Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Anjou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 60

Hydra/Cerberus/Khimaira

Please....does SE have any intention to lower these spawn timers? I can't even catch Khim while he's up anymore, can it be like 2-3 hour repop instead of 48-72 hours!?
    (14)

Quote Originally Posted by Anjou View Post
    Please....does SE have any intention to lower these spawn timers? I can't even catch Khim while he's up anymore, can it be like 2-3 hour repop instead of 48-72 hours!?
    I agree with this and would like to include all the world wyrms as well. Though these once incredible beasts were marvels back in their hay-day, they are easily hunted and defeated todays. The only problem now are their spawn times. I don't mean to suggest a low respawn timer but possibly within 24 hours or lower. 48 to 72hour respawns are a bit much these days.
    (5)
    Last edited by Zephrose; 11-16-2013 at 06:14 AM.

Character
    Anjou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephrose View Post
    I agree with this and would like to include all the world wyrms as well. Though these once incredible beasts were marvels back in their hay-day, they are easily hunted and defeated todays. The only problem now are their spawn times. I don't mean to suggest a low respawn timer but possibly within 24 hours or lower. 48 to 72hour respawns are a bit much these days.
    A bit much? Try absurdly unreasonable. Khimaira has been nothing but stress for the entirety of my time spent hunting him for the last couple of years. I'm currently 0/100+ on that guy. But not only is getting my prize to drop an issue, it's trying to set aside time to camp him. No one can spend a max of 24 hours for a 7% chance at a toy item these days, and now that I lost his ToD, I haven't seen Khimaira in over a month. I'm that tired of the huge respawn timer that I just wanna roll on the floor and kick and scream like a child from how frustrating it is.
    (3)

Character
    Anjou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 60
    Ran back out again today, to no Khim...Anyone who says "I worked for it, so did you" I just wanna say this.

Been hunting this guy for several years, I think the time's been put in and then some...

(Sorry, been very stressed with this crap, just wish SE would buck up and lower the respawn on these NM's to not be 1 hour for an entire day...I can't camp that long, I have a life that I gotta take care of.)
    (3)

Player
    They really need to just do a drastic repop change on all outdated NMs. There is no reason for them to have such a long timer now that the gear is outdated. Some people just want to collect the items as keepsakes, or just challenge the NMs for fun.
    (4)
    Last edited by kwehhhhh; 11-19-2013 at 01:56 AM.

A bit much? Try absurdly unreasonable. Khimaira has been nothing but stress for the entirety of my time spent hunting him for the last couple of years. I'm currently 0/100+ on that guy. But not only is getting my prize to drop an issue, it's trying to set aside time to camp him. No one can spend a max of 24 hours for a 7% chance at a toy item these days, and now that I lost his ToD, I haven't seen Khimaira in over a month. I'm that tired of the huge respawn timer that I just wanna roll on the floor and kick and scream like a child from how frustrating it is.
    I wouldn't go so far to say absurdly unreasonable but would say unnecessary these days. Back in the day when camping world kings was the norm, it was necessary to have such high respawns for these monsters. There were so many people/groups hunting them that it gave those different hunters a chance to claim them.

However, times have changed and the game isn't what it was some years back. And though for a time these once great beasts were prized hunts, now they are just solo challenges with very little risk. I agree they need to re-think the respawn times for these monsters now, but I would leave them between 12-16hrs at the lowest and no more than 24hrs.

I will say, I worked for this particular king for nearly 4months before even getting a chance to lot at the sword. Helped an LS camp it with a mule at the camp zone 24/7. And though this is a bit much for one person to do, it too was the norm for all the HNM shells of the time to do. At today's player base, I don't see such mules or play times necessary. For your stress' sake, I do hope they rethink their spawn times. Happy Hunting, Anjou.
    (0)

Character
    Anjou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 60
    6 hours isn't unreasonable nor too low of a respawn, considering that's a quarter of your entire day, but not only that, but the NM's should spawn when their timers hit 0, not have a random chance every hour on the hour.
    (2)

Character
    Xantavia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Do you check whether it has spawned at the same time every day? I recently went to camp Shikigami Weapon and Simurgh (I know they don't have the same long windows) but I did my best to check out the pop areas at the same time every day when I could. I'd maybe spend an hour seeing if it popped before I went to do something else. I wasn't in a huge rush so I figured that by just devoting an hour a day, it's spawn time would fall into my playtime eventually. Went in with no idea of ToD but it eventually worked out for me.

I'm thinking you should maybe relax and give it up for now if it is stressing you out, especially if you are 0/100 on the drop. I was easily that on bounding boots and trust me, having a shorter respawn didn't make it any better. This way I could be frustrated 3-4 times a day when I didn't get the drop. I eventually told myself whatever, I don't need them and gave up actively hunting them. I would swing by periodically to see if LL was up, but didn't try to force a spawn. If you can convince yourself that it would be nice to get drop, but you can live without it, your stay in Vanadiel should be much less stressful.
    (0)

Character
    Anjou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Xantavia View Post
    Do you check whether it has spawned at the same time every day? I recently went to camp Shikigami Weapon and Simurgh (I know they don't have the same long windows) but I did my best to check out the pop areas at the same time every day when I could. I'd maybe spend an hour seeing if it popped before I went to do something else. I wasn't in a huge rush so I figured that by just devoting an hour a day, it's spawn time would fall into my playtime eventually. Went in with no idea of ToD but it eventually worked out for me.

I'm thinking you should maybe relax and give it up for now if it is stressing you out, especially if you are 0/100 on the drop. I was easily that on bounding boots and trust me, having a shorter respawn didn't make it any better. This way I could be frustrated 3-4 times a day when I didn't get the drop. I eventually told myself whatever, I don't need them and gave up actively hunting them. I would swing by periodically to see if LL was up, but didn't try to force a spawn. If you can convince yourself that it would be nice to get drop, but you can live without it, your stay in Vanadiel should be much less stressful.
    What you say is perfectly true and reasonable, and tbh I never should have made that stupid goal years ago if I knew it'd turn into this mess. Same deal with Ridil, though now o have a legitimate chance at it and I can just do that when I go 'eh I got a wine, might as well feed the slot machine'
    (1)

There are a lot of NMs that we would like to address but since there are so many, it would be difficult to adjust them all at once. The purpose of the recent NM respawn and drop rate adjustments were aimed to increase the avenues for obtaining equipment in starting areas only.

We agree that the current condition of FINAL FANTASY XI doesn't fit to have users wait 3-4 days to encounter NMs and we would like to adjust this phase by phase. The reason why we are not currently adjusting NMs that are requirements for RME weapons is because they are directly linked to the difficulty of their creation.

We would like to carefully approach these adjustments as they offer valuable rewards and strong equipment that could affect the overall balance.
    (8)

Okipuit - Community Team

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast