Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mikan

Quote Originally Posted by Zerowin View Post
    Yes but with Hundred Fist you don't need to have anything else up to get the full effect of it, and once again you lose a lot of time putting up shadows every time they get taken down. And with all the AOE going around its going to happen. So saying you don't see a weakness in this one hour when there is a huge one sitting in front of your face is just crazy.
    There's no issue with the ability because NIN sucks so much that noone uses it anyway. I think that's what Camate is trying to say.
    (4)

Player
    And that can be fix with the player base, but only if they are will to listen to and work with us to improve this job.
    (3)
    A time enjoyed is a time not wasted

Player
    Mikaaaaan ♪ (/・ω・)/

(0)

If this one hour increased multi hit based on how many shadows you have up that'd make more sense than comparing the ability to Hundred Fists in delay. MNK and NIN have two-hit rounds, with both equal on damage output. If you're just going to decrease delay with NIN 1 hr, then there should be more to it if there's requirements, as opposed to MNK's Hundred Fists. Like, for example, decreases delay (not based on shadows, about 50% as effective as Hundred Fists) and increases multi-hit effect based on number of shadows up.
    (No effect with 0, 25% double attack with 1 shadow, triple attack with 2 shadows, and quadruple attack with 3 or more shadows.) This wouldn't break NIN at all. It would just finally give them a 1 hr they can be proud of without making them stronger than already existing jobs. Another idea is to leave delay - 1 hr to MNK completely, and do the multi-hit with shadows bit to a higher degree.
    (1)
    I like playing dnc. But, as galka, they should have natural earth damage to most dnc abilities.

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    it's possible to increase your auto-attack rounds to nearly the same amount as that of Hundred Fists.
    How come an ability that can be nearly as useful is considered "balanced"? Shouldn't all SP Abilities aim to grant the players more or less the same amount of power?
    "nearly as much" shouldn't be considered that, if this is how things are it means that ability needs a tweak, be it small or big.

Mikage can become "nearly as good" as Hundred Fists and ONLY in very ideal and pretty unrealistic situations, whereas Hundred Fists not only it's always that good, but it's the same all of the time.
    Same thing could be said for many other SP abilities.
    (5)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerowin View Post
    Yes but with Hundred Fist you don't need to have anything else up to get the full effect of it, and once again you lose a lot of time putting up shadows every time they get taken down. And with all the AOE going around its going to happen. So saying you don't see a weakness in this one hour when there is a huge one sitting in front of your face is just crazy.
    It's like the devs don't notice JAs and casting magic interrupts attack rounds...
    (4)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Darwena
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    And why I'm not surprised of dev answer... If that so, why I have to come on 99% of time on any jobs beside ninja? Every event I need to came as PLD for tanking, MNK, DRG or SAM for melee, BLM or BLU as caster or RNG for, well, range DD...

Ninja isn't good enough to be a main tank, nor deal enough damages to be on DD spot... We only have a stupid one hour skill that make us explode (with so crappy result that we call it our free warp scroll) nor a skill that could be nice if wasn't the fact that we can only use it every hour...
    (1)

If it bleeds, I can kill it.
    If it doesn't bleeds...
    I can probably kill it too.

Actually its used to become unweak which can save a run in some cases. This new 2hr is really nice with 5 shadows but I agree it isn't really fair that MNK can do this w/o any concern for keeping up shadows. They should Ninja get an additional bonus like instant cast shadows or something.
    (1)

Character
    Aarahs
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Monk also doesn't get up to 5 hit negations on certain mobs. You're just whining that NIN's special ability doesn't completely blow MNK's special ability away.
    (1)
    Salaheem's Sentinels routinely monitors the content of messages sent and received via its linkshell for the purposes of ensuring compliance with its policies and procedures. Employees must never send or store messages or attachments that acknowledge the return of the Black Coffin, or defame the name of Naja Salaheem or the Empress. Messages of this nature sent in or out of the Aht Urhgan linkshell may be intercepted and stopped by highly trained Immortals. If you have received this message by mistake, please advise the sender immediately and destroy this message.

Player
    No one is asking for that what we want is a one hour that doesn't kill us or something that isn't useless in most fights.
    (1)
    A time enjoyed is a time not wasted

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast