Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kiyara
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

Please fix thief SE. Tired of being the joke job of FFXI for end game. Job Balance!

Now it just seems that the community has gotten so picky beyond belief (due to the fact population is next to none and everyone seems to be in the "only these jobs for everything" mentality) that thf literally has 0 purpose in end game. Aside being told to 'level monk" (get sick of hearing that), thf has to be able to do dmg on some level in end game to be useful.

I know we aren't supposed to be the best nor are we a war or sam etc, but we are a DD, not some backline job that runs to the front to hit the mob once and we stand back the rest of the fight (been told this multiple times and been called useless in every aspect of end game). We can't do voidwatch, delve, hard mode dynamis NMs, hard mode salvage, etc due to our ineffectiveness.

I must be missing something here because the fact that I'm told we can't do anything end game related is unacceptable in my eyes nor am I going to be "bullied" by the server to quit/retire thf and play mnk which is some sorry copout/excuse.

And seriously SE, fix thief. You've been treating us as one of the biggest loljobs since the beginning. In end game, our evasion is useless, our TH is useless, our dps is lacking. Seriously, what do we have? We deserve more than what we have. I didn't level my thf to be a tool. I leveled it to be a solid DD and actually love using the job and playing it to my full potential. I didn't gear it to be a meaningless visual trophy. Leveling another DD is not an acceptable answer. Period.

Here is what I suggest:

1) If you are going to make Treasure Hunter useful, make it useful across the board. This is a star trait yet it almost has 0 application in end game situations. We can't use it in anything that drops a chest/crate/BCNM/etc due to the fact that TH has no bearing on the drop rate. To be honest, it should. It should affect everything drop related period.

2) Increase our usefulness aside just TH. We honestly should be able to do decent/good damage overall and not have to be second banana to every other DD job. We are a damage dealing job. Not a gimmick/TH only job.

3) Make our tools useful to the situation across the board, not just low level content. We have so many abilities and traits that are completely useless in an end game situation. Evasion for example has literally no use on end game mobs. This is one of our star traits and all the end game mobs have capped accuracy so that makes us useless to dodge. Sneak Attack and Trick Attack should be usable more often. Once every 1 minute is too long. It should be cut down to like 30-45 seconds each or so and make the merit traits increase the damage modifier. This is our big damage time. Every other melee job just needs their tp to 100% and they unleash big damage. Ours is extremely situational.

4) Base damage is too low against high level mobs in comparison to other jobs. When I can swing for 60-200 damage a hit in comparison to a monk who does 200-600 damage swing that attacks just as quickly or in some cases faster, what chance do I have to be remotely useful? 2 hander jobs I understand hit harder which makes sense but the problem is here is there is way too much tierism in the jobs.

Overall, the jobs definitely need balance. It's not just thief either. Other jobs such as Beastmaster, Blue Mage, Red Mage (they seriously got the shaft), and some others are in the same boat as well being undesired in end game. The goal here is to make every job useful in end game situation. Everyone wants to play a game to use their favorite job and not be forced to level another job. People want options. We need those options. Balance is important. Lot of other jobs got plenty of love such as paladin, dragoon, warrior, black mage, etc. Thieves and other aforementioned jobs need the same.
    (9)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Are there any jobs that haven't complained about being the "joke" job at some point in the history of the game?
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    Are there any jobs that haven't complained about being the "joke" job at some point in the history of the game?
    BRD, COR, WHM, and WAR have been pretty much at the top from day one. On the other hand THF has never been anything but a joke. Even when it was most popular it was a "Stick the THF in for 1 hit at the end for TH, then kick him again" job. Which is a mule's job now.
    (4)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Louispv View Post
    BRD, COR, WHM, and WAR have been pretty much at the top from day one. On the other hand THF has never been anything but a joke. Even when it was most popular it was a "Stick the THF in for 1 hit at the end for TH, then kick him again" job. Which is a mule's job now.
    T_T that's still more than what SMN has gotten....

But on topic:
    The whole TH thing is totes spot on.... maybe if TH affected the current endgame: Delve... maybe there could be a spot for THF.

THF has the highest evasion in the game... but NIN is a better evasion tank due to blink-tanking.
    THF can dual wield daggers: fastest weapons in the game.... But like Kiyara said... death by 1000 pokes isn't really doing anything when MNKs do the same speed of delay for a bajillion more damage. With the ability to have more than one 119 weapon.... maybe the DD aspects of THF can be viable. Even if only a little.

We also need to remember: it's not the fault of the players that most of the jobs have 0 place in Delve atm. (I'm hoping full 119 armors will let more people in... like how the 119 REM should have...)
    It's the fault of the design of the event.
    And the fact that MNK has access to the one of the easiest 119 weapons to get.
    Which is also the fault of Delve... At least with the 119REMs all weapons have a 119.
    VW was well designed with inclusivity... because having at least 1 of every job was a benefit. (though there was still priority to certain jobs... it didn't EXCLUDE the way Delve does.)
    (0)

Player
    Keeping it short and sweet:

- Content with an 18 man limit that can be cleared consistantly with 9 is not exclusionary. Players are exclusionary.

- THF is fine, assuming both are perfectly geared, a THF will contribute more to the alliance than a MNK will in ceizak. The disadvantage in other zones is not severe. Players don't like THFs because many of them are not geared well, and leave a bad impression that brings the whole job down. It seems that those with the resources to get the top end gear gravitate toward the more popular jobs.

- Kiyara has some serious entitlement issues. Like, serious.
    (0)
    Last edited by Comeatmebro; 11-30-2013 at 05:38 PM.

Character
    Kiyara
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I'm just more upset at the community overall. The bigotry/ignorance of these end game groups is just unbelievable. I never did that crap when I ran my end game LS. Everyone was welcome.
    (0)

Character
    Nakts
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Indeed, I miss "All Welcome" endgame communities, now all I see are "OAT MNK VET ONRY".
    And I had the same feeling when I played around with my THF, it kind of sucks to feel so useless on what should be an awesome job.
    (0)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Comeatmebro View Post
    - Content with an 18 man limit that can be cleared consistantly with 9 is not exclusionary. Players are exclusionary.
    9_9
    Yes because VW totes excluded the vast majority of jobs because they didn't contribute to the challenge at hand.
    Oh wait. No. That's the EXACT OPPOSITE of VW where having 1 of everything increased procing chances.

Yes. Exclusion is on the players.
    But the fact that the content is set up to encourage this is also undeniable.
    (VW was set up to be anti-exclusionary... by having something for every job to do. Delve does not do this, and by not doing this enables exclusionary practices.)
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Comeatmebro View Post

en vino veritas
    (0)

Wow how didn't they ban that signature? lol
    (0)

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast