Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Well, if the THF goes in and hits the mob, TH landed. IDK who you are playing with, but this is pretty common knowledge.
    (1)

Character
    Malichi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    As I said, I'm aware TH is there even if it doesn't show in the log. At any rate I was really suggesting some functionality changes to THF to stop them from having to only have to run in, stick it with TH, and run out. Some people who play THF, myself included ,I feel, would like to have options when it comes to fighting hard hitting AOE spamming mobs, especially ones where TH isn't even necessary.

So after TH is almost capped or if it isn't necessary at all, say In a Unity fight, wouldn't you like to be able to keep fighting instead of taking a dirt nap and therefore becoming a liability to the MP pool. I don't know of a lot of DT- gear that wouldn't cause you to take a serious hit to the DPS... except maybe the new Ambuscade set. Hmmm more testing is required.

At any rate, it's an idea, and only silent ideas are never considered.
    (0)
    A man is measured by how he conducts himself while being destroyed.

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Malichi View Post
    As I said, I'm aware TH is there even if it doesn't show in the log. At any rate, I was really suggesting some functionality changes to THF to stop them from having to only have to run in, stick it with TH, and run out. Some people who play THF, myself included ,I feel, would like to have options when it comes to fighting hard hitting AOE spamming mobs, especially ones where TH isn't even necessary.

So after TH is almost capped or if it isn't necessary at all, say In a Unity fight, wouldn't you like to be able to keep fighting instead of taking a dirt nap and therefore becoming a liability to the MP pool. I don't know of a lot of DT- gear that wouldn't cause you to take a serious hit to the DPS... except maybe the new Ambuscade set. Hmmm, more testing is required.

At any rate, it's an idea, and only silent ideas are never considered.
    Well I've only read briefly and only maybe 2 articles of you may have written but mainly you would want some type of fast confirmation TH has done its ability to do the processes or Also has even processed enhancing the treasure pool either by a text chat conformation or a title name above its head or even a symbol like staggering does that confirms it, Hmmm.... maybe all three even to have a fully positively got the idea of seeing you've got the confirmation by no way to miss seeing it in this method/way? I do play mainly thf on my 2nd char. Yogorock who I did want becoming the main char. through the years before quitting but was never going to happen as I see it now with quitting by the end of subscription or by when I've completed all storylines of all the add-on's + expansion packs that I have bought + paid for throughout the years. Anyway's, Sorry, getting off topic here.

~Yeah, I'm curious to what other objectives that could be added to thf to play in ffxi as well...~

{Edit}: Sorry, If you see anything grammar/Grammarly corrected, Its because I use grammerly.com/grammerly apps/Grammarly add-on's or extension's to correct or majorly help in my writings in the correct ways with a little-added decisions in my judgements of its presented corrections with its descriptions as to why its intended or needs to be fixed/changed of its pop out suggestion boxes. Just thought I would put a note to that's what it is I'm using to write better with posting something. After all in the past on here, I've been pounded for my ways I have written before...
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 07-27-2016 at 07:03 PM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    LOL, there ARE these things to let you know TH has proc'd. There is an audible alert and a visual alert (looks like an en-light hit), both of which ARE shared with other abilities so missing them is understandable. Your chatlog should also let you know when TH hits, though I see the problem with this as well, since chat mid-battle rolls by very fast. Im not offering these as a solution, its just in response to the above post.
    (0)

Player
    It's besides the point, you don't have to "proc" it in any way, simply putting your TH gear on and casting dia or throwing a boomerang is enough, even if you miss.
    (0)

Bastok, ARIZONA, Cloud 9, Imagination Land
    Character
    Phioness
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Suggestions for Thief Going Forward

I. Problem/Fix: Bully needs recast time reduced to 2 minutes so Sneak Attack connects more often while in battle.

Instances in which problems occur:
    With monsters shifting, spawning moving , moving because enmity cap/shift, or facing one direction, but due to slow communication between server/my computer (i'm paying out the wazoo for fast speed) they are actually moving/facing another direction etc = my Sneak Attack does not connect.

II. Master Thief and Chests. If your a Master Thief why do you need to carry keys like every other Adventurer with access to a moogle? Shouldn't Master Thieves have the abilities to obtain plunder easier then lets say: a lvl 1 adventurer (a mule) with coffer keys and Silent Oils and Prism Powders. Thief's Tools/Skeleton Keys/Living Keys have become useless tools for a job that used to specialize in opening chest.

We are "Master Thieves!" a key item quested from the lets say Nanaa Mihgo once Master Thief has been obtained that lets us open all chests in all zones with no combinations , dial up/down carry stacks of Forbidden Keys etc.... Whats the point being an awesome thief if we can't live up to the title of "Master" when dealing something we are associated with: TREASURE HUNTER!

III. Also with Master Thief and TH14 gear (yes all pieces) Sneak Attack / Trick Attack / Feint all activated and meeting the conditions to land, and let us be able to proc TH14 from the get-go. This one would be awesome, and allow Thief's Treasure Hunter to Shine as it is supposed to.
    (0)

Player
    Not sure what you are asking for w/ #3. If you are asking for an immediate 100% proc that maxes out TH on the current target, well.. that's simply not going to happen based on what devs have said in the past about TH and TH gear. Devs actually want us to be fulltiming TH gear. :/

I'd be ecstatic if the TH proc system could be adjusted to actually >increase< proc rate when your current total TH was greater than the current proc, perhaps even affected by how much higher your current TH is than current proc. This would significantly increase the value of TH gear and give us a reason to aim for greater-than-TH13, which we have absolutely zero reason to right now (again based on what devs have said about how TH works.) This seems like it might be a bit of a larger project dev-wise, so I don't actually expect to ever see it happen though...

I think it would be reasonable to adjust the TH proc rate Gifts to apply to final rate rather than base rate. As is, the base proc rate is pretty miserable even when gear capped, and Gifts only make it very-slightly-less miserable. A job master THF with total TH13+ should be able to proc TH14 w/in ~3min IMO. Very little content where TH is relevant tends to survive much longer than that, which means our TH cap raising gifts almost never come into play as is.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Is there still room in the Thief library of abilities to add in a job ability that when used will 100% add an increase to the effect of TH?
    For example:
    /ja "Subtle Thievery" :: Increases effect of Treasure Hunter on target by 1, not to exceed the level of Treasure Hunter trait by person inflicting the hit, which must cause damage to the target in order to apply. Recast: 15min.
    Is something like this a possibility?
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzspdref View Post
    Is there still room in the Thief library of abilities to add in a job ability that when used will 100% add an increase to the effect of TH?
    For example:
    /ja "Subtle Thievery" :: Increases effect of Treasure Hunter on target by 1, not to exceed the level of Treasure Hunter trait by person inflicting the hit, which must cause damage to the target in order to apply. Recast: 15min.
    Is something like this a possibility?
    Not likely that there's room, and don't want that anyway. It's bad. ._.;;

Adjusting proc rate upwards would be far more desirable and doable.
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Bastok, ARIZONA, Cloud 9, Imagination Land
    Character
    Phioness
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Job Adjustment 'Ideas' Part II

Sneak Attack & Trick Attack Recast timers
    Reduce to 40 seconds with merits reducing to 30’s makes a thief a more viable damage dealing job for engame content.

Sneak Attack & Trick Attack Proc Treasure Hunter more often
    also the Mythic Vajra’s enhancements to Sneak Attack V - Trick Attack V will increase the Proc Rate of Treasure Hunter.

While “Feint” is active Sneak Attack / Trick Attack proc is greatly increased
    Double its current value as the below example show’s how low it is now:

Examples of low proc rate of TH includes: 12 minutes of continuous attacking a Caturae Omen creature, only to reach TH11, utilizing multiple Max-Merit Feints, lvl 3 Vajra Aftermath for fastest attack rate possible, and SA / TA throughout battle.

Make the Vajra a `more` viable (Augments have been GREAT for damage & accuracy thank you Square Enix) endgame dagger by giving it a Treasure Hunter Bonus of Sorts, the Sneak Attack V - Trick Attack V bonuses are less viable to this Thief Specific Job Ability Dagger for damage versus the damage output of Aeonic / Empyrean Daggers.

Accomplice shortened from 5 to 2 minutes
    Many thieves don’t macro/utilize this at all (making it next to worthless) due to Collaborator being on a timer of 1 minute.

Collaborator
    I actually use this ability quite often and enjoy its utility with party enmity management, shorten it to 30 seconds to make thief a more viable and engaging party job.

Accomplice and Collaborator enmity can be transferred to tank via Trick Attack
    When either abilities are used the enmity stolen becomes a buff that wears upon transfer/30 second timer if not used.
    This is a Christmas wish ( like a bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken ) but would make thief a more party-centric job in helping control enmity ( By the way KFC Original Recipe is Ambrosia in my book lol )

Mug / Despoil / Steal Shorten from 5 to 3 minutes
    With the fast pace of today’s current game, and hordes of gil we make using other means, the loot/buffs/debuffs garnered from these abilities needs to be made viable for current gameplay/pace.

Adjust Gilfinder Amount by a multiple of 3 to 5
    Make farming beastmen for gil more viable/enjoyable for thief

Flee Recast timer to 3 minutes
    We have been running around Vanadiel for centuries (in Vanadiel time) our legs are strong as a King Behemoth’s we need to move faster more often.
    (1)

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast