Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

My response about what could happen with items stack-able even @ 99.

Quote Originally Posted by Windwhistler View Post
    Maybe if we could stack items to 99 instead of 12 we might have less of a problem? :/ *shrug*
    well even at 99 in some ways still become a problem eventually but it is just likely to occur at a much slower rate.
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 02-14-2014 at 02:05 PM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    Told ya so.

Folks, I respect that some of you have inventory problems, but you need to meet SE halfway here. It's been, what 6 weeks, since we got Mog Case? If you're asking for more space already, giving you more is not going to fix anything. You NEED to learn inventory management.
    Actually I believe they need to give us a better way to manage the inventory. How many times have we cleared out the junk and then bam! update brings in more junk + gear+weapons+ loads and loads of quest and mission items. And just when you manage to get it under control bam!! and the cycle begins again. Now I like the idea that it should be separated somehow, like maybe duplicate the spaces we have and just have it under its own category you know? Like for the sack itself have (and we'll use 30 slots to keep it simple) 30 weapon slots, 30 gear slots, 30 quest item slots that are rare/ex, 30 quest items that are non rare/ex and 30 crafting item slots. It may or may not be broken down so easily but at least this way when these things are picked up they can be easily managed. And like in the mog house have a "chuck all" feature and in mog garden have a "chuck all/sell all" feature so we can just go to a section (like quest items) and throw it all away instead of having to throw it away one at a time. Or if that's not possible maybe have a select feature so we can select a bunch at a time and throw it away ya know?
    (2)
    Last edited by Blah; 02-15-2014 at 03:01 AM. Reason: just adding more to the idea

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Blah View Post
    How many times have we cleared out the junk and then bam! update brings in more junk + gear+weapons+ loads and loads of quest and mission items.
    Or worse, we clear out the junk and then the next update makes our junk we just threw away useful again(like my AF+1 RDM hands I had for CDC at a time)...
    (0)

Know what I want? I want items I already have to be allowed to enter my inventory and join incomplete stacks even if i have 80/80 slots. I actually want that more than I want more inv space, at least for the time being.
    (1)

Character
    Aarahs
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Maybe a way to access our mule inventory without logging in and out? Not sure how viable though.
    (0)

Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

I think I have the best sorting solution idea into managing our spaces out anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Know what I want? I want items I already have to be allowed to enter my inventory and join incomplete stacks even if i have 80/80 slots. I actually want that more than I want more inv space, at least for the time being.
    I love to see a sorting system for item's, gears, and crafting item's/ingredients in our inventory + mog space's + storage inventory spaces that results in the type of sorting system that best matched by what the auction house has done for there sorting system. The bonus side with this on gears is that we would be able to find our gears in quicker and much of lesser time taking up organizing them manually as well. I mean can you imagine leg gears put all together by level and then next feet gears by level? I am still testing out the idea of having crafting items/ingredients at top or at bottom but the best way seems to be an inventory devoted entirely to just your crafting ingredients items. One last idea I have when it comes to switching jobs or swapping out the gears into your currently switched next job that you are going be specifically wearing gear sets relating to that job. The idea I have into space management for this type of situation is that it should or it could be sorted into sets combine together such as earrings, head, neck, body, gloves, rings, waist, legs, feet-etc. but when you have the auto sorting feature active or turned on, we all know it doesn't exactly sort those gear sets into that type of way. The smaller sets would be head, body, waist, legs, feet of course with sorting for space management over cluttered spaces.
    (1)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 04-06-2014 at 07:37 AM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

Liking an idea. You know securities would be put in place for this to be implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle View Post
    {statement summery} I love to see a sorting system for our item's, gears, and crafting items or ingredients in our inventory and our mog space's using the same type of sorting system which the Auction House has done for sorting lists in incredible amounts of items in a neatly done fashion order. The bonus side to this on gears and items sorted in this fashion is that we'll be able to find our gears in quicker smaller amounts of time taking up organizing them then how long it take to do it slightly manually. Can you imagine and visualize all the leg gears being put all together by level and next feet gears by level in the same manner and etcetera? I am still testing out the idea of having crafting items/ingredients at top or at bottom but the best way seems to be an inventory devoted entirely to just your crafting ingredient items with the space management sorting over all our cluttered spaces.

Quote Originally Posted by Aarahs View Post
    Maybe a way to access our mule inventory without logging in and out? Not sure how viable though.
    This idea might work for those who can afford to have multiple characters instead of only one character but you do realize SE would want to add extra security features into allowing this option to happen inside the game and you know the game creators could do something such as your idea as long it doesn't mess up the game itself in the process. I've even taken a lot of thought over time through a lot of ideas over having a way to sort all of your game characters spaces from maybe a website for instance the SE's linkshell website when you aren't playing the game while only have a tad bits of time when you're busy at work or simply out and about with your smartphone on hand but I also think this would end up being a website run by SE all of its own with username + Passwords + a security token/software and such to have the very idea work out successfully; however, I highly doubt this would be a true feature ever to pass into the game itself.
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 04-02-2014 at 11:36 PM.

Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

Just a question to those who still looking for viable solutions to more space.

Do you guys have anymore ideas?

Does the dev team have any more solutions to this thread as well?
    (0)

Character
    Griblit
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I feel like the problem that I have is not inventory storage, it is the amount of equipment that I can carry with my character. With a WS set, and TP set, Idle set and Casting Set, and all the augment equipment, I almost fill my item inventory so I don't have any room for farming loots!

Sounds like the Devs said they are working on some kind of gear slot specific storage system, lets hope it is helpful. ^-^
    (1)

The crux of the problem is not inventory space or slot management. It is the fact that gear swapping even exists. If they just made gear that had many useful traits and must be full-timed in combat, it would add more depth and forethought to fights and greatly alleviate the inventory problem. You'd still have to grind on the gear treadmill like in other games, but you don't have to carry around 100+ pieces of gear for a character who can only equip 16 items at a time. Itemization is horrible, and lack of inventory space is just a consequence.
    (3)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast