Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Character
    Mdkuser
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    There's just no arguing with you people that are mentally twisted enough to think "lol you can do this at 1/50th the speed by farming seals and then spamming BCs/farming bayld and then spamming WKR" to the people who never enjoyed Delve farming, or people who actually think "lol isn't this exactly what you wanted". This is without even mentioning the total retardation of "farm something that drop lv119 weapons 200 times, to get a lv119 weapon through a quest". If I was sane I'd sit on all my gil my inactive account has, log back in another 6 months when the market has settled and buy my way to victory, and then quit the game again (or just get bent and don't bother). Of course, SOMEBODY has to be farming these, who knows if there's actually going to be enough people actually supplying these in a few months.

I honestly really love[d] the game, so it just hurts to see simple things like this handled in such an idiotic way.

But really, pchan, I sincerely wish you happiness farming ADL another 200 times to afford your shit. I'm not going to be taking my advice from what's fun and what's not from someone who does the same fight every single fucking day for literally years though.
    200 times? Don't take those BG qqers too seriously. The update was live yesterday I already have 50/300 boulder(empy) and 50/300 pluton (relic) for a total of 4 hours of work, w/o buying anything. The QQers just want to find an excuse to not come back.
    (3)

What most people seem to be doing is spaming WRK to get items. Since the WKR price was dropped to 15k bayld you get that back during the fight and possible case with a lot of items in it. Not 100% that you get a rme item though.
    (1)

Character
    Twille
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Introducing Sacred Kindred Crests was a bad idea, the other 4 types of seals was enough, another type to collect is just stupid at this point.
    Not allowing the other types of seals to be converted into the Sacred Kindred Crests was insulting.
    /rant
    between beastmen seals, kindred seals, kindred crests and high kindred crests, i have thousands of unused seals, THOUSANDS. why? because the battlefields they're used for dont appeal to me. What does appeal to me? Upgrading my original AF to ilvl 109 does! but of course I can't put any of my unused seals to any use, i have to farm up some new type of seal, thanks for nothing SE. Oh, and don't even get me started on the BCNM being a 6-man event....
    /end rant

all-in-all, i'm pretty much done with FFXI. SE is consistently falling short of any expectation or hope that I have for this game.:
    RMEs were expected to get a boost to the level 99 versions, instead we get a ridiculous quest involving items from an event we're already tired of doing.
    You already saw my displeasure about AF upgrades.
    SOA missions are complete garbage.
    The implementation of ilvl gear throughout SOA content has been laughable at best. (regardless of whether we like or dislike ilvl gear, it could have been done much better)
    They threw too much gear at us too quickly and sporadically. Wildskeeper Reives and Delve were released before being fully completed (not all zones available) which has left large gaps between jobs, most noticeably being those jobs with ilvl119 weapons available.
    Just typing all this out is getting me rather frustrated.

FFXI was a fun game that I really enjoyed playing, just not anymore.
    (5)

Character
    Ravenns
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    To tell you the truth the forums was the worst idea SE ever thought up and then listening to everyone. This is what everyone was asking for. The good old days of farming content you were sick of just to upgrade/finally get the item you wanted. Sky, sea, limbus, dyna were all fun the first few times of doing it then they all became boring as watching the TV guide scrolling by but it still had the items you wanted so you did it. I see no difference between the "Good old days" and now having to do content that is no longer fun to get items. Every time people ask SE to go back to the old days this is what SE seen. Then we have the stat vomit on all the gear that has been coming out, same thing SE listened to people whine that they had to carry 2 to 3 sets of gear and use 3rd party tools just to do a WS. There was also complainants of having to farm gear, again from boring content that had been beaten into the ground to just be 1 or 2% better then what you had before but taking 20x longer to get it.

It's really sad at how badly SE over corrects. We went from them never listen to a thing we say to going to the other extreme and listen to everything.
    (0)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Twille View Post
    Introducing Sacred Kindred Crests was a bad idea, the other 4 types of seals was enough, another type to collect is just stupid at this point.
    Not allowing the other types of seals to be converted into the Sacred Kindred Crests was insulting.
    /rant
    between beastmen seals, kindred seals, kindred crests and high kindred crests, i have thousands of unused seals, THOUSANDS. why? because the battlefields they're used for dont appeal to me. What does appeal to me? Upgrading my original AF to ilvl 109 does! but of course I can't put any of my unused seals to any use, i have to farm up some new type of seal, thanks for nothing SE. Oh, and don't even get me started on the BCNM being a 6-man event....
    /end rant
    Wait.
    You mean to tell me...

That...

I....

Can't...

Trade the 500000000 crappy seals in the 3=1 conversion??

Are you sure??

Surely that must be an oversight....
    I mean...
    We can trade three of any into any one of any of the others.....
    >_>

Someone please tell me Twille is horribly mistaken.

Craaaaaaap.

I hope they fix this and the Mythic problem soon.
    (0)
    Last edited by FaeQueenCory; 11-06-2013 at 08:52 AM.

They don't want to give you easy access to the new bcnms because that would lead to people who have tons of old seals stored up getting a bunch of drops and items with very little work based on having saved up tons of old seals. I don't think they will offer a transfer of seals to the newest SKC.

They want you to grind mobs for seals, just like they want you to grind delve, wkr, as the other options to get upgrade items.
    (0)

Character
    Kagetachi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    the AF upgrades need 10 items for normal and 5 for +1. plus 2 other items. reading the description of Rem's adventures however, says there are 10 chapters. so will the next 5 chapters be for AF99+1 or Relic99?
    (0)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    They don't want to give you easy access to the new bcnms because that would lead to people who have tons of old seals stored up getting a bunch of drops and items with very little work based on having saved up tons of old seals. I don't think they will offer a transfer of seals to the newest SKC.

They want you to grind mobs for seals, just like they want you to grind delve, wkr, as the other options to get upgrade items.
    That would be a valid argument....
    Except the Sacred Kindred Seals are in the 100pt category in the next login campaign... which starts monday.
    So "they want us to work for it" just doesn't hold water when they are giving it away immediately.
    All things considered, this update was huge... many many MANY things got implemented...
    It was probably just an oversight.
    At least they remembered to make them storable with Shami/Shemo right off the bat. (I have the strangest sense that previously new seals were not storable day1... but I honestly can't recall if that was a thing or not.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kagetachi View Post
    the AF upgrades need 10 items for normal and 5 for +1. plus 2 other items. reading the description of Rem's adventures however, says there are 10 chapters. so will the next 5 chapters be for AF99+1 or Relic99?
    Probably relic or empy if they use more grind items.
    EDIT: It seems that Matsui wants to make the AF1.... 119.... >_>
    I really hope he just meant AF as in the all inclusive AF1/2/3 for Artifact, Relic, and Empyrean sets...
    But If he meant AF1 will one day be 119.... >_>
    Well, looks like we know what we'll have to grind for to get the items for the jump from 109 to 119.
    >_>
    They better have added the seal trading is all I'm saying... :/
    (0)
    Last edited by FaeQueenCory; 11-07-2013 at 01:59 PM.

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    If the upgrade items are purchasable, that makes the process a lot less frightening. I can solo grind for cash and buy stuff. I did it with Umbral Marrow, and I farmed a boat load of Dynamis currency.... BUT... if I need to farm 300 million gil... that's a bit out there. Here's hoping we can get SE to relent like they did with the original requirements for the 95->99 upgrades on these things.
    (3)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I've done 5 WKR and between 3 characters I've gotten 1 boulder and 1 beitetsu. That's a little frightening.
    (3)

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast