Character
    Syllna
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Job Trait: Occult Magica

Due to the griping about giving BLM Auto Refresh, I gave this some thought:

Job Trait: Occult Magica (BLM level 95/99, or unlocked via the new Merit system they will introduce)

Description: Converts a percentage of damage dealt on a direct-damage Elemental Magic or Dark Magic spell to MP.

Given the fact that Occult Acumen is an utter waste of a job trait, this one will fully benefit BLM. If it was a straight trait without the need to merit it, a straight 5% MP restore would be nice, if it was one of the new merits, start it off at a 1% MP restore with a max boost of 5%.

Example: X spell lands unresisted for 2258 points of damage, 5% restored is 113mp (112 since SE likes to round down)

This alone would help manage our mp to an extend without completely breaking the game, especially outside of Abyssea.

Thoughts? (straight thoughts please and inb4 encouraging overnuking)

P.S.: Enmity Douse should not be a 10 minute cool-down....
    (0)

Player
    emnity douse shoud stay at 10 minutes cooldown.
    your first idea: got my vote.
    (0)

It's not a bad idea, but rather then be a trait it could be a JA with a 2 min recast perhaps. If that became a trait it would outshine the -MP cost that Dark Arts gives and would offset game balance inside of abyssea where you're nuking 6-7k (if you're decently geared), making spells almost free. Truth be told though, MP really isn't an issue with the possibility of 7 MP per tick soley from gear, 3 ticks added onto that with refresh, and convert. Not to mention Aspir and Aspir II (If the mobs can be aspired). The BLMs of this time just need to learn better mp management and for gods sake invest in a real MP rec. while healing build. I'm so tired of seeing BLMs rest in only a Pluto's Staff and an Errant Body.
    (0)

Character
    Bepe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    If only I had the inventory to space to hold my full resting set on my blm or sch anymore. I have to put half of it in my satchel or sack just to make room for my other gear ; ;
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    So WHM's trousers in a job ability/trait?

Should'a just put it on their EA+2 suit like WHM.
    (0)