Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I agree with accuracy rate on pets. Never understood this phobia of making pets competant DD for fear they will "solo all the things". However I don't think the solution is to try to create more niche roles. FFXI is at 22 jobs now. No closed content (open content being beseiged, campaign, reives, etc.) will ever support this and be completely balanced. It will just be a constant teetering of adjusting. They need to move away from making the unique quality of jobs be what you bring to the fight and move it to unique in how it plays but does the same thing.

As long as players demand their job be niche and have a unfillable otherwise role. There will always be jobs that are judged as better because there's only so many party/alliance slots and content for the most part that requires groups have the same goal. There's no wiggle room. For example, look at League of Legends, which has a great system of incomparables. They have a ton of different champions around 117 current I believe but they all play differently but accomplish very minimal role types. Sure, there will always be debate on what is better but there won't be a clear list on what is required.

I'd like to see pet jobs become better, but all jobs fitting into 6 or less role types that just play differently and have incomparable skills.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Rwolf View Post
    Tell them to just change Eminent Sachet and Eminent Animator to i117. All the other rewards are already item level 117. Not looking a gift horse in the mouth, but adding a new satchet/animator separately seems like more work for the devs and not really necessary to encourage people to keep doing Records of Eminence.
    completely agreed. and while we are on the subject, never understood the reasoning for leaving the pets level gapped to the master's gear anyway, especially in light of other players lol-ing pet jobs in end-game content as being too weak when building parties. Making them purposely weak just seems to add to that kind of thing and I understood Matsui was trying to increase, not decrease job relevance.
    (0)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rwolf View Post
    Tell them to just change Eminent Sachet and Eminent Animator to i117. All the other rewards are already item level 117. Not looking a gift horse in the mouth, but adding a new satchet/animator separately seems like more work for the devs and not really necessary to encourage people to keep doing Records of Eminence.
    So.
    Much.
    This.

Though I think the reason why they didn't do that is because the "other weapons" all have that gimpy latent trigger that makes them not really act like what a 117 weapon should be like... (that spike in dmg dropping after 100% TP is supposed to be "the same" as -2lvs for the pup and smn "weapon" items.)
    I am 100% sure that this is the reason.
    (0)

Character
    Rumblepakk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Hey guys, I got my 119 Seriphacaller today in divine might! It dropped from the Hume Ark angel. Just letting you guys know
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    http://www.ffxidb.com/items/21381

It drops from all of them in DM.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3