Results -9 to 0 of 13

Threaded View

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Not really sure I get your reasoning. I'm going to start with the idea that this is a competent smn that starts bp in capped -bp timer and ends in whatever is best for that bp. I mean you are doing it with the staff for magical bps at the very least anyways. Your argument is inventory slots... which isn't the best of arguments but is not completely without merit so let's explore that. It takes 3 slots to cap -bp without staff and 2 with. So for bping it saves you 1 peice of gear. Then lets look at perp cost. Takes 3 slots to cap that without trial staff and with trial staff the same. Both can do it in 2 for carbuncle and and this is while maintaining max refresh gear. So having a trial staff will save us 1 other peices of gear in other slots which sounds great except each staff only works on 1 element so unless you plan on using less than 2 avatars you aren't saving anything. And if you use more you are actually using more inventory slots.

All you've really accomplished is slightly less gear swapping during the bp at what is most likely at the cost of invent space and alot of time spent making them if you haven't already. Of course it increase the amount of swaps you might do when you are smning more than one element in any given event. Which happens for buffs. I guess if you don't like doing big gear swaps I guess it's for you but not sure I'd declare them best when you can get the same functionality other ways. The whm cure arugment is different because other stats found in every slot that are very important at the same time that cure pot is important. Also Chat/light staff will beat it when you can get day and/or weather. While bp timer is only thing important while it is important and it wont effect your perp cost gearing
    (2)
    Last edited by dasva; 12-12-2013 at 02:04 PM.