Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

Scholar's role in Delve.

I've been trying to get my obligatory Delve win so I can do the 300 Pluton quest to upgrade my Spharai. My Monk doesn't have Oatixurs, the item you get from Delve that you need to get into a party to take on Delve, so I can't use that. I've been getting in a few Delve shouts as White Mage, but the WHM role always seems to fill up pretty quickly. I have Bard, but leaders seem to lose interest when I tell them I can only do the standard 2 songs.

Scholars though... that always seems to be the role that takes the most time to fill. I'm thinking I should level Scholar. I have it at 50 right now (as WHM sub and also because a while back I decided I wanted all the AF sets). So maybe it's not a hugely difficult thing to get it up to 99.

So what do you guys do in Delve that makes you such a requirement? I don't really understand the job all that much, so I really have trouble understanding the indispensable and unique role it plays. I think I heard something about a quicker Stun? But there's also Enbrava, right?
    (2)

Character
    Quedari
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    SCH in delve is pretty much just for stuns. You need to have a good haste/fastcast set with Apamajas II and relic+2 feet (for using thunderstorm+alacrity). Building the gear set might be the easy part if you've never been a stunner before. Some of the moves you'll have to stun have a very short use time, so you've either got to be really fast or resort to less "legal" means. Most shout groups take 2 sch/blm I think? But I know of some sch that can solo stun with just their gear and marches. Embrava usually only gets used on the zone boss, if it even gets used at all. My group would have 1 sch use tabula rasa around 75% when both schs are low on stratagems, and that sch would solo stun with infinite stratagems (alacrity+thunderstorm) until tabula rasa wore off, then the other sch would use theirs.

Other jobs I've seen groups looking for on my server are COR, GEO, and RDM, so those might be options if SCH doesn't seem right for you.
    (1)
    Quedari: WHM BLM RDM SMN SCH BLU BRD RUN GEO
    Mykaell: BLM RDM WAR DNC WHM THF SCH RUN