Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Alexandero
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I love this job and I will continue to play it regardless of whether Aegis PLDs remain the kings. That being said there are a few things that I think would enable us to actually be able to tank vs being a support dd. First, we need a better regen. PLDs can spam cure themselves to stay up. I am not actually asking for cure, I like the regen idea but currently it just doesn't keep us up. So more passives, a higher tier, something. I know our AF helps but if we have to use the AF then we are really restricting ourselves to what we can use, thus what we can do. Sometimes we may need a -pdt helm for physical damage, or haste for holding enmity, etc...

Secondly, I think you have done a good job with the magic damage part of RUN. However, we really need some more -pdt gear, or higher evasion skill, or something that would allow us to mitigate physical damage more. When I get punched in the face it hurts... bad. I'm not advocating for heavy armor or making us another PLD. I don't want to be a PLD, but to remain true to the job we should be damn good at fencing! It seems like most of the problems occur on endgame content. It's almost like evasion and parry don't matter at that level. I assume the accuracy of the NMs is just that high. So, maybe some additional traits to help get our evasion and parry to a competitive level with the NMs acc? I don't know, it is one of those things that we are doing great one moment and then all of a sudden we get smacked once and the WHM is in freakout mode because our health just halved in one hit. I guess what I am asking for is just some type of way to better mitigate physical damage. A Greatsword that Augments Inquartata and gives us a -50 pdt? Or some more levels of Inquartata. I dont know, I just know it is not cool when the mob connects with our face.

Lastly, we need some kind of way to actually tank and hold threat. At the present time we have to have a healer to stay up if we sub something that will allow us to maintain hate. Right now I just don't see why anyone would ever say, "RUN <Can I have it?>" Not when PLDs are an option. An Aegis PLD will be used before us every time. They are more durable, they can hold threat, and if it hits the fan they can take care of themselves until the healer can get back on them. I am very excited to see the new changes. I guess the big question to ask yourself, if you want RUN to be a viable tank, is, "Why are people wanting PLDs right now instead of RUNs and what can we do to get them on the same playing field where either is viable or each is situational", "What percentage of physical damage can a PLD mitigate and is that on par with the amount of magic damage a RUN can?", and, "What percentage of magic damage can a PLD mitigate and is that on par with the amount of Physical damage a RUN can?". I think this would make each class both a situational tank and equal in their own way. Keep up the good work.

Btw, I have to ask, what is you guys' obsession with the pink armor?! Are you contracting out Victorias Secret for some of your designs? lol. At least you are going to let us lock in a different appearance because I refuse to be a big bad RUN that shows up to tank endgame in a pink matching outfit.
    (3)
    Last edited by Alexandero; 01-31-2014 at 06:56 AM.

Character
    Amaran
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandero View Post

Lastly, we need some kind of way to actually tank and hold threat. At the present time we have to have a healer to stay up if we sub something that will allow us to maintain hate. Right now I just don't see why anyone would ever say, "RUN <Can I have it?>" Not when PLDs are an option. An Aegis PLD will be used before us every time. They are more durable, they can hold threat, and if it hits the fan they can take care of themselves until the healer can get back on them. I am very excited to see the new changes. I guess the big question to ask yourself, if you want RUN to be a viable tank, is, "Why are people wanting PLDs right now instead of RUNs and what can we do to get them on the same playing field where either is viable or each is situational", "What percentage of physical damage can a PLD mitigate and is that on par with the amount of magic damage a RUN can?", and, "What percentage of magic damage can a PLD mitigate and is that on par with the amount of Physical damage a RUN can?". I think this would make each class both a situational tank and equal in their own way. Keep up the good work.

Btw, I have to ask, what is you guys' obsession with the pink armor?! Are you contracting out Victorias Secret for some of your designs? lol. At least you are going to let us lock in a different appearance because I refuse to be a big bad RUN that shows up to tank endgame in a pink matching outfit.
    Basicly Rune is now the "Dan" of Final Fantasy 11, in more ways than one it seems.

However, with that being said about comparing Run to Pld. I'm now asuming that Run might eventually get a Gs that is on par with Aegis in the sense of damage controll. I don't know what Plds natural defence to magic is, but as I understand it Run can exceede or be on par with magic defence to a Pld with Aegis (specific element may vary). So if Run's Magic def is equal to Pld's pdt, why not a Gs (or grip) that gives a simular boost to pdt like how Ageis gives a magic defence boost to pld. I'd also say an increased rate to parry to Aegis block rate, but right now I think run is already at the parry cap. (is it ~18% or ~23%). If it could get beyond the cap (even if at the cost of evade) that Job ability that enhances parry could be used to increase the amount of hate gained on parry untill an atk misses run.
    (0)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    I'm a girl and I went holy crap that is fugly. Why they didn't go with white or something else I'm not sure. Like how geo's AF is white but the non-relic is black. I think that is more fugly than brd AF and relic. I hope when Run gets their "emp" outfit it not only looks badass but has a nice color.
    (2)

Character
    Darthmaull
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    I like the adjustments and I really like the acc traits. They were needed because when I would take RUN to the AA fights my acc would be horrible. Having to focus on all acc gear just to have a decent hit rate on the AA's kills your ability to tank and it kills your dps because now you aren't using eva or magic eva gear.

I also like that we are getting our own form of cure. If this is on a short enough timer then SE may have just greatly increased our tanking abilities. Self cures make /nin a much more desirable sub. This was a gripe I had with RUN because Regen IV just was not enough if you are trying to tank a mob and your whm goes down or if you are trying to solo. Adding shadows on top of all that we have plus self cures should do the trick. Thank you SE.
    (0)

Character
    Eerica
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    The only real complaint I have (until we see how effective these new JA/JT are) is that we REALLY need something to switch Runes on the fly. A JA that, when activated, turns all your active Runes into those of the element of the next Rune you use would be great.
    (0)

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Run you should get the spell reflect, its about time, its been in the dat. files for years and it would fit very nicely with the spell list. Run should have sole possession of reflect, it should be a unique spell to run as we are suppose to be the superior magic tank.
    (2)

Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    The upcoming adjustments and abilities for rune fencer are great, however I don't understand why did the Dev Team decided to create another lunge ability called "Swipe". What's the recast gonna be... 2:00? They should also change the merit trait "Sleight of Sword" to something more better instead of Subtle Blow. Foil could of been better and more than just "Evasion against special attacks". Apart from all that, I'm interested in the new Cure Rune ability, just hoping the recast is fair.
    (0)

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    swipe is very interesting indeed, maybe its SE way of trying to boost our damage output but i wonder how powerful it will be. But I'm more concerned with "Vivacious Pulse" this must be done right because as it stands right now, without rdm or whm sub run is horrible at restoring its own hp. If this is good enough run might be actually able to sub war, nin and even pld (for the sentinel, auto refresh, and defense traits)
    (0)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Swipe boggles my mind at what the intended use is. Hopefully it has a considerable amount of enmity and recast in return to be comparable to provoke so we can use other support jobs. So far it sounds like just a mini-lunge and with JA delay of both Swipe and Rune Enchantment, it'll just lower your damage output rather than continue to swing. Buffs to a job are always nice but they said they were trying to make RUN more durable. The only thing that really does this is potentially Accuracy Bonus to wear damage taken gear more easily. Depends on how fast the recast is on Vivacious Pulse but still a long way to go to be considered a PLD equivalent. Need some hard damage mitigation abilities or spells.
    (0)

Character
    Amaran
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rwolf View Post
    Swipe boggles my mind at what the intended use is. Hopefully it has a considerable amount of enmity and recast in return to be comparable to provoke so we can use other support jobs. So far it sounds like just a mini-lunge and with JA delay of both Swipe and Rune Enchantment, it'll just lower your damage output rather than continue to swing. Buffs to a job are always nice but they said they were trying to make RUN more durable. The only thing that really does this is potentially Accuracy Bonus to wear damage taken gear more easily. Depends on how fast the recast is on Vivacious Pulse but still a long way to go to be considered a PLD equivalent. Need some hard damage mitigation abilities or spells.
    I'm under the impression that the timer might be lower than Lunge. This could allow Run to spam elemental damage at a higher rate if the timer is low enough, and with only the last rune used instead of all three. Then there's the fact we can use gambit to lower that elemental resistance further. However would the difference in damage between Lunge and Swipe be simular to single target and -aga spells, or maybe swipe is just 1/3 that of lunge.. ? Would there be an increase to lunge damage?

Lunge is also magical damage, and I'm fairly sure it can be used as a magic burst if timed with the right runes active. If swipe is also magical elemental damage then it could add an extra source of magic burst. Gambit > Ws1 (aply 1 rune) + Ws2 > skillchain> Blm+swipe = Magic Burst x2 (hopefully gambit is still up)
    (0)
    Last edited by Kote; 02-12-2014 at 01:49 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast