Character
    Nelyus
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Sorcerer's Tonban

The Sorcerer's Tonban & the Sorcerer's Tonban +1 both have a very nice effect; Elemental magic affected by day. However, when upgraded into +2, they loose it.
    Is that a mistake? Could it be fixed so the ability still is on the +2 item?
    (0)
    Nel.

Greetings,

The reason why the day bonus changed to INT+5 and Magic Attack Bonus +5 is because the damage boost will remain at a constant value, and at the time it was introduced this was thought to be more valuable than depending on the proper day to utilize this equipment.

We understand, however, that as the power of each elemental spell has been balanced out in the July 2013 version update, the usefulness of the day bonuses have increased. We appreciate your feedback on this and we will take it into consideration moving forward.
    (1)

Okipuit - Community Team

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    The problem is I don't think the change was every more valuable. For off day nukes there already were much better peices so "upgrading" sorcerers tonban always actually made it less useful
    (2)

Character
    Angrykitty
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    Greetings,

The reason why the day bonus changed to INT+5 and Magic Attack Bonus +5 is because the damage boost will remain at a constant value, and at the time it was introduced this was thought to be more valuable than depending on the proper day to utilize this equipment.

We understand, however, that as the power of each elemental spell has been balanced out in the July 2013 version update, the usefulness of the day bonuses have increased. We appreciate your feedback on this and we will take it into consideration moving forward.
    If the spells are balanced, why does a thunder spell cost more MP to cast than a stone spell?
    (4)

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    i think he means a balance of MP efficiency to damage or something. But one of the main aspects of the balancing act was to make your stone do closer damage to thunder. so you dont have a stone spell doin 8 dmg while your thunder breaks 200. I never understood why give monsters weaknesses to various elements when using thunder or blizzard almost always did way more damage than using stone when it was the weakness. But now after the change your stone does within 50 damage of thunder so its not so far off base (50 dmg isnt an exact figure just an example number)
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    They removed the bonus from BLM pants +2 because the gear designers fundamentally don't understand how their game works. Every time they add X MAB to a piece of gear, they think it's worth +X% magic damage when comparing it to the alternatives. For example, look at the MAB we've gotten on staves... forever. I'm sure SE thought Dorje was an improvement over HQ elemental staves when it was released. They probably thought Laev was the best nuking staff for BLM as well.

The only way you can possibly rationalize the stats SE has put on mage gear is if you assume that the /equip command does not exist. If someone wasn't swapping elemental staves, for instance, it might be better for them to use Dorje than an HQ staff. If someone was fulltiming BLM AF2 pants, it might be better for them to just have +5 MAB.
    (6)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    i think he means a balance of MP efficiency to damage or something. But one of the main aspects of the balancing act was to make your stone do closer damage to thunder. so you dont have a stone spell doin 8 dmg while your thunder breaks 200. I never understood why give monsters weaknesses to various elements when using thunder or blizzard almost always did way more damage than using stone when it was the weakness. But now after the change your stone does within 50 damage of thunder so its not so far off base (50 dmg isnt an exact figure just an example number)
    Prior to the update within a tier they actually were fairly balanced mp to dmg now it's actually the opposite with lower tiers being insanely more efficient. Though alot of that is because of the magic dmg stat. So sthunderwill only be maybe 5% more dmg than stone but cost 8.5X as much mp
    (1)

Character
    Phaffi
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    (3)

Character
    Nelyus
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I am a Dark Magic lover & the day bonus was a must, but when upgraded into +2, it was gone useless for Dark Magic, also the new highest nukes makes the day bonus much better than the INT & Magic attack bonuses.
    I agree with Phafi !
    I have to say the Sorcerer`s Tonban are not the only Relic to loose nice abilities once turned into +2.

N.B. Thanks for taking time & considering my post dear GM.
    (1)
    Last edited by Nelyus; 12-08-2013 at 03:45 PM.
    Nel.