Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Coyotes
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99

Be BOLD, UNLOCK it all.

Our player base has dwindled to 1/5 of what it once was.
    We can hardly fill 18 player content without 1-2 hours of waiting.

Server Merge? Too easy. Eventually 1/5 of that will disappear as well.
    So what can SE do to really revive the game, give it a strong breath of longevity?

The Light suggestion:
    Unlock All merits. No more Category caps.
    Why? We're at 99, ilevel 100-120. What can you give us? More ilevel 150? No, that'd require more content... A quest then, an epic quest to unlock all of our MERITS! Incorporate that failed LEGION content and call it "Legendary Adventurer". Make us play it. Win it. 1/100 of players have won it. Thats absurdly bad. Give us a reason!
    As for the Meritd uncapping; Will it change the way we play the game? Yes!
    Will it be game breaking? No, not really.

The Hail Mary suggestion.
    It's time, don't you think?
    Let's uncap that subjob.. We're already loving what we see in Monstrousity. Just give it to us already.. If Monsters are already main/main, go for it! Give it to us completely!
    Who knows! We might even surprise you with what we do with the additional power! Players would return! They really will! Main/Main?!

Those jobs that were vital, they would come back! And those jobs that required superb gearing would no longer require it if combo'd with an alternatively well geared job.
    Example:
    BRD with no Ghorn/Duardabla = NQ BRD
    BUT a 99 WHM/99 BRD = Superb Support.
    Or a
    99 BRD/99 WHM with Ghorn/Duardabla = Ultimate Buffer/Support.

For those that have REM, they'd benefit more. And for those that don't, they lose nothing that they don't already have but gain a functional /99 second job that allows them to perform just slightly below the REM.

How say you?
    (3)

Bahamut summon plz
    (4)

Character
    Anjou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 60
    I think personally the whole uncapped sub is kinda...too far out there, I mean we're so used to half of our Kain's lvl being the subjob's lvl. This made players think tactically and set up the basis for what subjob's work best and what doesn't work. You can't just go in 99PLD/99DRK, that's not how the game should be, there's nothing to be gained from uncapping the subs, but I agree definitely on uncapping merits, that's way overdue../
    (4)

Character
    Coyotes
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    The whole idea of tactics is still there. It will never be far removed unless mobs stop 1 shotting us.. Setting that aside, it'd at least push us into the next phase of FFXI. We're already i-level 119. Unless SE wants to add new gear/content for i-level 150, the simplest solution would be to remove the restriction. It'd be interested, even if on the test server..
    (0)

5. 12-04-2013 07:22 PM

Character
    Anjou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    I would like to see the option of upgrading one favourite weapon or armor per account, to lvl 99 stats, via a simple quest storyline, and then upgrading that piece upto iLvl 115 (max) at one level per stage via an item collection system (similar to WKR drops on boulders etc.) <that way> if you have a favourite oldworld weapon or armor that you really want to use in 2013, you could have the option of upgrading one single piece (per SE account). To simplify the process, items would be upgraded to lvl 99 and escalating to 115 with identical scaling stats. So for example a lvl 70 weapon with low delay/low dmg would scale up to a lvl 99 low delay/low dmg. The coding system could be the same as Level-synching weaps/armors down, but in reverse.
    Could apply to any lvl 65-99 weapons and body/head armors only.

It would be good for two reasons, it would appeal to nostalgia players who miss their one favourite lvl75-99 era item, and also it would create VARIETY in Seekers where everyone rocking the same WKR/Skirmish gear.

That and also expanding on magian lvl 99 weapons, new trials for lvl 99-115 <yes, please>.
    They already said once that they were going to expand on ToM, the thing keeping them from doing it is how to mesh it into SoA's content. There isn't anything to farm out there aside from the spawned NM's with shards, so things like NM farming is out of the question. They could go "Kill X amount of members of the vermin family" or w/e.
    (0)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjou View Post
    They already said once that they were going to expand on ToM, the thing keeping them from doing it is how to mesh it into SoA's content. There isn't anything to farm out there aside from the spawned NM's with shards, so things like NM farming is out of the question. They could go "Kill X amount of members of the vermin family" or w/e.
    Well there's always pebbles!

LoL I kid.... but don't you hate when those drop in rieves?
    They have a few items that aren't a part of the Delve grindfest... but they are mostly twitterim wings and beastmen stuff...
    Of course... no one ever expected them to introduce a new seal...
    So... new geode/ites are not out of the realms of possibility.
    (0)

Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I agree with uncapping merits, but not with level 99 subjobs. That undermines the entire job system.
    (8)

Character
    Rentwokay
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 75
    So, DDs get another macro or two to hit every few minutes in exchange for a significant increase to their damage output, but support jobs are now expected to do the work of two party members at much? Yeah, that's fair.
    (6)

10. 12-05-2013 08:55 AM

11. 12-05-2013 09:07 AM

Character
    Coyotes
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Imagine most/all DD's / 99 BRD. Now you tell me, is that a bad idea?
    A DD/DD would be more worthless then a DD/support..
    MNK doesn't need a subjob.

DRK could sub SAM. It'd bring it back as a good DD.
    WAR could sub SAM, It'd bring it back as a good DD.

And for the jobs no one invites!
    BLU/DD
    BLU/Support
    BLU/Mage

DNC/WAR
    DNC/SCH

COR/BLM
    COR/RNG!

RNG/COR!

DRG/DD

THF/Mage
    THF/DD

Puppet/Support

Summoner/Mage

Nin/Thf

Nin/BLM!

BST/PUP = Change pet
    BST/SMN = Change pet

Mage/MNK for some badass Staving?
    (0)

Player
    Fully in support of the 99/99 unlocking of subs, I really thought that would happen by now, or;

Tertiary jobs (99THF/49DNC/24WAR) etcetc or 99/49/49 or even 100/50/25
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast