Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Too soon to ask? More spells?

With the first set of Adoulin's mobs now sharing some abilities with Blue Mages, will there be another day we, Blue Mages, will receive some of the newer Adoulin mob abilities as spells?

...and if so, perhaps make some of these spells add to the popular traits like Dual Wield, Double/Triple Attack, Auto-Refresh, and maybe Store TP.
    (5)

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Bumping this and adding a question:

Which abilities of the current WK NMs that we have yet to learn a spell from sounds best?
    (0)

More spellsssssss plzzzz. Need some from older mobs too, Iron Giants, Harpeia, Naraka, Mantis.

Which abilities of the current WK NMs that we have yet to learn a spell from sounds best?
    Hm from the Bird, the strongest one I've seen is Static Prison. High thunder dmg spell w/add effects. Tree is Timburrrr but the doom will most likely stink lol, rather have the regen one. The tiger I want the ninja star throwing ws because it looks cool.
    (2)
    Last edited by Draylo; 01-02-2014 at 03:17 PM.

Character
    Larrymc
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Set Points

I would love more spells, and also more set points to go along with them. More set points would be awesome.
    (0)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I'd like to see more spells as well. I'd like to see set points lowered on spells. Also expanded set points and number of spells beyond 20. Even if it's a key item or something to do at 99 to have it unlocked. Completely agree that I'd like to see the set cost for dual wield alleviated. Auto-Refresh too. Would like to see them remove Clear Mind as an equippable trait and just make it native to BLU at Clear Mind IV (already obtainable via spell set).
    (0)

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I'd have to agree with revamping spell points and decreasing the value at which they are actually worth. To add to that, I really would like to see more awesome 1 point spells such as cocoon and regurgitation.

For WKnm spells, I'd really like to see from Kumhau either glassy nova (aoe ice/all stats down) or Polar Roar (extreme aoe ice dmg), since we have some crud ice nuke. From Hurkan, I guess Static Prison. I haven't found a site that gives his abilities. Yumcax has quite a few abilities, and I believe Canopierce or Tiiimbeeer would be nice to own.

There are a lot of other normal mobs I'd like to learn spells from, hopefully giving us better spells to equip for DW and DA/TA.
    (1)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennotsukai View Post
    From Hurkan, I guess Static Prison. I haven't found a site that gives his abilities.
    In case you're curious, I pieced them together from various sites.

Reverberating Cry - AoE lightning magic damage + magic defense down + magic evasion down
    Brownout -Conal lightning damage + Blind + Slow
    Sparkstorm - ??? (couldn't find anything)
    Reverse Current - Lightning damage + stun
    Crashing Thunder - Conal lightning magic damage + knockback
    Static Prison - AoE lightning magic damage + paralysis + shock + dispel (I think it's multiple dispel, not sure. JP site)
    (1)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by larrymc View Post
    I would love more spells, and also more set points to go along with them. More set points would be awesome.
    I am curious about this, since the ilvl+ thing is to further our Levels via gear... BLUs arent getting any Blue magic points from this. I think SEs answer to this is the addtion of spells that have native traits to themself as seen with the last update.
    (0)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Unfortunately the addition of spells that have native traits to themselves doesn't eliminate the issue. Blue Magic points not increasing is only part of the issue. We are still stuck at 20 spells and saying if they add a whole new list of 6+ set cost spells. We'll be limited at 10 spells or less if they are all at that cost. Even less if you didn't merit Assimilation to 5/5. They need to completely rework Blue Magic similar to what they did with Elemental Magic. Just an overhaul to spell efficiency.

If I recall correctly, the dev team stated before they were concerned with what we would gain from job traits and attributes. I took some time to quickly just rough draft how increasing the amount of set points and spell limits would barely make a difference from stats and job traits. Just to be purely hypothetical and not at all about being realistic, lets say they double our current set points. In my example I'll go a bit further and say more than that.

A Blue Mage/Warrior could gain the following:

Job Traits
    Accuracy Bonus, *Attack Bonus, Auto-Refresh, Auto-Regen, Clear Mind IV, Conserve MP, Counter, *Defense Bonus, *Double Attack, Triple Attack, Dual Wield III, *Fencer, Fast Cast II, Gilfinder, Magic Attack Bonus, Magic Burst Bonus, Max HP Boost, *Resist Virus II, Skillchain Bonus, Store TP II & Zanshin. (*gained from Warrior support job)

Attributes from spells set
    HP+20, MP+35, STR+18, DEX+28, VIT+13, AGI+13, INT+6, MND+11, & CHR-4.

Spell set cost: 155 points with 44 spells.
    Now I'm not actually suggesting that much but seriously it's not even that bad even with access to all of that. It's barely a piece of 109 gear in stats and most of this is already possible in a damage build. At the most I've added mage traits like Clear Mind IV, Conserve MP, Fast Cast II and Magic Attack Bonus. Most of which is subbed by other jobs. And this is with 2 and a half times the amount of spell set cost/spell limit we have now.

Adding new spells that cost 6+ points isn't the solution, increase the cap so we can use more of the spells and abilities we've learned. A lot of our potent debuffs and buffs already have limitations. Self buff only, low duration, requires Unbridled Learning/Wisdom, etc.
    (3)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I am all for increasing points and spellslot, but I am not SE and SE has maybe a different apporach. All I can say is that, looking at the last update with blu spells the trend seems to be for SE to add new spells with native traits attached ot them that cost 2-6 points. The spells per say are not so bad, the the traits werent that great to begin with.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast