Thread: Wiping Utsusemi

Character
    Mcdavid
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    It's been a long time but iirc the change wasn't completely negative. Might be hard to find update notes on it but wasn't it basically just like blink at the time?
    Nah there was nothing positive about the change way back when. Strictly a nerf.
    (1)

Player
    I think its about time that nerf was lifted.
    (1)
    A time enjoyed is a time not wasted

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rpro View Post
    Nah there was nothing positive about the change way back when. Strictly a nerf.
    Could've sworn there was a slight upside. Like it used to be just like blink and all AoEs wiped and dealt dmg and had the same icon. But at the cost of losing multiple shadows especially on multihit attacks while blink still only loses one. But it has been 10 years so maybe I'm not remembering right. Found update notes but they didn't really describe what it was like before
    (0)
    Last edited by dasva; 12-09-2014 at 10:47 AM.

Player
    IIRC, the "upside" was that casting utsusemi now raised enmity, something most ninjas were struggling with at the time, though shadows being hit removed enmity, it was less than was generated through the spells. But, that was it.

Defensively speaking, though, nerf all around.
    (0)

There are no plans at the moment to make adjustments to Utsusemi.

By increasing ninjutsu skill, you can reduce the amount of shadows consumed by physical AoE attacks, so when you are ninja as your main job you can potentially evade a large amount of attacks.

Since there are quite a few enemies in Adoulin areas with magical AoE attacks, it’s hard to use Utsusemi, but this is a problem related to content balancing. With a lot of the current content such as Incursion, there are plenty of places where Utsusemi is advantageous.

We’ll be looking into NMs where Utsusemi can be useful.
    (4)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    There are no plans at the moment to make adjustments to Utsusemi.

By increasing ninjutsu skill, you can reduce the amount of shadows consumed by physical AoE attacks, so when you are ninja as your main job you can potentially evade a large amount of attacks.

Since there are quite a few enemies in Adoulin areas with magical AoE attacks, it’s hard to use Utsusemi, but this is a problem related to content balancing. With a lot of the current content such as Incursion, there are plenty of places where Utsusemi is advantageous.

We’ll be looking into NMs where Utsusemi can be useful.
    Okay, no 'adjustment'..... how about just giving the NIN's access to the SAN spell that has been around forever or is it the plan to retain that as NM-Exclusive forever?
    (1)

Player
    Even with max ninjustu skill mobs that use physical AoEs will most likely use it more then one so there goes that advantage that you speak of, and lets talk about mobs that have multi hit moves like the Craklaws, I've had them wipe my shadows in just two rounds. Tell me where is the balance when one of your tank jobs can't tank a good portion of NMs because they spam AoE magic, physical move btw is this the same balancing that's stopping the dev team from adding the Ni version of our spells? So what is it that would break ninja if we where given sneak 2
    "Since there are quite a few enemies in Adoulin areas with magical AoE attacks, it’s hard to use Utsusemi, but this is a problem related to content balancing." I'm not just talking about Adoulin but all over the world, you have level10 mobs that use sleepga and there they go. I can understand you want to keep jobs balanced so they all can be played but when you can't Tank a mobs just because it uses AoE magic and you don't have any other way to defend yourself just seems crazy, but that's just me.
    (2)
    Last edited by Zerowin; 12-10-2014 at 03:20 PM.

Player
    I'm still reeling over Utsusemi being useful in Incursion, all this time.... 130 Incursion so far, and I never knew!

>.>
    (2)

Player
    If your planning on making Utsusemi useful against some Nm are you planning on something to give Ninja something else to defend ourselves with on all the other NMs?
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Should also mention that on high level stuff there is almost no difference in shadows lost as a nin vs sub nin. This has always been the case except on easier stuff that could actually evasion tank. This is why back in the day you saw things like rdm/nin and drk/nin getting used as tanks
    (2)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast