Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Kawar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

Plase explain the network letters s and r to me please(still need help unsolved)

I would like an as in depth detailed answer as possible,here is my question.I am lagging really really bad so bad that i cant move.Well i can move but it is very choppy and slow.I would like someone to explain to me what S effects and what hardware is effected with it.

Then the same for R please seeing as i am checking every thing and i am at a lose for what it could be.

also i am very sorry if this is the wrong forum it is very hard to tell where things should go i find in this forum.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kawar; 12-11-2013 at 09:07 AM. Reason: I tryed to change the title but it did not change in the forum but when you click it did is this a glich?

Sounds like an issue with your PC, not a internet issue. Best I can do to help sorry, maybe post your specs and if this happens with any other games.
    (0)

Character
    Kawar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Sounds like an issue with your PC, not a internet issue. Best I can do to help sorry, maybe post your specs and if this happens with any other games.
    I play on a ps2,but i can log on and i seem to have no error with the game i am running a file check right now on the game btw.anyone got any idea,btw for backstory.The power went out a few times in the last week,I think something may have happened but that is what i am thinking.

That is why i was asking what
    S=0
    R=0
    links to.Btw the s=0 and r=0 are example numbers and not what i see.What information would you need to try to help with this?

edit

I am looking in to opening my ports so my nat is open to see if that is the problem.but i cant find out how to do it and i do not understand where i put the information that i found in the book that came with my ps2 copy of the game a long time a go.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kawar; 12-06-2013 at 11:24 PM. Reason: adding more and adding one more question

S is packets sent
    R is packets received

As the PS2 has no malware that can infect it over the internet, best thing to do is assign it a static IP address and then put that IP address in the DMZ of your router. The DMZ device is not affected by the firewall at all.

You define your IP address before logging in to PlayOnline Viewer. You need to give it one that your router doesn't assign via DHCP, so you need to find the range in your router settings. Example, my router assigns the last digit in the address to be starting at address 10, and can hand out 50, meaning 192.168.0.10 through 192.168.0.59 are handed out by the router. That leaves final numbers of 2-9 (1 is used by the router) and 60-254 available for me to assign as static device addresses. A static address is much easier to grant firewall port exemptions, because the address won't change after a reboot and lease expiration.
    (0)

Character
    Kawar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by bungiefanNA View Post
    S is packets sent
    R is packets received

As the PS2 has no malware that can infect it over the internet, best thing to do is assign it a static IP address and then put that IP address in the DMZ of your router. The DMZ device is not affected by the firewall at all.

You define your IP address before logging in to PlayOnline Viewer. You need to give it one that your router doesn't assign via DHCP, so you need to find the range in your router settings. Example, my router assigns the last digit in the address to be starting at address 10, and can hand out 50, meaning 192.168.0.10 through 192.168.0.59 are handed out by the router. That leaves final numbers of 2-9 (1 is used by the router) and 60-254 available for me to assign as static device addresses. A static address is much easier to grant firewall port exemptions, because the address won't change after a reboot and lease expiration.
    Can you explain how to do what you were talking about with the router and also explain how to port forward seeing as i remember the se book that comes with the ps2 copy gives a list of some ports to let data move freely,but i forget how to work port forwarding.

also you lost me with the DMZ example,is there and information you need from me to be able to help me?Like the router i have or something like that?
    (0)

Character
    Freebytes
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Kawar, DMZ stands for Demilitarized Zone. You have a public IP that is handed to your router. Your router then gives private IP addresses out to the computers inside the network. If you look in your router and find a DMZ configuration, you can put your PS2 private IP address in there and it will not have any ports blocked for it. You must figure out how to log into your router on your own. Normally, if you go to a computer and use "ipconfig" from the command prompt, the gateway will be the IP address of the router. Put that in your web browser to make changes as needed. The default username is normally "admin" and the default password is normally blank, "password", or "admin".
    (0)

Character
    Kawar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Freebytes View Post
    Kawar, DMZ stands for Demilitarized Zone. You have a public IP that is handed to your router. Your router then gives private IP addresses out to the computers inside the network. If you look in your router and find a DMZ configuration, you can put your PS2 private IP address in there and it will not have any ports blocked for it. You must figure out how to log into your router on your own. Normally, if you go to a computer and use "ipconfig" from the command prompt, the gateway will be the IP address of the router. Put that in your web browser to make changes as needed. The default username is normally "admin" and the default password is normally blank, "password", or "admin".
    I just got in to my router and i found i do have DMZ but now i have no clue how to find my PS2s IP.Btw i am going to set this up and test,the lag this is going to help me see if it is my router or files on my ps2 or my ps2.

also i am still looking for someone to explain port forwarding to me please

I found the following links maybe you can help me make heads or tales of them and explain them a bit to me please.
    https://support.us.playstation.com/a...tail/a_id/1135
    https://support.us.playstation.com/a...NlcGpIbA%3D%3D
    (0)
    Last edited by Kawar; 12-09-2013 at 01:08 AM.

Your router is a firewall, because of NAT. It acts as a bouncer, and incoming traffic isn't sent to a device on the other side of the router unless it was specificlaly requested by the device. Port forwarding tells the router to allow traffic into the network on specific ports (each IP address has 65535 ports each for TCP and UDP traffic) , and to direct it to specific devices. Since it's a one-external-address-to-many-internal-addresses mapping, each port has to be specified to a specific internal IP. If no address is specified, the router discards the data.

You should know the IP address of the PS2, because you get to set it in the configuration in PlayOnline Viewer. You can either have devices request an address from the router (auto-configure, dynamic) or set the address on the device itself (manual, static). You want to set it yourself, because the router can hand out from a pool of several addresses, and it picks them randomly, so when you turn the PS2 off, it can get a different address next time. Setting the address yourself lets you know what it always is, and thus keep the port open for it.

Find a Network+ study guide. This is a major component of that exam. As for how to do it on your router, that varies from router to router. All network devices have the same settings options though, so defining a static address is the same, though the interface itself may be different.
    (0)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Plug your ps2 directly into the modem to see if it works better bypassing the router.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Kawar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by bungiefanNA View Post
    Your router is a firewall, because of NAT. It acts as a bouncer, and incoming traffic isn't sent to a device on the other side of the router unless it was specificlaly requested by the device. Port forwarding tells the router to allow traffic into the network on specific ports (each IP address has 65535 ports each for TCP and UDP traffic) , and to direct it to specific devices. Since it's a one-external-address-to-many-internal-addresses mapping, each port has to be specified to a specific internal IP. If no address is specified, the router discards the data.

You should know the IP address of the PS2, because you get to set it in the configuration in PlayOnline Viewer. You can either have devices request an address from the router (auto-configure, dynamic) or set the address on the device itself (manual, static). You want to set it yourself, because the router can hand out from a pool of several addresses, and it picks them randomly, so when you turn the PS2 off, it can get a different address next time. Setting the address yourself lets you know what it always is, and thus keep the port open for it.

Find a Network+ study guide. This is a major component of that exam. As for how to do it on your router, that varies from router to router. All network devices have the same settings options though, so defining a static address is the same, though the interface itself may be different.
    I still do not understand how i set it my self can you explain that a bit more please.

Quote Originally Posted by Raksha View Post
    Plug your ps2 directly into the modem to see if it works better bypassing the router.
    If i do this and the game works better what will that mean?

edit

I still need help i just checked like 5min a go and my ps2 is not sett to its own ip.I would like to know how to make one of my own to set to it can you explain it in a very dummy example please and what information do you need for this to go smoother on my part.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kawar; 12-11-2013 at 09:05 AM. Reason: I still need help and i did some digging and found out i am what seems like a step back so i put in information in the last post and wanted to get help please.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast