World: Alexander
    Main Job: Ninja
    Support Job: Warrior
    Area and Coordinates: all zones
    Party or Solo: Solo and party
    NPC Name: N/A
    Monster Name: N/A
    Steps:
    1. This error has happened to me since at least the last major version update. One day I hit the spacebar then tab key to translate a key item to a linkshell member and I was unable to.
    2. Instead of the auto translator having a total of 43 sub-menus to pick from it only had 42, ending at the bottom of the last page, instead of having the 43rd item showing by itself.
    3. When I was playing when it first happened was on the Playstation 2 version on my Playstation 3: I had backed up my game data onto the server not more than a month before and had reinstalled it on my new Playstation 3 because of it breaking. When I played on my laptop I had noticed the key items tab had dissapeared without any notice. 2 weeks later when my new Playstation 3 arrived I installed it and it also was the same way on the Playstation 2 version, leading me to believe it is a server error or glitch.
    4. Another member of my dynamis linkshell says he has the same problem too, of not being able to auto-translate anything either.
    5. Lastly, on some of my item storage characters on my same account, I have key items from Mog Bonanza statues, and in all but 1 of them I can't auto-translate the moghancement element from key items. On the 1 character that I can translate it, I choose it from the key items tab in the translator and enter it because it isn;t missing on the 43 item list.. Then I log onto my main character of Fjz and I start typing "Moghancement" and I hit tab and I can temporarily translate that 1 item, but if I hit spacebar then tab with nothing written the key items tab is still missing and I also lose that translation I had.
    6. I also can't translate any key item I see on my main character from a shout, say, or any form of chat log even if it is translated on the screen.

7. I had also reported this to a Game Master origionally though a message, a week later I got a reply to go to a playonline page and submit a bug report. I went and submitted the bug report then got a reply e-mail 15 minutes later saying to submit it as feedback, so I pasted the content as feedback, which of course does not allow them to reply back to me on any findings or fixes. As of the early morning before the servers went down due to the Japan trajedies, It has still not been fixed, or annouced as a known issue besides the twitter post on FFXI top page saying the Playstation 2 has a limit on how many items the auto-translator can have, which in turn affects key items.
    (0)
    Last edited by FJZB2; 03-24-2011 at 03:17 PM. Reason: added reported info

Greetings, FJZB2!
    Thank you for posting your concerns regarding your Key Items tab disappearing from your auto-translator function. I can understand how much of an inconvenience this is for you, so I will make sure to submit the report that you have filled out to the development team for a thorough investigation. I recommend watching this thread for any information about this investigation. I also suggest consulting www.PlayOnline.com for any further developments, just in case. Thank you again for your report!
    (0)

Greetings again, FJZB2!
    Thank you for your patience with waiting for a response in regards to your concerns about your Key Items tab disappearing from your auto-translator function. After thoroughly investigating this matter, the development team has been able to find the source of this trouble, and this matter should be addressed in the next update. I highly recommend keeping posted to www.PlayOnline for any further developments. Thanks again for the heads-up!
    (1)