Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: PVP!

Character
    Dauntless
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 90
    We're not asking for people to be forced to pvp, we're simply asking that it be made simpler for people who want to.
    (0)
    RIP Shadowix 75 DRG-WAR-DRK

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    And please remember that we aren't necessairly looking for something new. We just want what's there to be fixed up some, and possibly offer some better incentives for "on the fence" people to participate.

(And as you did mention, I also like how ballista can be used to see how things would work when used against a monster, where you cant normally see the status effects and such affecting it.)
    I can agree with that part. The main thrust of that part of my post was towards those who want to be able challenge someone in the middle of a zone, or conditions such as that. I saw one post that wants to be able to challenge anyone to a duel, and that person would have to take the time to turn it down..... irritating.....

Increased rewards/better rewards would probablysatisfy the majority of those on this thread..
    (0)
    "I refuse to be limited by conventional thinking."

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Dauntless View Post
    We're not asking for people to be forced to pvp, we're simply asking that it be made simpler for people who want to.
    I can live with, and fully support, that. /bow
    (0)
    "I refuse to be limited by conventional thinking."

Character
    Harukusan
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    How about we just bring the incentive to play Ballista back? Don't get me wrong, I will definitely play just for fun, but so many people these days feel they need a physical reward of some type. To those people: they wouldn't last a minute, so screw them. Let's join serious players who want to have fun for a change in an old fashioned Ballista match. The rest of the game bores me to death and I wan't to stab myself in the face every moment I'm logged in because I'm not doing anything interesting. And Ballista is something that strikes my interest.

There is nothing wrong with what Ballista is at the moment, people who don't like it or don't participate will more than likely not participate regardless what changes might be made. The ONLY thing I ask is that Ballista, or general combatant PvP, be made more readily available to people who have interest in it. I've lost many friends because the only reason they kept playing was for Ballista, and since it lost it's popularity, there's been no incentive for them to stick around. Not to mention the fact that opening Diorama requires Ballista points, which are impossible to build up now. And Brenner with it's "official match" schedules blocking people from easily reserving the area just to have fun sparring or playing the actual game. Diorama needs to be more easily accessible, and Brenner needs to drop the set schedules. These are the only things holding me back from participating. I hope that this is the same case for most of you who have posted here.

Keep in mind, if you're against PvP in general, this isn't your thread. Many of us want Ballista and the like to receive an upgrade that allows us to play more often. Like I said, many people have quit because they couldn't play Ballista anymore.
    (0)

One of the main things that attracted me to FFXI was the non pvp environment. I certainly hope that never changes.
    (0)

Character
    Amanie
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    add suggestion on how to bring ppl to ballista. ive mentioned "atma", gear, game modes, good xp, using ballista points for cool stuff like 1free skill lvl.

what ever it takes to bring ballista back and keep it going. the thrill of playing against a skilled player is addicting(as long as that skilled player isnt a BLU).
    picking on the newbies can be fun too.

nothing tops the rush you get when you put an "elite" player to shame
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanie View Post
    add suggestion on how to bring ppl to ballista. ive mentioned "atma", gear, game modes, good xp, using ballista points for cool stuff like 1free skill lvl.

what ever it takes to bring ballista back and keep it going. the thrill of playing against a skilled player is addicting(as long as that skilled player isnt a BLU).
    picking on the newbies can be fun too.

nothing tops the rush you get when you put an "elite" player to shame
    Implement a traker so that new players are always playing with/getting pwned by vetern. Meaning, play with someone of a similar "win level."
    (0)

Character
    Amanie
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    like if you get mvp temp key item you get the GM aura effect so ppl know you shouldnt be messed with!!

or you if you get like a kill streak going something like that happens
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I saw one post that wants to be able to challenge anyone to a duel, and that person would have to take the time to turn it down..... irritating.....
    Without saying I want this, if they added something like a duel system, they would probably give you the option to block duel requests.
    (0)

Character
    Pandamiko
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 91
    Aht Urghan Whitegate has multiple sets of arena doors for a pvP system that was never implimented. I think that, should they add a PvP system, it would have to include some kind of gear reward system as an incentive to do that over PvE. Perhaps players could accumulate points toward PvP-exclusive gear. This gear could rival certain piece of high-end gear currently available. SE could also make the points redeemable for random AF 3 seals.

Arena battles could range from 1-vs-1, 6-vs-6, and alliance; one-shot and round robbin tournament play. They could also reinstate the cross-server PvP match ups they used to hold for top teams and soloists across every server. This would reduce congestion in Abyssea, probably.
    (0)

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast