Hybrid View

Character
    Priestt
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

Re Downloading expansions

I downloaded FFxi through a site and deleted a few of the expansions (Don't ask why please) I was wondering how could i re install them again?
    (0)

Character
    Kawar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by -Priest- View Post
    I downloaded FFxi through a site and deleted a few of the expansions (Don't ask why please) I was wondering how could i re install them again?
    I would need to know what site you got the expansions from for example steam.I know most of the sites you buy them from even se keep a record of you buying it.If you made an account with something like steam there should be a download history just check that and use that to re download it.It may come down to a clean install of the game but you will have the packs. also you can check on your computer where downloaded files go when you save them for everyone it is different it is where ever you saved it.If you can find the install file in the downloads or where ever you put it on your computer again just install from that.

but with out knowing the site you got it on or store i cant give you a better idea.but if you got it from the se store just log in and make a ticket and i think they can check for you but i am not sure sorry. I really hope i helped you.
    (1)

I am having a similar issue, i swapped XBOX HDD and had to format it to reinstall FFXI. After an install of FFXI Ulitmate Collection from disk (pre SOA) all of the expansions are highlighted except for SOA. I am unable to log in on the XBOX if i am in a SOA area due to not having the download, i checked the Square Enix Account Management site and it shows i still have SOA linked to my POL id. I also tried an earlier disk and had multiple expansions that didn't highlight.

Is this an issue on SE's side or do we need to fight our way through the maze that is known as SE Account Management webpage?
    (0)

Unless you have an Adoulin disc, you can't install it on an Xbox 360. The ultimate collection disc you have stopped at Abyssea, no Adoulin data is on the disc. FFXI only downloads and installs missing add-ons, not expansions. Expansions require a disc to install.

SE doesn't provide their own direct download for PC. You'd have to go to the provider of the download you originally did and have them reactivate it, or you need a friend with the data installed to copy the installation directory over to a flash drive or hard drive, so you can attach it to your system and copy over your current install directory. I keep my install backed up on a network hard drive for just that reason, because I only have to install the core game and then copy my backup over it. One file check later, I have the game recognizing all the expansions and working again. It also makes it faster to set a friend up that is new to the game, they don't have to do the humongous initial patch.

For an expansion to be lit in the list, it has to be BOTH, 1) installed and 2) registered to the account. Except for A Crystalline Prophecy, A Moogler Kupo d'Etat, A Shantotto Ascension, and Abyssea (ie. add-ons instead of expansions), registering an expansion does not install it. So if you haev it registered, but not the install disc, you can't use it. This is how it is intended to be. SE wants you to buy the install data for every platform you use. You can get around it by borrowing a disc from another user, as you don't need the latest disc to boot the game on Xbox, just to install the data.

Ultimate Abyssea Collection doesn't include Adoulin, so it won't light it up in the list. Ultimate Seekers Collection or a Seekers of Adoulin disc will provide the data, allowing it to light up if you have used the code on your account.

With PC and PS2, you can copy the files from another system that has it installed to add the expansion data to another system, even across regions. That can also be done to manually apply patches faster than they would download.
    (0)
    Last edited by bungiefanNA; 12-06-2013 at 07:05 AM.