Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Umichi View Post
    Given the fact that I don't see alot of people PvP'ing on my server It could be that these abilities are to powerful based on the population that actually engages in PvP so perhaps they are scaling it down so smaller groups can fight the monsters without having one person being so one sided as a monster they are impossible to beat. (See pankration)
    The imbalance has more to do with how much hp they have as well as just melee power (unless you are a chigoe) then strenght of the moves. I mean most of the moves do less than the monster version would do to you when fighting leveling up old school. Another part of this is who the hell has level 30, 60, 90 capped gear and of course the restriction on gear swapping. Also there is little incentive for the monipulator to actually fight back.

Another problem it lets say you scaled back and nerfed the monsters to where a small group of players could easily win... you'd basically be making the monster barely stronger than players while being forced to xp and lvl off of normal mobs solo. Would you solo melee whm up to 99 or whatever just to unlock another job? That in turn needs to be leveled up again basically only off of eps every few minutes to unlock another one?

As far as being able to win right now it's actually not that hard. Find someone decently under the cap for that zone, wait till they low hp, evasion/blink tank and hope they aren't a mage lol, kiting might work on the ones without movement speed, possibly a full turtle setup, or just throw a pet at them and stay out of range since they wont be able to do anything to the pet
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjou View Post
    But the problem here Umichi, is that monipulators can't party up with their fellows monipulators, yet players can party up with their friends to gang up and kill monipulators who don't want to fight and just want to get through the dull stage to get to the much better phase so that they can get that next mob to control. Having someone sniping you is frustrating, and monipulators need to have some kind of edge to discourage players who might have a personal grudge or something like that against the person as the monipulator, attack them, and make that aspect of the game miserable. There are people who are like this, I know several of them who would just pick on a player for sheer kicks.

Nerfing monipulators is a bad idea, and it'll make the leveling experience that much more stressful than fun if you have some random passerby coming out of nowhere and slaughtering you.
    Ummm It's called PvP you didn't expect it to be easy did you? don't like PvP'ing there is a peaceful alternative instead of turning on billigerancy... I mean the NPC's even give you a warning that turning on PvP means you go into those zones intending to fight other players.. So go level somewhere else... There are plenty of places... Besides haven't they said monipulators might be able to party up in the future? I believe I also read somewhere that you as a monipulator can link monsters onto players. Is that true? I don't quite PvP yet >_> (Have to make a macro set with no gear changes)
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Yes there is supposed to be partying up with other monsters later actually expected it to be by now. As far as linking monsters onto players not really but you can run into aggro stuff or things that will link with something that might be on them. Of course it might aggro you too. But if the monster gets the final blow you don't lose anything. Also you can gear change but you can only swap 1 peice at a time and it makes it so you can't do anything else for like 5 seconds. So you don't really have to make new maccros though perhaps might be a good idea to do make the more important peice swap first since that will be the only one changing lol
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    strange thing is i've had belligerent monipulators warp out as soon as a gladiator checks them, even though I'm alone and would probably get eaten alive- as if they want to just farm infamy over the 10k cap and not actually participate in the content.
    (0)

Player
    I don't understand it. why even bother turning on billigerency if your intent is to not fight?
    (0)

Character
    Anjou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 60
    It has more to do with monipulators being miserable killing trash mobs at a slower pace than what they are right now. You think that's fair? You think it's fair that their strength gets sliced in almost literally in half because of 'balance' issues? Tough luck, using balance as an excuse on ffxi is moot at this point, hence the december 11th thing coming up giving people what were once considered the best gear in the game. If people actually cared about balance, they would have stopped this stupid campaign stuff a long time ago, but they didn't Umichi.

You fail to see the point people are trying to convey: They worked for those monster that they play as, the strengths that come with the monsters. Yet SE wants to dumb those monsters down that they worked for. That's not fair to the people who -play monstrosity.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    They really need to make a command to toggle belligerency, it could work like level sync:

-Activating the flag in a particular area flags you for PvP and caps you to that area's level restriction and applies gestation.
    -- You can only activate the flag if you are not currently on any monster's enmity list.
    -Deactivating the flag starts a 30 second countdown (like level sync), after the countdown the level restriction and PvP flag are removed.
    -- You can only activate the flag if you are not currently on any monster's enmity list. Getting aggro or attacking before the timer runs out will cancel the process.

Simple, I think.

I ran into a monipulator in belligerency that had gone AFK. Unable to resist, I killed it and instantly ranked up from nothing to CG (got 10k prestige in one shot). While I felt guilty for doing this (As that player probably would have pwned me fighting solo), if the other person could take their flag off it would avoid this (Though the player could have also gone back to town if they needed to go AFK). Perhaps AFK players could have their flag automatically and temporarily disabled if they're idle for a long enough time to prevent this sort of situation.
    (2)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 12-06-2013 at 03:38 AM.

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Umichi View Post
    I don't understand it. why even bother turning on billigerency if your intent is to not fight?
    Basically to accumlate more than 10k infamy which is required to buy some subspecies models. If they got rid of that requirement you probably wouldn't see anyone turning it on except to fight people
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    There isn't much incentive for adventurers to enter belligerency. While there are item rewards, it takes a LOT of prestige, and you have to put yourself at high risk to get it in a reasonable amount of time. The consequences of losing really need to be reduced for both sides. Right now the hit to your prestige or infamy for dying just a single time is huge, equivalent to a few hours of grinding it out on normal monsters.

I understand that in the version update the penalty for monipulators will be adjusted, but this needs to be extended to gladiators as well.

(I was able to take on someone playing on a marid with PUP by kite-nuking the way I would against some NMs, though this wasn't easy even though marids have 60% movement. It does seem like player marids move faster than the real ones)
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 12-07-2013 at 06:18 PM.

Player
    ummm the rewards for momipulators are the subspecies you purchase with points... aren't they powerful?
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast