Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Hulkamania
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

How is the return home to Vanadiel campaign supposed to work exactly???

I quit this game just before they upped the level cap to 80 and have been absent for the game for 3.5 years. Today I reactivated my account but have no access to new content despite downloading and installing the Ultimate Seekers collection addition. Also I was under the impression content ID's would be automatically reactivated, mine wasn't.

Why don't I have access to new content that was supposed to be part of a free trial?
    (0)

Character
    Giraffa
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I'm also confused about this. I installed SoA, and when I started my client, SoA was grayed out. I logged in and wasn't able to start the first mission for SoA.
    (1)

Character
    Hulkamania
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

SE has really blown it...

I'm starting to see why I quit 3.5 years ago... I don't remember things being this bad at the time. Right now there's webpages with all kinds of unclear info. Also just now I went into the Mog Garden and can't exit.... lovely
    (0)

Character
    Blackavar
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99

Same here

I have done everything. At first, I thought I screwed up. I uninstalled and reinstalled to make sure I SAW SoA being installed. It was, in fact installed, but it is greyed out at the main screen. I can't access any missions, cutscenes, etc., from the expansion. I read the pdf file mentioned and notice it says something about registering with a code you receive in the email.....never got an email. I've been at this for about 5 hours now and finally found this one tiny spot on all of the world wide web where other people are having the same problem......
    (0)

Player
    I'm not sure i got this right, i logged on Playonline ok, but trying to log on FFXI i just got the message that i have no active contentID.

From the return campain page, it said "all players will automatically have their inactive accounts reactivated". Was there something else to do ?

On SE account page all the characters are disabled and i can't register the anniversary code either.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Badkitty,

The “ free trial version” of the FINAL FANTASY XI: Ultimate Collection Seekers Edition does indeed not provide users with a registration code, meaning it's basically just a free download of the installation for those who already have an account from the past, and have lost their discs or digital download.

See more here:

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    As for the “free trial”, I contacted the eMail support for some form of elaboration since we have not had any official comment here yet; it seems to be as I suspected, and I quote:

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support Centre.

We are sorry for any confusion caused by the free trial version of the FINAL FANTASY XI: Ultimate Collection Seekers Edition.

The promotion gives access to the full download files to the game for free, whereas previously if installation discs were lost for example a new copy of the game would need to have been purchased.

Unfortunately, if you have not purchased any expansions previously, you would not be able to enter these areas within the game, however you can still download this version of the game.

We once again apologise for any confusion and we will pass on your feedback.

Kind regards,

The Square Enix Support Centre team

Calysto,

When the particular account last active?

A character of mine was disconnected from the game during the campaign, and I had to re-activate them manually, paying for the 30 days by using Crysta, as per usual.

I'm not entirely sure who are eligible for this 'freebie', and am currently trying to figure out it with the support personnel...
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Player
    I stoped last month i think.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Calysto,

Only thing I can think of right now, is suggesting you contact the Support Centre/Center team as well.

I'd also check if your Content IDs actually show up in PlayOnline viewer, in the Link settings of your Handle, but are unlinked for a reason or another (I do doubt that is the actual issue, however).
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Senan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 70
    Yeah, I'm really, really confused by all of this. I just re-installed the game through Steam (as I had bought it through them before), patched it up, and when I tried logging in to my account, it told me that I needed to reactive my ID. So I went to the management page and sure enough, my account was inactive. Out of curiosity, I purged my SE account of any old payment information (by using the "unregister" option) and then tried hitting the "reactivate" option on my account just to see what would happen. Lo and behold, my account reactivated! It kind of freaked me out at first because I was afraid I might have been charged something (although, there's no way that I could have had any up-to-date information on this account, considering how long it's been since I used it) but nothing is showing up in the "service fees" section. I also noticed that the character I have associated with the account is still maked as "cancelled", yet I'm able to log on him as if he's active.

So yeah, I honestly don't know what's going on. In all these years, SE is still easily at the forefront of convoluted account systems. The whole process is an exercise in confusion and frustration and now I'm sitting here wondering if I might have did something that I shouldn't have. Ugh...
    (1)

Character
    Lynwell
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Well whatever you did, glad it worked for you. I still have an account for a family member not working, with trying your reactivate method. It just gives the usual 'not enough crysta' stuff. I do notice though that on her account it has the registration date for PoL and FFXI vanilla as Dec 10th 2013, with the expansions are at 2006. Maybe those dates are confusing the system making her "new". Otherwise I have no clue, contacted support via chat three times already about it and its just "escalated" with no info as to whats going on.

Not exactly a way to bring old players back into a dying game, given the server head count these days.
    (2)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast