.

Today, I got a chain #110 against level 99-103 monsters in Kuftal Tunnel with Zeid, Kupipi, and Ayame summoned, along with my Adventuring Fellow. They are very useful, but I think you should summon multiples at once. And you have to be a job that melees.

My suggestions:

AoE items need to affect trust NPCs.

And there needs to be a way besides personally, physically meleeing the enemy to deploy the NPCs. This puts mage jobs in a bad position when soloing reives, for example. Reive monsters would tear us apart, so trust NPCs are not an option for us.
    (4)
    Last edited by Edyth; 12-15-2013 at 12:09 PM.

Character
    Archedian
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I think that with the new Trust system, this allows for Square Enix a great opportunity to implement characters from older Final Fantasy games into FF11 and allow players to interact with them and fight along side them. Just to name a few:

1) Squall
    2) Cloud
    3) Lightning
    4) Tidus
    5) Terra
    6) Zidane
    7) Vaan

I think it's everyone's dream to fight along side all of the main characters, and we'd get to see SE's take on the characters magic, fighting styles, and graphic design in this day and age. Even besides these, I would love to fight with all the other characters like Yuna, Rikke, Rinoa, Tifa... The options are endless honestly. If you agree with the idea, please like it so we can get the Dev Team to send in the request. It's not an impossible one, especially with the new addition of Colloberation events with Final Fantasy XI, Dragon Quest X Online, and Final Fantasy 14 online.
    (10)

I'd like to see Karaha-Baruha as a trust spell, since those npc say you can find scrolls for people you haven't even met. It'd be a good explanation as to why you were cautious to open the door to the House of the Hero. (it says something like "you feel a mysterious magic and you probably shouldn't open it")

Also I'd like to see some of the Campaign Generals like Noillurie and that Red Mage one I can't remember his name.
    (1)
    Last edited by radicaldreamer; 12-16-2013 at 10:27 AM.
    It's important to hold onto your dreams.. Even if it means staying half-asleep.
    -rd

Character
    Anjou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 60
    Please no Lightning, she's been rammed down our throat far too many times...Literally I will take anyone, WAKKA! Just please no more Lightning. I quit XIV and playing all recent FF's because of her......
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    We understand how you feel about this, but there is a reason why we've made them this way. In order to ensure that they game does not become too stressed when players summon multiple NPCs at the same time, we chose not to implement these animations for Trust NPCs.
    While they don't have any animations to prevent the game getting laggy, would you consider them having dialog (that can be toggled on/off) via party chat when certain things happen?

For example, when one of them is summoned, they can have a line of dialog they say, which changes based on whom else you have summoned already, as well as dialog from the ones already summoned replying to this. When you level or get a merit point they can congratulate you. If they die, they can have a dying line, and the other party members can reply in dismay. This could add a lot of flavor to individual NPCs.

If you really want to go one step forward (this next suggestion would be significantly more difficult in comparison), you can have NPCs take simple orders via party chat as well, probably using the auto-translate system to come up with very simple orders, such as setting up a skillchain, or casting certain elemental attacks or defenses, and if you want to go really complicated, attacking and ceasing to attack, or holding magic or physical damage.
    (5)

Player
    Speaking of the game getting laggy... It would be great if there was a way to filter other players npc's so they dont show up on my screen, 8-12 FPS, in wildskeeper reives especially, really sucks >.< (was 30-40 FPS before Trust in wildskeeper reives)
    (0)

Greetings, everyone!

Below are some comments from Matsui Akihiko in regards to various feedback on Trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui View Post
    Curilla can’t hold hate very well and Ayame’s damage is not very good.
    We’ll be making adjustments to tank NPCs to improve their behavior and increase their damage output so that they can gain more enmity and thus better hold the target's attention. We’ll also be increasing the damage output of damage dealing NPCs.

There is also a bug with Curilla and Excenmille where they cure themselves too frequently trying to gain enmity, and we’ll be fixing their AI as well as making other NPC AI improvements in the next version update.

If an NPC is in the midst of casting a healing spell and the battle ends, their casting is interrupted. Can you please fix this?
    In the future we will be making it so even when you are not in battle the NPCs will use enhancing magic and healing magic.

Even though I have item level 117-119 weapons equipped, why are the NPCs using Red Lotus Blade?
    The weapon skills used by each Trust NPC are pre-determined. We’ve been looking into adjustments so that they use weapon skills that fit the level they are, but there are cases where the optimal weapon skills change depending on the monster and conditions, so giving consideration for skill chain elements, we made all of them use the same weapon skills. However, we’d like to continue to look into the weapon skills used by Trust NPCs further.

Trust NPCs won’t enter battle unless I initiate the fight. Can you please fix this?
    We were thinking really hard about the conditions for beginning battles with Trust NPCs.

We had looked into the same system as avatars, but we thought there would be some negatives associated with the system if they automatically started attacking aggressive monsters that aggroed you. We’d like to continue to look into the conditions for beginning battles a bit more.

Does Nanaa Mihgo have Treasure Hunter? And can you give her dual wield?
    Nanaa Mihgo has Treasure Hunter I. The Treasure Hunter for Trust NPCs works the same was as that of pets.

In regards to dual wield, as we need to create these animations from scratch and it would take just as long as adding a totally new NPC, it’s a bit difficult for us to address this at the moment. We’d first like to prioritize adding new Trust NPCs.

When I use waypoints to move around the NPCs don’t follow.
    We’ve confirmed a bug where NPCs do not move when using waypoints or survival skills. I apologize for the inconvenience, but we are currently working on a fix.

Can you separate the Trust spells from our other spells?
    We are looking into separating it into an individual category in a future version update.

I’d like to be able to call out Trust NPCs when I’m in a party of two or three people.
    We would like to make it possible to summon Trust NPCs while in a party in the future.

We’ll continue to improve NPC AI, increase the content and areas in which Trust NPCs can be summoned, and make other adjustments to the system, so we’d love it if you keep giving your feedback.
    (16)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Ellorion
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    "In the future we will be making it so even when you are not in battle the NPCs will use enhancing magic and healing magic."
    Will this also apply to puppets? I would have wanted / liked that a long time ago.
    (4)

Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast