Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: PVP!

Character
    Harukusan
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    This topic is falling behind... It shouldn't.

I want Ballista back! Let's make this happen!
    (0)
    My opinion on the FFXI forums and all the great ideas which come out of it:
    http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/103374/mr-derp

Player
    new pvp options would be nice...

maybe something less restrictive with gear swaps...
    (0)

Character
    Zumi
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Open world PVP yes please.

SE needs to think outside the box and something like this would add some spark and a great deal of fun in the game.
    (0)

Character
    Rikuku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 4
    PVP needs a total rework
    (0)

Character
    Harukusan
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    Open world PVP yes please.

SE needs to think outside the box and something like this would add some spark and a great deal of fun in the game.
    Open world PvP is not innovative, it's available in many other MMORPGs and it sucks. It will tear this game apart if they didn't include the option to deny duels or whatever.

Also, every other aspect of this game is already "PvP." PvP is the act of competing against other players, you'll see this a lot when camping NMs, lotting treasure against one another, etc. Those versions of PvP SUCK. I don't know if you haven't noticed this by now. What I want is to be able to take up my axe to them and chop them in half (at their convenience of course).
    (0)
    Last edited by Harukusan; 03-30-2011 at 03:38 AM.
    My opinion on the FFXI forums and all the great ideas which come out of it:
    http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/103374/mr-derp

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Shameless bump.

A simply. Shameless bump.
    (1)

Character
    Linny
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I don't know if someone propose that, and if you find this a good Idea, but why not a dead continent without a way to set HomePoint there, only accessible by Pirate's ship and free pvp.

When you're this land, you'll have a signet (like Abyssea) and you have to survive. This signet grant you free RR. Death remove your total TimeBalance (TB) down, and when your TB < 0 you're send to you're home. Maybe you have to defeat some people before a defined time, or you'll send back home maybe, or lose time in you TB. Log on/off should'nt erase your timer, and /check should show it, with your current statistic.

The reward will be in the 1st time to be the one with the longest timer. For others rewards it could be gain by using your TB.

Develop more things in this country will make this like an expansion, and I'm not sure FFXI players wish to have a pvp expansion.

How include this country on Vanadiel? A new race of Beastman who don't make difference between beastmen & the 5 races. An Emperor, a Secret Socity who want to test his new cylon's army, an alien's invasion?
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Any PvP is fine and cool, just as long as it's isolated. I have fun beating up my friends, but I don't want to disrupt anyone who doesn't want to participate.

This is why I tried to make an event out of it with player event support, but the form doesn't work...
    (0)

Really, we don't need a big PVP system added. One thing would make people alot more happy with the current PVP system in place. GET. RID. OF. POSTENS. IN. BRENNER. Or at least give us the options to play without them. Have the stands there that you have to take over to gain points, but get rid of the postens running around raping people.

"I'm gonna kill you!" "Oh no you're not! I'm going to run to my posten!" Fail.
    (0)
    Teh most famous/infamous Taru on Carbuncle!

Miiyo Taru | Sargantanas Final Fantasy X|V

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I think part of the idea with that was to make brenner sort of like one of the WoW battlegrounds (e.g. a super simplified alterac valley) the thing is, people only go into the brenner area to duel without having to spend ballista points to reserve the diorama-ghelsba. Thus, they only get in the way. (Aside from that, it's hard enough to bust open the flammen brenner without having to kill the posten first- but at lv90, the postens are still 75 and they're really just free TP)
    (0)

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 LastLast