Vedabe
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 69
    Quote Originally Posted by katoplepa View Post
    I choose XI because there is not PvP

PvP = WoW
    dude even thoug i hate WOW, you gotta admit pvp from WOW is just brilliant, you could spend countless hours playing. XD
    (0)

Character
    Pandamiko
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 91
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedabe View Post
    dude even thoug i hate WOW, you gotta admit pvp from WOW is just brilliant, you could spend countless hours playing. XD
    WoW PvP IS brilliant. It blinds players to the huge plot holes and lack of real content.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Aht Urghan Whitegate has multiple sets of arena doors for a pvP system that was never implimented.
    It should be made clear that it's not actually known what the other Colosseum area was supposed to be for. They never really said anything about it. Many people assumed it would be a duel area because of the extremely tiny area (same size as 1 of the four blocks of The Pit) but that was only speculation.
    (0)

Character
    Pandamiko
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 91
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    It should be made clear that it's not actually known what the other Colosseum area was supposed to be for. They never really said anything about it. Many people assumed it would be a duel area because of the extremely tiny area (same size as 1 of the four blocks of The Pit) but that was only speculation.
    That is not true. It was originally announced as a PvP arena in the early notes. This was one of many features SE announced, but never followed-through with.
    (0)

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Laraul View Post
    PvP requires team based play. Most people seem to treat it as one on one... and it doesn't work that way since the player position is determined client side. An enemy monster will stay in one location when engaging you. A PC will not. If you are a melee type job, your opponent simply needs to get as close to you as possible then constantly move out your line of sight, giving you a lot of "can not see PLAYER" messages...

There is Pankration or w/e it's named... and ballista and brenner both work well. The problem is players don't get any reward for winning.
    I don't even know where to begin, obviously you haven't played PvP in this game before.

I have no problem smacking anyone on my Dark Knight whether its Greatsword, Scythe, Sword and Shield, or the occasional Onion Knife for Aelioan Edge Lulz kills.
    (0)

Character
    Dromulla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Goto WOW is you want to pvp this game will never be pvp but in bg's aka Ballista
    (0)

Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I wanted to get some feedback on the >PvP concept< I'm currently proposing to SE through my Thread, >"The FFXI Gyms of Vana'diel"<.
    I believe the root of the PvP problem, in my opinion, is very similar to some of the many other issues that SE had to address in FFXI like gear stats, weapon stats, and even exp. It all comes down to having the "choice" to build your own kind preferred experience. There's dozens of ways that PvP can be done, and there truly shouldn't be one set way to enjoy such a vastly diverse game mode. Ballista is just one version of PvP that should be accompanied by a number of other options in which to partake in PvP, so I don't really scorn it as much as just say, "meh, it's not for me".
    In any case, my suggestions on the topic are just that, suggestions, and I would love any feedback. I'm proposing PvP that has "Choice" on how players wish to enjoy it. Bare bones PvP, Balanced fair PvP, and PvP with enhanced stats. SE, I'm sure, can see the overwhelming response to this thread, and would want to hear feedback on what they can do to realistically implement different options. ^^/
    (0)
    Last edited by kingfury; 03-22-2011 at 11:18 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    That is not true. It was originally announced as a PvP arena in the early notes. This was one of many features SE announced, but never followed-through with.
    You're going to have to source that or it didn't happen.

Goto WOW is you want to pvp this game will never be pvp but in bg's aka Ballista
    Most immature and uneducated response ever. Playing PvP does not mean we want to play WoW. We don't. WoW sucks. We want PvP in a closed arena, with FFXI combat. Oh wait, we have that. Now, they can polish it so it's more fun and accessible! Imagine that.

Obviously you've never done it, becaouse ballista is nothing like PvP in WoW.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 03-23-2011 at 12:54 AM.

Character
    Morgantis
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    Every game I played has PVP ... including this. Brenner and ballista dont seem to be common anymore. In order to make it fair play and incorperate into this game better (not saying im right or wrong). Why not introduce a zone based sorta like we have not with Gelsba's pvp area but do it on a scale of this. Introduce it to the collusiem zone. Where you can go or stay away from(Alot of Mmorgs have arena based PVP) to incoperate people who dont like or like it. Have it where you can go in do party alliance or party and not hit them and a free for all zone. Incoperating points and items whould give people more insperation into wanting to go this. You could have a entrance free safe zone at the begining (sorta like abby has). I see it like this .... Why should I have to play another game when I play this. Espeicaly since FFXI does have a sytem it just isnt used much if at all anymore. I would still reomend using the idea of penalizing people who swap gear in the middle of fighting. Also another idea is to give points for Ko'ing people that can be turned into items. This would offer people insperation to go as for now trhere isnt much other than "fun". I would love to see SE change this. Mutiple aspects could be incoperated in it also u can thow monsters in there that attack people also at same time. Single team or a free for all area.
    (0)

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgantisthedon View Post
    Every game I played has PVP ... including this. Brenner and ballista dont seem to be common anymore. In order to make it fair play and incorperate into this game better (not saying im right or wrong). Why not introduce a zone based sorta like we have not with Gelsba's pvp area but do it on a scale of this.

Introduce it to the collusiem zone. Where you can go or stay away from(Alot of Mmorpgs have arena based PVP) to incoperate people who dont like or like it. Have it where you can go in do party alliance or party and not hit them and a free for all zone. Incoperating points and items whould give people more insperation into wanting to go this. You could have a entrance free safe zone at the begining (sorta like abby has).

I see it like this .... Why should I have to play another game when I play this. Espeicaly since FFXI does have a sytem it just isnt used much if at all anymore. I would still reomend using the idea of penalizing people who swap gear in the middle of fighting. Also another idea is to give points for Ko'ing people that can be turned into items. This would offer people insperation to go as for now trhere isnt much other than "fun".

I would love to see SE change this. Mutiple aspects could be incoperated in it also u can thow monsters in there that attack people also at same time. Single team or a free for all area.

I had to fix it, I am sorry.

Or at least, ...try.
    (0)

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast