Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Let us cast more spells on our party members

Blu has some pretty great buffs. Considering the fact that we aren't really wanted in any cutting edge content these days, has any thought been given to letting blu mages cast some more of our buffs on party members?

Things like nature's meditation or memento mori or saline coat could have at least situational use in party play. Diffusion is on way too long of a timer to help tempt folks to invite us to stuff.

I doubt it would solve all our problems but it might make us a little more attractive for a party slot.
    (3)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I would like to see something done with diffusion. They could make it target alliances or make it have a shorter (edit) recast. Of course, they could always make our buffs last longer and just keep diffusion as is
    (1)
    Last edited by Tennotsukai; 01-23-2014 at 07:48 AM.

Character
    Kafrein
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I really think an ability that extends buff duration would be useful. Infusion, Fusion Affinity, idk. I mean Blue Mage has buffs because we're supposed to be ~versatile~ but I think the balancing restrictions on them make it too impractical for elitist end-game content where no one wants to take any risks or experiment, etc. Diffusion affecting Alliances seems like something we should already have to be honest. Perhaps rather than making it so we can cast self-buffs on other people, just give us some new spells that are AoE buffs?

I mean Animating Wail is an AoE technique when used by Qutrub, it never made any sense to me why our version was not. Just seems like an unnecessary 'balance' that we don't need anymore, especially in the way the game is now. Maybe if Animating Wail was made aoe we could start diffusing more interesting spells...
    (0)

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kafrein View Post
    I really think an ability that extends buff duration would be useful. Infusion, Fusion Affinity, idk. I mean Blue Mage has buffs because we're supposed to be ~versatile~ but I think the balancing restrictions on them make it too impractical for elitist end-game content where no one wants to take any risks or experiment, etc. Diffusion affecting Alliances seems like something we should already have to be honest. Perhaps rather than making it so we can cast self-buffs on other people, just give us some new spells that are AoE buffs?

I mean Animating Wail is an AoE technique when used by Qutrub, it never made any sense to me why our version was not. Just seems like an unnecessary 'balance' that we don't need anymore, especially in the way the game is now. Maybe if Animating Wail was made aoe we could start diffusing more interesting spells...
    but i really like how animating wail is now...
    (0)

Character
    Rentwokay
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 75
    I'd be happy with seeing Diffusion's recast timer cut to only five minutes, or having it double buff duration before merits.
    (1)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance2K View Post
    I'd be happy with seeing Diffusion's recast timer cut to only five minutes, or having it double buff duration before merits.
    i'd rather see its recast down cut down to like 3 min, Dispels from mobs happen, and applying more then 1 buff would be nice :X
    (1)

Character
    Rentwokay
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 75
    Something similar to how Summoner buffs are handled might be nice, too. Each buff has a base duration that can be lengthened by increasing your Blue Magic skill over the cap for the current level.
    (2)

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance2K View Post
    Something similar to how Summoner buffs are handled might be nice, too. Each buff has a base duration that can be lengthened by increasing your Blue Magic skill over the cap for the current level.
    I would like to see Blu magic skill affect buffs more than what they currently do.
    (0)

Greetings,

Blue mage was designed with the concept of possessing magic that can be used to enhance yourself to be more proficient in battle, which is why there are a lot of self-target enhancement spells when it comes to blue magic.

In the future there is definitely a possibility that blue magic spells that can be cast on others are implemented, but fundamentally the enhancing blue magic spells will predominantly be self-target.
    (17)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Larrymc
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

Blue mage was designed with the concept of possessing magic that can be used to enhance yourself to be more proficient in battle, which is why there are a lot of self-target enhancement spells when it comes to blue magic.

In the future there is definitely a possibility that blue magic spells that can be cast on others are implemented, but fundamentally the enhancing blue magic spells will predominantly be self-target.
    I wish the duration of many of our self target spells was longer - constantly keeping up these buffs lowers our total DPS and makes many of them not worth while. Battery charge is in the right ballpark for duration.
    (15)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast