Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kaeviathan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Rune Fencer Request.

Rune Fencer needs to have certain magic and abilities duration to last longer. The job consumes way to much time on buffing, and it becomes overwhelming when 2 to 3 buffs wears off simultaneously (Rune Fencers become very vulnerable, especially against mobs that will dispel all buffs like Kumhau). It also affects the Job's DoT.

Here are some of the job abilities and spells that needs consideration in increasing its duration:
    • Vallation
    • Valiance
    • Phalanx
    • Cocoon (It's a BLU spell, but really useful for RUN)
    • Refresh
    • Rune Enchantment (There's got to be a more efficient way in applying them, add new Rune Enchantments that gives 3 Runes simultaneously and increase the abilities' recast time to 30 seconds in exchange).

Also Lux provides no resistance for "Death", or is it designed that way?
    (2)
    Last edited by Kaeviathan; 11-19-2013 at 02:27 PM.

Character
    Tamarsamar
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeviathan View Post
    Rune Fencer needs to have certain magic and abilities duration to last longer. The job consumes way to much time on buffing, and it becomes overwhelming when 2 to 3 buffs wears off simultaneously (Rune Fencers become very vulnerable, especially against mobs that will dispel all buffs like Kumhau). It also affects the Job's DoT.
    You've clearly never played Red Mage.

(Pre-Composure, of course. Dear Altana I love that Composure is a thing now.)
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    I love back in 2006 when they said Mythics would be the casual-player's alternative to Relic weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armando
    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
    FFXI Official Forums in a nutshell:

Quote Originally Posted by saevel
    The stupid is strong here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeviathan View Post
    Also Lux provides no resistance for "Death", or is it designed that way?
    I'm fairly sure that Lux x3 + Pflug does.
    (1)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamarsamar View Post
    You've clearly never played Red Mage.

(Pre-Composure, of course. Dear Altana I love that Composure is a thing now.)
    Well part of the difference is rdms generally don't melee in serious settings along with the fact that RUN has periods where they will be down and can't be put up alot more often than spells. Especially with dispels. Basically RUN goes from being about as good as aegis against magic dmg to a specific element to as good as a drk when going against a dispeling mob
    (1)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I definitely agree with some of the OP. I agree that Rune Fencer (given the role it's supposed to have) could use less time on buffing. Barspell duration extension was nice, although..
    • I think Barrier as a Cocoon-type spell (3 mins like Phalanx) would be a nice addition and not overpowered.
    • I think that runes should not be expended for using Effusion, which would considerably cut down on re-applying runes if using them. The recast on them is so high that I don't see any potential abuse.
    • Where is an AoE JA to Pflug? Would be nice to give this to party members and keep it up as well.
    (0)

Character
    Kaeviathan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I also got to add that "Inspiration" shouldn't be a buff as a result from using "Valiance" or "Vallation". Rather it should be an inherent job trait that is not dependent from using these job abilities and is (Much like the job trait "Fast Cast"). I say this because alot of NM from Adoulin have dispel moves (I think 4/6 WK do dispel). Now how to differentiate the job trait "Fast Cast" from "Inspiration" from this post is something I leave to the developer's creativity.
    (0)

Character
    Kaeviathan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Although "Inspiration" grants "Fast Cast" while using "Vallation" to other members, there is something very contradicting about it. In a situation where mages (who benefit most from Fast Cast) need to keep certain distance from a battle, they won't benefit from my "Inspiration" buff because my main priority is providing magical resistance to the front line jobs. So in other words, this buff effect is useless unless it's AoE distance is greatly increased. This post complements the post above for "Inspiration"'s much needed adjustment.
    (0)

Character
    Dragonfate
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    RUNE Fencer needs a weapon from nyzul Isle. every RUN FENCER in the Game wants one badly all the other jobs but Rune Fencer and Geo so. SE Dev. team plzzzzzz make some for tho's Jobs. us as playrs of ffxi would love it sooo much
    (1)
    Last edited by dragonfate; 01-25-2014 at 07:30 AM.

Character
    Kwate
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    in February update RUN will get some tanking abilities/spells/adjustments. I'm pretty stoked to see how that shapes up.
    (0)

Greetings,

The development team realizes that there are some situations and opponents that prove to be quite difficult for a rune fencer to handle and they are planning adjustments so that they can fight with better advantages.

In the February version update we will be adding the “Accuracy Bonus” job trait to rune fencer. This will enable them to utilize more defensive focused equipment, which was previously difficult to use due to lack of accuracy. Additionally, the new abilities to be added will be created around rune fencer as a tank job. As we announced earlier, we’ll also be adding relic-equivalent armor, and we hope you put this to good use along with the existing artifact armor.

Naturally this round of adjustments is not the last for rune fencer. Moving forward we’ll be looking into adjustments to their magic spells as well as adding content and equipment that is advantageous for rune fencer.
    (7)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast