Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Twille
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

Excited for the December Update!!!

This looks to be a fantastic update! SOO many different things that I've personally been hoping for.

Adjustments to the number of players required to enter Salvage/Meeble Burrows/Assault
    I'm very excited at the chance to be able to work towards getting my Captain rank, without needing to beg for people to fill the entry requirement. Also, easing Salvage entry opens the door for more Alex farming, which I'm sure will make many other people happy as well.

Add system that allows you to move between home points
    I will never complain about more options for getting from point A to point B, thank you.

Increase player movement speed
    This is music to my ears! "Running" at what usually felt like a snail's pace was rather bothersome at times. I'm really glad to see this!

Make changes so that all jobs can use Wide Scan
    I can't count the number of times I've wished for this over the years!

Enable trading of other seals for Sacred Kindred’s crests
    Thank you!

It's been quite some time since I've been so excited about FF11!
    (18)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

Quote Originally Posted by FaeQueenCory View Post
    Sorry for the language...... but having those 25SKCs with 50 crap seals in the new freebie thing..... made me really worried that the trade table wasn't gonna happen in the DEC update... TTUTT
    They did mention adding that “quite some time ago”. I guess it could have just not happened just as well. xd

But yeah, there's quite a bunch of neat stuff here, even the first(?) mention of the Eminence Records here, which was mentioned at least a month ago (if memory serves me right) on the Japanese side.

I'm not sure how much of this will actually affect me. Voidwatch thingy, maybe, and the movement speed increase, definitely. For that I likely lost all hope for æons ago; I seriously did not see that happening, but hey, I guess everything is possible. ^^;

However, all the nice things nowadays do make me think a lot about too little too late...
    (1)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Holy frijoles. November's version update was outstanding, and now we're getting ANOTHER outstanding update a month later?

Monstrosity's already getting birds; solo salvage/assault; movement speed increase (!); FFXIV and Dragon Quest tie-ins with cutscenes (!); warping between home points (!); battling with famous NPCs (!); wide scan for everyone (!). Six things that are majorly exciting to me, and 5 of those were completely unexpected and unannounced. And then all kinds of other goodies. If only FFXIV could get some good updates (the game's been out since August and not one significant update; FFXI's had like 3 since then). I barely touch it anymore with all the awesome stuff going on in XI.

Dragoy, "too little too late" suggests that there's too little, but it feels like all of our wildest FFXI dreams are coming true. I'm not even kidding; I think I'd be stupid not to expect Cait Sith and Atomos within the next 6 months at this rate (at this point, they may even whip those guys out in January).
    (1)

FFXI is the best!!
    (2)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    They did mention adding that “quite some time ago”. I guess it could have just not happened just as well. xd
    It was the random 25 SKCs (when all other seals are 50x) in the latest freebie thing that made me a little worried that it wasn't gonna happen in the DEC update...

PLUS not having the trade table update in the same update where you add MORE SKC BCNMs to upgrade from 109==>119..... the reason why it didn't happen in the 109AF update is because "didn't want everyone doing the BCNMs".... that same logic could apply to the 119 BCNMs... so... uncertainty.
    (0)

Character
    Laide
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Good:
    1. Adding items to let pet jobs have lvl 119 pets
    2. SKC trading option (which should have been day 1 when implemented...)
    3. Widescan (however limited range we get)
    4. Movement speed change

Bad:
    Again no mention of Cait Sith or Atomos summon status
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Edyth View Post
    Monstrosity's already getting birds
    WAT!!?? WER DID U C DIS?

(1)
    Tanama - Monstrosity Enthusiast

Player
    I am intrigued.
    (0)
    Tanama - Monstrosity Enthusiast

Player
    Also adding Slimes from DQ and a Bunny thing from FFXIV to Monstrosity in the update apparently! And hopefully the Bird thing was just an error, and its supposed to be all 3, because, Slimes will be Amorphs I am sure, and if we get Birds, but not Amorphs except 1 race, that will be a bit weird, so maybe we can get all 3 this update after all!
    (0)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Meh, interesting changes, I guess. As far as I am concerned the best years of any MMORPG is it's older years rather than it's prime years. This is an example of that belief, as developers tend to make changes they normally wouldn't as I guess a way to reward the customers that stuck around rather than leave. There's been a lot of examples really over the past few years for FFXI. It's just a shame it's been tainted by other things done. There's a reason why I chose to play other games, and I hate it.
    (3)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast