Character
    Ghuda
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Seekers trial version - not working?

Hello,

Yesterday i downloaded the trial version of seekers through the playonline site. Installed an updated but the Seekers banner at the log in screen is still greyed out.

I closed down FF and POL, restarted and nothing. I checked out my account seeing if i had to register somewhere in the management system and nothing.

I downloaded the EU version in line with my current game and details too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    (2)

Character
    Aprian
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    same thing happened to me
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It's probably grayed out because you don't actually own it- since it's just a trial, did you try to actually access any expansion content?
    (0)

I also downloaded the files SE posted and installed everything fresh. Restarted. Looked in my SquareEnix account page and found nothing odd there. The appropriate NPC still won't give me the quest for SOA.

Perhaps their wording was off and plan to activate it at the same time as the return campaign (the dates for the SOA portion being only for the download)?
    (0)

The trial is downloadable, but isn't actually enabled until the 11th. The event starts once the patch goes live. They gave the download ahead of time so people can take care of the install and patching before the patch date, to distribute load on the patch servers. You know how it is when a new expansion launches? On top of everyone patching at once, you get the flood of new players with fresh installs downloading the huge initial patch, and it can take a few days.

From the event details:

Any currently inactive player that has ever subscribed to FINAL FANTASY XI in the past will be able to play free for a limited time and experience all the changes!

Campaign Schedule:
    Tuesday, December 10, 2013 at around 7:00 a.m. (PST)
    to Monday, December 23, 2013 at 6:59 a.m. (PST)

It's only Sunday. Adoulin won't activate until Tuesday morning, unless you buy it.
    (1)

Character
    Lexin
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Well if Seekers is any good I plan on returning after nearly 2 years absent since XIV is boring.
    (0)
    Lexin - Pansura
    DoRK - 90
    PLD - 85

I would like "Weapon Bash" renamed "Dragoon Bash" for old time sakes...

Character
    Mordian
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BST Lv 80
    Is it working for anyone yet?

Still grayd out for me and the NPC to start mission wont work.
    I assumed SE was going to let us try Adoulin content for two weeks as trial basis.
    (0)

Player
    That was just for downloading the game data, unfortunately. None of the expansions are unlocked without buying them.

It's understandable that they don't have a system in place to test an expansion, but a lot of recent content is unavailable without Adoulin. People without Abyssea are really out of luck. It would be nice if they would at least put expansions on sale during the free period. I don't think very many people are going to bite $30 for 13 days of play time, let alone resubscribe.
    (0)
    Last edited by Cof; 12-11-2013 at 06:32 AM.

Character
    Giraffa
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    So existing players coming back during the Vana'diel Experience Campaign will not be getting access to SoA? Can anyone confirm this?
    (0)

Character
    Dsherman
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I don't really know, but my expectation would be that the return campaign free access is just waving the subscription fee for the 2 weeks it runs (the 9th to the 23rd). The software download is available to help people that have previously subscribed, but have uninstalled whatever they had before, and don't have the install discs any more. It does not provide access to anything for anything that you have not previously registered. There are no registration codes provided.

You can still use the software download to get on, but you will only have access to expansions and add-ons that have registrations in place on your POL account. Only the subscription fee is being set aside, and only for those who do not currently have an active subscription.

The presentations given by SE about this are quite poor.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast