Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

We need more inventory space

Yes, I know your mouth is hanging open at the moment because we just got 80 new inventory spaces. But the truth of the matter is that before the new Mog Case was introduced we already needed more than 80 inventory spaces. The is just so much stuff for us to get and hold and 80 simply just wasn't enough. 160 spaces extra would be barely enough, but 240-360 spaces would better approach reality.

Like this thread if your inventory is already full and you need more space.
    (11)

Player
    I mean... I won't disagree with you... (liked).... but come on dood.
    (2)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Told ya so.

Folks, I respect that some of you have inventory problems, but you need to meet SE halfway here. It's been, what 6 weeks, since we got Mog Case? If you're asking for more space already, giving you more is not going to fix anything. You NEED to learn inventory management.
    (8)

Character
    Jirachi
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I would like to bring this thread back to life to ask a question.
    We keep getting more inventory spots and more places to store things.
    But I would like to hold more than 80 things.
    I was thinking maybe our inventory and satchel/Sack/Case could be increased to 100 items to be held?
    That would add 80 inventory spots to help gear all 22 jobs, and hold all of their crafting/pop items/REM upgrades/REMs.
    (2)
    Proud Long Time Player! Attempting to 100% The Game!
    (Only 1 Relic 1 Mythic and 1 Empyrean is required for my 100%)

Character
    Tamarsamar
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    No matter how much inventory we have, SE seems bound and determined to keep your inventory chock full of useless vendor trash. Mog Gardens does this aggressively, for example. I don't even check the Goblin mystery box any more.

Of course, it doesn't help that any additional inventory "bags" we do get must have its contents go through our actual "Items" bag first and foremost, where real estate can be at a premium if you have a particularly well-geared job, with gear-swaps for days . . . arguably, if equipment were handled in a separate bag from "Items," inventory problems in FFXI would be decimated, in spite of SE practically shoving stuff nobody cares about into our sacks . . .
    (3)
    Last edited by Tamarsamar; 12-25-2013 at 02:28 PM. Reason: As tempting as it is to argue against equipment swaps in general, that has long since been a lost cause.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    I love back in 2006 when they said Mythics would be the casual-player's alternative to Relic weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armando
    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
    FFXI Official Forums in a nutshell:

Quote Originally Posted by saevel
    The stupid is strong here.

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamarsamar View Post
    No matter how much inventory we have, SE seems bound and determined to keep your inventory chock full of useless vendor trash. Mog Gardens does this aggressively, for example. I don't even check the Goblin mystery box any more.
    Not even addressing the gear swap and active bag issue, this is the biggest reason I have issues keeping space. I have a crafter friend with sets of mules, and getting rid of a full bag of 80 things to the right mules is pretty annoying, not to mention that certain items just don't stack.

And since the items are vendor trash unless you're trying to do crafting, it depends entirely on the crafter population, especially since the AH system only has so many slots itself.

Considering that lower level crafting is often useless outside of inefficiently making a handful of consumables (that are increasingly more and more obsolete, for a good example, fishing rods that aren't Lu Shang's or Ebisu), and all the profit that could be made while skilling up is increasingly gone (making it so it takes a massive upfront investment to level while high level crafters slowly dwindle in population), the vendor trash remains vendor trash because you just can't efficiently sell it to anyone but a vendor.
    (3)

Character
    Windwhistler
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 26
    Maybe if we could stack items to 99 instead of 12 we might have less of a problem? :/ *shrug*
    (1)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

The gamer's problems & ?Needs More Room added for every time new Storage Slips Added?

How about we get more space added after each time a new storage slip comes out to combine gears or new gears into a slot adding to the space provided to us in becoming less? I think we are up to what; like 15 to 20 storage slips covering up permanent spaces in one of all our different types of inventories we use to put those slips in for those gears or new gears coming out with either new content or updates into adding more stuff/items/gears/crafting materials to the game. The other thing I can think of is keeping gears for lower level's to which are disappearing to being Consistently available as everything is mainly developed to mainly high level jobs and to encourage all to be only mainly on high level jobs unlike the old days and encourage all to rush to high levels just to be able to enjoy the game at 99 throwing away all levels before quickly to which has less promise of a game to all levels before it? There are those of us who played for many years who can see what parts of the game are disappearing disheartening and what parts of the game promisingly over-shadowingly staying around with such as things as levels before it or gears 99 surpassing gears & Level's before there was reforged at 99 and yet I wonder if there is a possible reforge for gears to be used lower then 99 as well.
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 02-14-2014 at 02:00 PM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Anyways`before I get more off track, I was attempting to say; I am one of those who keep lower level gears around that would be harder & harder to find on the AH especially when they are HQued versions of that armor for lower levels granted I probably could take the time to raise a craft and attempt to hope to obtain another piece of the armor I just sold or hmm in a way gave it away and to use those gears on lower levels while swapping up to the next level gears until 99. The problem is more higher gears make lower gears less useful when compared to High level gear stats at 99 now out and the stats on the gears per level below it but we keep all our mog house inventories full of gears for that reason in leveling low level jobs and then add up all the cumbersome unstackable crafting materials items. I would like to see a cross between maybe an npc combines them with-in the same manner of ammo or arrows & storage slips when you move your highlighter over it, it pops out an inventory space of it's own with the unstackable crafting material's inside of it that you can take out to use? The other idea I have for the unstackable crafting items is a pouch that doesn't require you to have so many quantities of that item before you downsize your mog-spaces/inventory spaces as you can place those materials in to the pouch as you obtain them for your use later but maybe they can add an auto-move to pouch/auto-sort to pouch feature. The pouch idea is an okay idea I think but maybe they can find a way to also make them stackable and then combined the stacks of those materials into the pouch of those crafting materials. What do you think? I know we have to generate ideas to make this a workable functional feature inside the Final Fantasy Game {11}. Looking forward to hear more from all of you on this thread as well as from the SE dev. teams. o-: (-;
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 02-14-2014 at 01:54 PM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

{??} The Mog Marbles Space Problem into Making The game less painful to play. {??}

How about every time they Bring up the games Mog Marbles event? The marbles themselves> after making your number selections and dreadingly spending your gils on them; can take a lot of space or several mog space inventories and can be very troublesome & inconvenient into making the game unproud to play/unfulfilled to play the game or even not wanting to play the game for just that reason. There are a lot of player's in the game that feel the exact same way about this event and so they will avoid the event all together in part of the fact it does take up room to play the game or to add to it/your much needed space; it is not that they don't want to play but rather there not wanting to or willing to have dreaded space taken up to play the event or even have the space filled with a wait period in between when they bought there marbles up until when it is time to finally-winally time to relieve the taken up space to hand them in into seeing if they won hardly anything or something really good that made them proud to enter the event but may of avoided it all together in which due to space was needed from the player to play the event to which those players also know they receive nothing of course for missing an event such as this simply because they wanted some piece of mind about the space they needed in order to play this Mog Bonanza events! {this could be one for the books!! ;-} I mean couldn't the dev team or whoever is the creator of these events come up with a better way to store the items in the between the event periods of getting them & time to hand the items back in for such items as these Mog Marbles? I don't know maybe they can be stored in a pouch designed just for storing mog marbles inside of it when you click on it, to open it up to check back upon your numbers you have chosen and they wont have a problem with all the numbers of the marbles or wont have the numbers erased upon being placed inside of the pouch to look at for review up until it is time to hand them into see what you won without the worry feeling of space needed was taken up in order to play these events. <[???}
    (1)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 02-01-2014 at 02:23 PM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast