Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

Gungnir interfers with Angon.

Gungnir ilvl119 testing:

Base Defense: 398
    Defense after Gungnir proc: 323
    Defense after Angon 5/5(w/AF2+2 hands): 298
    Gungnir's Defense Down still overwrites Angon's; they don't stack.

Angon's Def down seems to be 18% defense down completely overwrites and interferes with Angon's 25% defense down which is a more potent and longer lasting defense down. Please increase Gungnir's defense down to match or surpass Angon's effects or allow the two to coexist. From a tactical standpoint, Gungnir actually decreases the alliance's DPS because the alliance would benefit more from having the DRG use Angon and NOT have the Angon effect replaced by a weaker effect every time. So in otherwords, Gungnir actually weakens Dragoons rather than makes them stand out amongst other Dragoons. The occasional double damage does not proc on Jumps but yet ranged relic weapons occasional double damage procs on Barrage. Please address Gungnir by allowing Angon and Gungnir's Defense Down to exist together just how Excalibur was addressed to allow Enlight and Excalibur's: "Additional Effect: Damage Proportionate to HP" coexist.

My last grievance is that the Shock Spikes aftermath is still subpar and the issue with it remains: I kept up aftermath for a good 10minutes while Level 100-103 mobs were attacking me(Fluffy Sheep/Belaboring Wasps) and Shock Spikes dealt 19 damage every time. The proc rate of the Geirskogul aftermath Shock Spikes was 1/70. I was hoping with the relic updates the developers would address the fundamental issue with some of the procs and aftermaths with relics but all they did was increase the base damage and add 119 skill for all of them with the only noteworthy adjustments being Excalibur, Nirvana and the mage staves/clubs.
    (6)
    Last edited by Ophannus; 11-26-2013 at 09:38 AM.

Player
    Inb4 'shoulda made ryuno" >.>
    (1)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Inb4 'shoulda made ryuno" >.>
    Trollololol.

All I can say about this is.... well... still better than Claustrum.
    >_>

Though I think the aftermath/glow of the shockspikes being super shit... is because the base spell is super shit to begin with.......... (Ice Spikes is still the best spikes... cause while stun is great... the stun proc from Shock Spikes NEVER happens... and lasts all of 2s... so even when it DOES happen.... it doesn't actually do what it was intended to do: prevent attacks.... which the paralyzation from the Ice Spikes actually acts the way Shock Spikes was probably intended to act.)

On the good news, however... I do recall Matsui referencing the desire to split the -DEF of Angon and Gungir... buuuuuut..... I guess that never happened?
    <_<
    Or maybe it's just chillin with Cait Sith...

Fixing it poses a slight dilemma from a technical standpoint... but it's not THAT big of a deal... Just would have to make Gungir have a unique enfeeble effect...
    If it's still happening... I'd expect it to happen after Adoulin is 100%.
    Maybe before then... but chances are after.

And fixing the spike effect is really simple: increase the duration of the stun proc to more than .00001s.
    5s maybe?
    Then maybe the spell and Gungir's aftermath/glow might be decent enough to be useable.
    (0)

Player
    Should just make Angon a unique effect similar to how Feint and Tomahawk are. Could even weaken Angon a bit if it means letting it stack with 'Defense Down'. I'd be happy if Angon was 15-20% defense down if it meant it was a unique status(letting us then stack it with another defense down means more cumulative total defense down on a single target), or can even add a Critical Defense Down component to it as well. Similar to how Plague reduces both MP and TP per tick, 'Angon' status effect could be -15% Defense/15% Critical Defense(crits do +15% more dmg, opposite of Critical Attack Bonus). Or even make it like Feint; -50-75% defense down that diminishes over 30-45seconds. More potent but less duration. Just something to make it slightly different from 'Defense Down' so it can be a unique status. (I doubt they'd make it a unique debuff unless they changed it somehow; then again I suppose Blind and Accuracy Down are identical, but Dia and Defense Down and Bio and Attack down are uniquely different).
    (1)
    Last edited by Ophannus; 11-28-2013 at 01:19 PM.

Player
    I'm going to go with the Angon thing chilling with the Cait Sith department. Something to be implemented after they have completed their highest priority tasks. Of course, new challenges arrive for the development team and then this change plus Cait Sith get put on the backburner, further delaying it.

EDIT: The angon change should have happened aeons ago. Cait Sith is a whole other issue.
    (0)
    Last edited by Tanama; 11-29-2013 at 04:06 AM.
    Tanama - Monstrosity Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by FaeQueenCory View Post
    Trollololol.

All I can say about this is.... well... still better than Claustrum.
    >_>
    Actually the ilevel Claustrum is the 2nd best BLM staff .
    (2)

Character
    Engelmond
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 17
    Ophannus I think you made a typo, sir. Check that first paragraph.

I'm at 70 Jades for this polearm, and I hope it does get fixed. 'Tis a weapon I always wanted from long, long ago!
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    From a tactical standpoint, Gungnir actually decreases the alliance's DPS because the alliance would benefit more from having the DRG use Angon and NOT have the Angon effect replaced by a weaker effect every time. So in otherwords, Gungnir actually weakens Dragoons rather than makes them stand out amongst other Dragoons.
    Use Upirex until angon is down, then swap to Gungnir until Angon is back up. This is how Gungnir DRGs provide more to an alliance than non-Gungnir DRGs.
    (0)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Actually the ilevel Claustrum is the 2nd best BLM staff .
    Hey I said "better THAN"... comparative!! ;p
    (also, Claustrum is 2nd? I disagree.... 1:Mythic, 2:Atinian+1, 3:Atinian, 4:115, 5:Hvergelmir, 6:Claustrum... The MAB and INT mods on the others beat out the... nothing Claustrum gives. And Hvergelmir>>>Claustrum because at least Hvergelmir gives MP... Claustrum might finally be not 100% vanity weapon... but it by no means second. It's just... 98% vanity now. especially now that you'll spend 1/100th of the cost for a Claustrum on an Atinian...)
    (0)

Hm I forgot about the MAB/int on those, Claustrum can give MP too if you unlock empy ws lol.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast