Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

Looking for a single equip set-up (please read no macro swap)

Hello! I play blm occasionally and I was wondering if some people could provide me with info as to what's preffered stat wise for blm and if any of you have some static pieces you could suggest as a full time piece of gear. I do gear swap but mostly it's acessories and such any help would be helpful!
    (1)

Player
    Just base the gear on what you're doing...

Like when I take blm to Voidwatch, it's just all refresh gear, couldn't care less about damage.
    If it's for WKR then couldn't care less about refresh etc.

Perfectly fine just putting on 5/5 Hagondes with an atinian staff.

Honestly don't even need a neck back waist rings etcetc if you're content on not gear swapping, you're obviously not trying to do anything worth doing, so just wear whatever you got, why bother asking.
    (0)

Player
    Honest attempt at trolling? all I got from your post was refresh if it's voidwatch no refresh if it's WKR....... I do gear swap and if you read my post I said the pieces I primarily will swap are my acessories and yes sometimes I'll swap main pieces. Hagondes is not the end all be all for Blm is it?
    (0)

Character
    Lynsara
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Gear swapping is a core part of this game, if you refuse to do so you are not playing your char nearly to its full potential which is what the other poster was getting at.

Different spells can be enhanced greatly by various gears and there is not a single job that requires only 1 set of gear to max it out and it also depends on what you are fighting. On some mobs you may need more macc, where others more matt, enfeebs can be boosted as well as stuns and sleeps.

So really there is no one end-all set...for any job really. Basically use your best judgment if you just want 1 set cause regardless your underpowering yourself in one area or another
    (5)

Character
    Speedyjim
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    For pure dmg, go for full MAB gear. Hagondes is the best in slot if you can get high MAB augments on them
    Main:Atinian Staff (or Lehbrailg +1 with MAB)
    Neck: Eddy/Stoicheion
    Earrings: Friomisi/Novio/Hecate's/Moldavite
    Back: Toro/Searing/Bane
    Waist: Maniacus/Aswang/Oneiros/Searing

Should you get unlucky with MAB augments on Hagondes Gloves & Sabots, you could use Otomi/Yaoyotl Gloves and/or Weatherspoon Souliers.

If you can get Demon Rings from gold chests in Abys-Tahrongi, great.
    (1)
    Last edited by Sp33dyjim; 12-07-2013 at 01:01 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp33dyjim View Post
    For pure dmg, go for full MAB gear. Hagondes is the best in slot if you can get high MAB augments on them
    Main:Atinian Staff (or Lehbrailg +1 with MAB)
    Neck: Eddy/Stoicheion
    Earrings: Friomisi/Novio/Hecate's/Moldavite
    Back: Toro/Searing/Bane
    Waist: Maniacus/Aswang/Oneiros/Searing

Should you get unlucky with MAB augments on Hagondes Gloves & Sabots, you could use Otomi/Yaoyotl Gloves and/or Weatherspoon Souliers.

If you can get Demon Rings from gold chests in Abys-Tahrongi, great.
    Awesome thank you very much.
    (0)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Umichi View Post
    Awesome thank you very much.
    The level 109 AF feet are rather nice IMO.
    (0)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    Agreed. Especially the boots and hat.
    The base hat is actually leagues better than Hagondes hat.... which is kinda sad. BUT Hagondes can get +30MAB iirc... too bad the augment wheel is terribad for that.
    And considering that Hagondes boots without any augments are just crap for BLM... the 109 AF1 boots are superb.

Basically: if you have the gil or time to dump bajillions of into getting good augments for Hagondes...
    I actually still think the RF1 hat and boots will be better for you in the long run. (especially since they're gonna be 119ifiable tomorrow)

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp33dyjim View Post
    Actually... Otomi gloves are kinda the BEST nuking gloves at present...
    Even better than the 119 Yaoyotl.
    And all because of one tiny little stat: +10Mdmg
    MAB will give you less and less bang for your buck... and with the fact that Hagondes pants alone are giving you +25MAB... yeah... if you don't have +100-150 MAB in your gear... you're really doing something wrong with all this MAB gear lol
    But that +10Mdmg with Otomi will be multiplied out with the rest of your MAB... And iirc it has like a wee bit more INT than Yaoyotl too.
    (0)
    Last edited by FaeQueenCory; 12-10-2013 at 10:45 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    I was eyeing the new 119 af boots I wish the af hat looks like the add-on expansion hat though!
    (0)

Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Umichi, I completely understand what you mean by bot having to gear swap (even though I use to do it for everything not to mention making mid cast swaps as well) it can be a pain in the butt & not to mention hell on your mog sack. Currently I use the following set full time for almost everything blm (I know I am being a "not so awesome" blm but that is okay I don't get to play that much right now anyway):
    Baqil Staff
    Wizzan Grip
    WitchStone
    Kaabanax Hat
    Quanpur Necklace
    Strophadic Earring
    Hecate’s Earring
    Hagondes Coat
    Quauhpilli Gloves
    Strendu Ring
    Diamond ring (total +7 int)
    Twilight Cape
    “Stone” obi
    Hagondes Pants
    Hagondes Sabots

I have not taken the time to augment my Hagondes Set, and I am almost always /sch and keep Klimaform & Sandstorm up on myself full time.
    Stone deals anywhere from 800~950 Dmg on reives monsters, 500~950 on Skirmish Mobs, and for WKRs I use a the obi & storm of the element the WKR is weak too (accept thunder as I do not have access to thunderstorm as /sch). I wont lie I am on the spamming stone band wagon, and until I have more time to sit down and play + evaluate the new gear this is the set I am sticking with as it works well for me. I hope it helps
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast