Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

Pet Jobs and iLevel: 113 vs 119

I was wondering what are the dev plans concerning this.
    Currently pet jobs (I'll leave DRG out of this for a while, since pet for DRG has a much smaller relevance than it has for the other pet jobs) can get their pets up to iLevel 113, whereas in the majority of other slots, especially weapon one, you can equip gear up to level 119.
    Why is that? Why does our pet have to be lower level than us?

There are a few exceptions to this:
    • SMNs can get it to 115 if they have the 119 version of the Mythic weapon "Nirvana"
    • BST can get it higher with the right amount of merits, augmented AF2+2 hands and using some specific pets (which aren't particularly strong or practical to use atm)

When is this situation going to change? Can we expect new ranged items for SMN and PUP soon?
    (7)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    iirc, the delve jug pets cap at 115, just the same as a 119 Nirvana+dashavatara sachet SMN's avatars.

And also iirc, Matsui has mentioned looking into removing all level limits for pets (avatars, wyverns, and automatons don't have the same "i can only go to X level" that BST pets do).
    But it was just a tertiary thing when he said it... so unless he's just remaining silent... don't expect anything higher than a 115 pet for a good while now.

(and BST should really be happy about how friggen easy it is to get a 115 pet... SMN has to WORK just to get that 115... and poor PUPs... their Automatons are still stuck at 113!!)
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I disagree. There are only 4 pets we have that can even get that high and they are all kinda mediocre. smns should be happy that all their pets go to 115 or waste merits. I'd give anything to just have all jugs be 113 with just a peice of delve gear without hands or merits or augment or having to chose crap pets with low availability and then only get to 115 with mythic or relic or whatever. And I don't ever even plan on making an Aymur. Ah who cares about the ilvl of the pets anymore. 113 avatars can do more dmg in a single bp than the total dmg any jug can do over the course of 3 minutes
    (5)
    Last edited by dasva; 11-22-2013 at 11:49 AM.

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Yes. Because Nirvanas just fall from the sky and require no work whatsoever to do... and getting merits? Oh lordy is that hard! It sure does take years getting all those merits up to their maximum amount.

And you are totally right. A random fish or cricket should CLEARLY be able to out damage the living embodiment of an elemental force of the universe... of course rabbits should out damage gods. I mean... what kind of world would this be where gods are doing more damage than the random fauna of the universe.

And what's this about Avatars requiring MP to use these abilities? why... MP is infinite right? It's not like the only limit on said damaging abilities is a simple timer...
    (1)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Edit: ya know what I had some serious responses to that burst of patronizing sarcasm that made little to no sense but then I realized you must be joking and trolling me. Good job you almost got me. I shall completely agree with you in that avatars should be gods among pets making all others cower in fear and shame and that there bps shouldn't cost mp because heaven forbid they use refresh gear.
    (1)
    Last edited by dasva; 11-22-2013 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Because why bother in this situation

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhronne View Post
    When is this situation going to change? Can we expect new ranged items for SMN and PUP soon?
    This will most likely change when the next stage of delve comes out. Though when that will be idk. Kinda figured it would have happened decently before now considering until this most recent update it made it so only a few jobs could get ilvl 119 weapons while others couldn't. Though given lack of other options like 115 or crafted 117 items this leaves pet jobs kinda in the cold. Though altenator is kinda awesome anyways. Maybe they will come out when they release new jugs like they said they would to deal with the jug problem. But might be awhile right now they seem more concerned with creating sidegrades or step stones to the 119 gear for the jobs that already have it than remembering the jobs they left behind
    (0)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    +1'd to the OP. I definitely agree on this. If they are making it so that R/M/E will now upgrade to the highest possible item level as new gear is continually released. I personally believe the same effort should be extended to pet jobs in general. In order to easily have pet variety and balance at level 119 or whatever the new item level cap is at the time. If not a direct drop from somewhere then make it crafted with Delve materials. I'd be all for a 119 satchet, animator and more beastmaster pets given a higher cap. Regarding SMN, given how difficult a 119 Nirvana is to create, I don't see why SMN shouldn't have a 119 satchet and Nirvana push the avatar to 121. If any major retaliation from other pet jobs, make Aymur and Kenkonken do the same thing for pet levels.

SMN can do some nice spike damage with Astral Conduit but seriously about the only thing SMN is desirable for in current content in Wildskeeper Reives and that's already overrun with overkill. While you're at it, fix avatar melee damage. It's weird having a 113 avatar where I can deal more consistent melee damage with a lower level staff than my avatar.
    (3)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    I disagree. There are only 4 pets we have that can even get that high and they are all kinda mediocre. smns should be happy that all their pets go to 115 or waste merits. I'd give anything to just have all jugs be 113 with just a peice of delve gear without hands or merits or augment or having to chose crap pets with low availability and then only get to 115 with mythic or relic or whatever. And I don't ever even plan on making an Aymur. Ah who cares about the ilvl of the pets anymore. 113 avatars can do more dmg in a single bp than the total dmg any jug can do over the course of 3 minutes
    I'm not sure we should really take Mythic into account when we talk about what a job is capable of. Mythic, by it's nature, isn't a realistic goal for most people and should do something exceptional for those who are able to obtain it.
    (2)

Yeah, can you please make some cheaper jug pets that are useable in current content? It's really garbage to have to spend 30K or so a pop for a sort of okay pet with universally crappy ready moves.

I MEAN O WOW, SCISSORLEGS DID 150 DAMAGE AND IT WAS AOE. THAT IS BOSS.

(not)
    (2)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    I disagree.
    With what exactely do you disagree D:

There are only 4 pets we have that can even get that high and they are all kinda mediocre.
    Exactely, and the system in itself is pretty convoluted.

smns should be happy that all their pets go to 115
    I'm sure the 4 people in the world with ilevel 119 Nirvana will be very happy.
    Talking about "The SMNs" intending the whole category is a bit too much though

113 avatars can do more dmg in a single bp than the total dmg any jug can do over the course of 3 minutes
    Not sure this is a good way to compare things.
    Different fights require different stuff of course, but BST can still deal a quite large amount of damage himself, whereas the same cannot be said for SMN which has to rely 100% on their pets. BST can choose to, but it's just an option for them.
    Also, with the 45sec cap I feel SMN has still other things to be troubled about.

Either way, this is all a bit out of topic. The main concern of my thread is the general initial question about what do Devs intend to do to make pets scale up as content raise up and as player ilevel goes up?
    In my own view the pet level, no matter how it is achieved, should be the same as the player. Or if we want to talk about a difference, it should be small. 119-113 sounds a bit too much of a difference to me.
    (2)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast