Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    As far as i know, there have been no significant tests regarding steal rate, however I do believe it will vary based on the mob... so it'll be hard.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Blah View Post
    Ok I guess I'll put it here since this is as likely where I may get an answer. Does any1 know the, ah...hmmm base value of steal? I know it isn't erm...calculated the same as treasure hunter because at least that is documented and calculable (or is it calculatable?) But as far as I see...without any steal gear...it's...zero?
    It's definitely not zero when using no steal gear. If anything. it seems to be based on your thf level vs the target's level.
    (1)

Yeah but if that's the case it shouldn't have taken Olor 30+ times to steal that Quadav stew, unless you were trying from the wrong mobs, Bronze Quadav is the one I usually successfully steal from Olor. At any rate there should be a better way to calculate it because if we go by the websites *rolls eyes* be higher than the mob, stand behind them/ lower their health a bit 1st and voila successful.
    (0)
    Last edited by Blah; 03-28-2014 at 11:06 AM. Reason: more more more
    Please do not post if you are drunk, high or madly delirious from lack of sleep...HEY WHERE'S EVERYONE???

Most if not akl speculation would be unfounded, or placebo effects at work, unfortunately.

There is simply no tests on steal, considering in all likeliness the item stolen, and the mob, and your level all could play a part in it, so even if you go out and steal from the same mob 1000 times for a solid sample, it'll likely be different and moot for any other mob, which is why no ones bothered to try and build a reasonable formula for steal rate.

It would be a near impossible task, not entirely because of a 5 minute recast, and for such little payoff, its not worth the time of effort. Best advice is to equip your steal+ gear, for whatever little effect it may have.

So more or less, no ones tested it cause no one cares. Stealing items has never been worth a squat, and it usually takes no more than a handful of attempts for quest items (Test or AF stew stuff), so just equip your steal+ gear (WhichisprobablyasplaceboasTH+) and have at it.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Most if not akl speculation would be unfounded, or placebo effects at work, unfortunately.

There is simply no tests on steal, considering in all likeliness the item stolen, and the mob, and your level all could play a part in it, so even if you go out and steal from the same mob 1000 times for a solid sample, it'll likely be different and moot for any other mob, which is why no ones bothered to try and build a reasonable formula for steal rate.

It would be a near impossible task, not entirely because of a 5 minute recast, and for such little payoff, its not worth the time of effort. Best advice is to equip your steal+ gear, for whatever little effect it may have.

So more or less, no ones tested it cause no one cares. Stealing items has never been worth a squat, and it usually takes no more than a handful of attempts for quest items (Test or AF stew stuff), so just equip your steal+ gear (WhichisprobablyasplaceboasTH+) and have at it.
    And if it really is just that random they need to fix that too. And don't say no one cares because when they do have you stealing to complete a quest or, as I understand it for endgame stuff, stealing to gain enmity or auras, it IS important and should be calculated much more reliably.
    (1)
    Please do not post if you are drunk, high or madly delirious from lack of sleep...HEY WHERE'S EVERYONE???

Yah, But, I would probably cry if a THF update came and it was on steal %.

Anywho, new Weapons/shield/etc Job specific stuff being added soon. I'm just going to sit my guess here and suspect the THF weapon will have glorious amounts of AGI, Evasion, and Probably Treasure Hunter. Cause if it was useful FFXI would collapse in itself and die. Double so if the item has TH on it.
    (3)

I hate when I'm right.

Anyone wanna guess the stats?

new Weapons/shield/etc Job specific stuff being added soon. I'm just going to sit my guess here and suspect the THF weapon will have glorious amounts of AGI, Evasion, and Probably Treasure Hunter.
    Actual Translation"

"Dmg:102, Delay:200, AGI+10, Evasion+22, Dagger/Parrying Skill+242, M.Acc skill+188, Enmity-10, WSD+5%, TH+1"

I can't believe my sarcastically narcissistic "Worst case scenario" spitball of this new "mythic equivalent" (their words on the page i got the picture from) weapon was 100% spot on. I literally just sh*t out the worst possible combination of stats i could think of off the top of my head, and I was dead on. Its literally as useless as they could possibly make it, less we forget WSD+ has never worked in the offhand outside of Magian weapons, so the stat may as well not exist.

I'd like to say more, but nothing really needs to be said. I want to look at the positives, but I'm blinded by the utter disappointment of 2 years of "please remove Thief's knife" and what do they do? give as another Thief knife. Absolutely heartrendingly astonishing.
    (7)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 04-03-2014 at 05:15 PM.

Character
    Ladyofhonor
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    At least the good news is that enmity-10 and WSD+5% is pretty solid.
    (0)

It is, its a redeeming quality, the WSD+5% anyway. Hopefully it'll work offhand, while not making it a solid offhand for anything but TH, it'll be a nice offhand if/when we're asked to use it.
    (1)

to be fair though, almost all ilv daggers have evasion on them
    (0)

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast