Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bebekeke View Post
    OK, don't remove it. I found that adding you to my ignore list removes the unsightly thing from my screen

I have a feeling that I won't be the only one
    Well Adblock plus takes care of it too but I'm thinking of ignore listing just on principle. Maybe we should report to the mods.
    (0)

Character
    Cardgrey
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    guess ill say this. while thf may need adjusting as someone who makes groups there are jobs i like and jobs i don't. i don't care if your the best geared person on the server. if i don't like your job your not coming period. don't like it put a group together yourself. for me puppet i hate it. to me its a joke. ill NEVER invite a puppet . its not personal. i just don't feel i am obligated to bring something i don't want as i am doing the work of putting it together. don't like it fine u put it together.
    (1)
    Last edited by zataz; 10-04-2014 at 07:26 AM.

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Anyone else's LS insist that they equip Sandung/Thief's Knife for events?
    (0)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Skull View Post
    Anyone else's LS insist that they equip Sandung/Thief's Knife for events?
    You don't need those if you have the chaac belt. Which is sort of annoying since thf isn't really a job that gets invited to delve. Maybe when Empyrean gets reforged they will put one more TH on the feet and there will be no need.
    (0)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Just as a side note as it may not be known, in SoA areas with Ionis on Thf only needs +3 TH to cap. Ionis gives +2 TH.
    (1)
    7/10/14

Character
    Stify
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raydeus View Post
    Yeah, the one thing I'd like to see is a reduction in SA/TA/Hide timers along with Hide also applying for sound instead of just sight.

Other than that I can't really say much since I've been allergic to "end game" grind crap since forever. If there's End-Game LS requirements to an activity then I have no interest whatsoever in it.
    d(^^d)
    Or just make SA/TA a stance so that either of the 2 is up full time.
    (0)

Character
    Malichi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    TH gear: lock the Initial TH value at whatever Thf can lay down with no gear as it works today (TH 3 or 4?). Make al the TH+ gear increase proc percentage on critical hit instead of increasing initial value (or raising said value after you remember to put it on) and have it stack with the proc increase Thf gets on job points. For example Thf starts fight first proc is th4, Thf with no JP can naturally raise TH on any crit hit initially 5% of the time and equipped with Max TH (Sandung Chaac Belt Plunderers Armlets +1 etc. have up to 10% additional proc rate on crit hit to raise the TH value over time. Job point additions would be I addition to this. Caps on maximum TH value applied should probably stay the same. There is a trade off idea though too, as I'll mention later.

In things that drop boxes having TH to slightly increase the chances of personal drops would make them a coveted addition to any of that content.

Damage/ survivability and utility.: the trade off I mentioned before, give Thf a stance where they trade off crit hits for very high evasion boost to both physical and magical attacks. Kills auto attack damage but the option should remain to Thf to prioritize dodging instead of hitting harder. This would allow them to still contribute to damage and setting up SCs and enmity control while not becoming overly taxing on healers. And would allow Thf to do more that lay on TH and run away.

Also Thf needs a blunt weaponskill on dagger that has decent damage to things that are vulnerable to it and a chance to stun. Real thiefs made efficient use of Black Jacks a short blunt instrument used by larcenists to subdue a mark instead of killing him or her. But there's nothing saying any Thf in Vanadiel wouldn't use the hilt of their dagger to black jack an opponent.

All told I think these changes would keep Thf in the fight for end game and strike a balance with utility and survivability, as well as allowing the TH to build up much faster when it matters.
    (0)
    Last edited by Malichi; 07-17-2016 at 12:36 PM.
    A man is measured by how he conducts himself while being destroyed.

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Why is this thread still alive? THF is one of the top DDs in the game now. The only fix it needs is the same fix that every other close range DD needs: the ability to survive close range. That arguement belongs on a general thread about all DDs, not on a THF thread.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Malichi View Post
    TH gear: lock the Initial TH value at whatever Thf can lay down with no gear as it works today (TH 3 or 4?). Make al the TH+ gear increase proc percentage on critical hit instead of increasing initial value (or raising said value after you remember to put it on) and have it stack with the proc increase Thf gets on job points. For example Thf starts fight first proc is th4, Thf with no JP can naturally raise TH on any crit hit initially 5% of the time and equipped with Max TH (Sandung Chaac Belt Plunderers Armlets +1 etc. have up to 10% additional proc rate on crit hit to raise the TH value over time. Job point additions would be I addition to this. Caps on maximum TH value applied should probably stay the same. There is a trade off idea though too, as I'll mention later.
    I could be misunderstanding, but why would you want TH to start at trait-only level instead of starting at trait+gear level?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeldar View Post
    Why is this thread still alive? THF is one of the top DDs in the game now. The only fix it needs is the same fix that every other close range DD needs: the ability to survive close range. That arguement belongs on a general thread about all DDs, not on a THF thread.
    It wasn't, it's a year and a half necro.
    (1)

Character
    Malichi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    I could be misunderstanding, but why would you want TH to start at trait-only level instead of starting at trait+gear level?
    Lately I have heard a lot of complaints about TH not activating fast enough or at all I know it's there even if you don't see it proc. These days though when you have teams killing NMs super fast because they may have to just to tsurvive the encounter I would hope a system like the one I presented would allow TH to proc at a much higher rate. When you have 4 Bard songs geo haste and and Haste 2 available to support your thief you should be able to get something out of all that planning. The way is set up now I have seen a Thf go in and no one has any idea if TH landed or not before the mob is dead. Oh and trait would be for initial value gear would be for chance to upgrade from proc. Conceivably a master Thf would be able to proc at 23 (JP) +5 (native) + 10% (gear) for 38% chance of upgrading TH value on any given crit swing. I proposed a lower initial value to strike a balance for higher gains in the end. Especially since I was also pitching an option of survivability where the THF would have to basically turn their crit rate off to dodge instead.
    (0)
    Last edited by Malichi; 07-17-2016 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Syntax
    A man is measured by how he conducts himself while being destroyed.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast