Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: New "AF1"

  1. #1
    Player FaeQueenCory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    500
    Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

    New "AF1"

    So.... Damn.
    Sorta.

    I'm having mixed feels about this...

    On the one hand you have just zomgwtfbbqbabies pieces that are just 100% best in that slot:

    Which, imo, shows that the devs have at least SOME clue to what's good for smn and what we play with. (like I said before... if this update was gonna actually be good... it'll have to compete with the Empy+2 set pieces for everything except the hands where it has to beat relic+2)
    Which was really good after seeing what had happened to Nirvana... (I mean... +Mdmg? cause smn be totes flinging spells to actually make use of that...)

    Here's the rest. (no glove shots on BG yet, will update this when it happens)





    No clue what those +BPdmg percents are yet... Expecting somewhere in the ballpark of 5-10%...
    I suppose it could be like that earring with +3%dmg...
    But this is JSE... and the +1empy body is +5% with the +2 at +10%...
    So... those boots will probably be 5%... but if they are 10%....
    Mother of God.

    The doublet I'm not sold on.
    Especially if it has the same +%dmg that the Empy body has....
    But Dear God in Heaven... That horn and those boots...
    They're pretty much exactly the upgrade to the empy+2 pieces that we (or at least I) wanted in this 109 set.

    IMO: The only pieces worth replacing are the horn and pigaches... the spats don't beat out the empy+2/ngen pants... and the body looks more like a downgrade. (it needs more than +10%dmg to make up for the loss of the +10skill acc and Macc and -4perp... Or more if you have relegated the Empy+2 doublet to macro-only)

    EDIT: And overall thought on the method for upgrading:
    WTF.
    This was dumb. First off, random drops for upgrades = .
    (of course that's if I'm reading the update info right... if it's like the translurry for Skirmish weapons... good. they should have just used that anyways.)
    Second off: content for AF requiring a full pt is... not fun.
    Or at least it's not fun for jobs ppl don't care about *coughRUNcough*
    Better get your "+2" items now while ppl are shouting... if you wait like I did with RUN...
    You're gonna spend a whole day shouting just to get maybe two ppl...
    Cause after everyone updates the gear they want... ain't no one gonna do it again.
    The +1ification for AF1 was bad enough... I don't think anyone wanted that again.
    (0)
    Last edited by FaeQueenCory; 11-05-2013 at 06:26 AM.

  2. #2
    Player Twille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    290
    Character
    Twille
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FaeQueenCory View Post
    content for AF requiring a full pt is... not fun.
    Or at least it's not fun for jobs ppl don't care about *coughRUNcough*

    Better get your "+2" items now while ppl are shouting... if you wait like I did with RUN...
    You're gonna spend a whole day shouting just to get maybe two ppl...
    Cause after everyone updates the gear they want... ain't no one gonna do it again.
    quoted for truth.
    I was pretty sad to see AF upgrades require a full 6-man party.
    I suppose I'd better jump on the band-wagon before this 'event' fades into oblivion along with most other content in this game.
    (2)

  3. #3
    Player FaeQueenCory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    500
    Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Twille View Post
    quoted for truth.
    I was pretty sad to see AF upgrades require a full 6-man party.
    I suppose I'd better jump on the band-wagon before this 'event' fades into oblivion along with most other content in this game.
    My reaction:

    "someone responded to my discussion about the new AF!!"
    ...
    D: "nooooooo.... it's about the instant death that Adoulin content is...."


    Honestly... I can't say I'm all that surprised that it does... I mean, Yorcia Skirmish is a full pt event...
    But to upgrade skirmish weapons to make them serviceable... is a single KI...

    Now that I know the REM upgrade requires 300 of a BS item.... that only drops in Delve or certain BCNMs.... and only 1-a few/NM at that...
    What does it take to "+2" my AF1 sets?
    I don't know because I keep DCd on the update... (dammit other ppl! stop updating so I can! lol)
    I have 3-4 sets I want (SMN, DNC -shutit! I like being fa~bu~lo~us!-, WHM, and possibly BLM...) and just the thought of 300 items /piece... makes me gonna just "+2" only the pieces I'm gonna use...
    (0)

  4. #4
    Player Mokeil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    140
    Character
    Mokeil
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FaeQueenCory View Post
    My reaction:

    "someone responded to my discussion about the new AF!!"
    ...
    D: "nooooooo.... it's about the instant death that Adoulin content is...."
    Hehe... yea, its been slow here... And a recent job change has left me far less time to browse the forums than I used to have... Would you mind doin a fellow Summoner a favor and pointing me to a place where I can read up on the upgrade process?

    I think I have to agree with your assessment of the gear, though: The head and feet are nice, the rest is kinda lame. That said, I'm still really disappointed. This was a good chance to work in some things like Pet: Double Attack or Pet: Haste (or at least enough -perp to allow us to hit -14 without needing a magian staff) and not doing that just seems like a waste.
    (1)

  5. #5
    Player FaeQueenCory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    500
    Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokeil View Post
    Hehe... yea, its been slow here... And a recent job change has left me far less time to browse the forums than I used to have... Would you mind doin a fellow Summoner a favor and pointing me to a place where I can read up on the upgrade process?

    I think I have to agree with your assessment of the gear, though: The head and feet are nice, the rest is kinda lame. That said, I'm still really disappointed. This was a good chance to work in some things like Pet: Double Attack or Pet: Haste (or at least enough -perp to allow us to hit -14 without needing a magian staff) and not doing that just seems like a waste.
    LoL sure, Mokeil.
    Edyth has a thread that has what you need to know on the general gist of how to upgrade.
    In summary: you get 20 of the new seals, trade them for an orb, go to a specific place to get the right numbered page from Rem's Memoirs (1-5), and then trade a stack of 10 of the right number and the base gear to an NPC in Jeuno.
    If you have the +1, it's only 5pgs.
    And depending on the difficulty of the BCNM, you will get a guarantee 1-4pgs per fight.
    So doing it 10x on the hardest difficulty nets you 4AF sets from the base. (8 if they're all +1'd)

    And considering what the original AF for smn looked like..........
    Just think of the major transformation that the Relic and Empy sets will be when THEY get 109+ified. (dunno if their iLv will be 109 or if it'll be higher like how AF1 (50-60) - AF2 (71-75) - AF3 (80-89) used to be. Here's hoping Empy+3 is 119! as if... XD )
    (0)

  6. #6
    Player Mokeil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    140
    Character
    Mokeil
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Cool, thanks for the link. I'll be sure to dig into it! After I've had time to farm 100 or so of those new seal things...
    (0)

  7. #7
    Player dasva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    492
    Character
    Dasva
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Looks to me like probably still going to use skirmish peices for magical bp. Maybe some for the perp refresh too. Seems like most jobs got only a couple situational peices
    (0)

  8. #8
    Player Demon6324236's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ru'Lude Gardens!
    Posts
    4,310
    Character
    Demonjustin
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FaeQueenCory View Post
    Just think of the major transformation that the Relic and Empy sets will be when THEY get 109+ified. (dunno if their iLv will be 109 or if it'll be higher like how AF1 (50-60) - AF2 (71-75) - AF3 (80-89) used to be. Here's hoping Empy+3 is 119!
    It will likely be 119 since RF(Reforged, RF if the term I use for the new version of our AF gear since we abbreviated Artifact as AF, and the new set is the Reforged Armor) will be getting upgraded next update, likely with the other 5 pages of the RemMems, to level 119. I assume the way they are doing it is RF being the only gear to make the stop at 109 because our original AF was stuff at 75. AF gear was at 52~56 and got upgraded to 75, Relic was 71~75 and got put up to 90, Empyrean was 81~89, never changed. I assume the large level gap between AF and the others stat wise, gave them the cause for making 2 stages to it, also, the others both had a total of 3 stages, NQ, +1, and +2, where as AF had only 2, NQ and +1. All in all, I think AF becoming RF, and furthermore RF+1, will be exclusive to it, and the others will simply start at 119.

    This is mostly speculation though, the only confirmed part of any of this really is the fact that RF will be level 119 next update through some sort of upgrade process. Which also means everyone should get theirs now because it will be the best gear for your job most likely in a few different ways, since all ilevel gear with higher levels ends up with higher HP/MP/STR/DEX/VIT/AGI/INT/MND/CHR/DEF/EVA/MDEF/MEVA, generally.
    (0)

  9. #9
    Player FaeQueenCory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    500
    Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    It will likely be 119 since RF(Reforged, RF if the term I use for the new version of our AF gear since we abbreviated Artifact as AF, and the new set is the Reforged Armor) will be getting upgraded next update, likely with the other 5 pages of the RemMems, to level 119. I assume the way they are doing it is RF being the only gear to make the stop at 109 because our original AF was stuff at 75. AF gear was at 52~56 and got upgraded to 75, Relic was 71~75 and got put up to 90, Empyrean was 81~89, never changed. I assume the large level gap between AF and the others stat wise, gave them the cause for making 2 stages to it, also, the others both had a total of 3 stages, NQ, +1, and +2, where as AF had only 2, NQ and +1. All in all, I think AF becoming RF, and furthermore RF+1, will be exclusive to it, and the others will simply start at 119.

    This is mostly speculation though, the only confirmed part of any of this really is the fact that RF will be level 119 next update through some sort of upgrade process. Which also means everyone should get theirs now because it will be the best gear for your job most likely in a few different ways, since all ilevel gear with higher levels ends up with higher HP/MP/STR/DEX/VIT/AGI/INT/MND/CHR/DEF/EVA/MDEF/MEVA, generally.
    SMN is probably the biggest wrong to assume "higher level gear = best".
    In fact... it's kinda a HUGE smn noob mistake.

    For instance, the base relic gloves are better than the empy+2.
    "but empy+2 is higher level" says the noob smn...
    While such numerical DBZ-thinking is fine for DDs... I guess...
    It's the absolute worse thing to think in terms of smn.

    You're probably right about the 6-10 pages being the mechanism for the 109->119ification.
    Though I wonder if RUN and GEO's 119 will just use them too... Probably.

    And should the AF2 and AF3 become 119 without the 109 step... (remember, AF3 goes from shit to +1 and then to +2... so there's no reason to assume they won't arbitrarily force a X->109->119 as well... they certainly seem to be wanting to add more grind to Adoulin.)
    Then what we're gonna be looking at is probably just what we had before Adoulin: AF3 head, AF3 body, AF2 hands, AF3 legs, AF3 feet.
    Now with the 109AF1 stats... the feet and head might turn out to exceed the 119AF3 slots for those pieces.....
    But chances are, they will just wind up being the same best slot items for SMN like they have been for ever.
    (And poor Nares Sheraweels ppl... >_> There would be no comparison with a 119AF3...)

    EDIT: OMG.... Just realized... 119... all that +smn skill...
    The mythical 600+...
    Alexander...
    >_>
    Dear Mother of God.
    (0)
    Last edited by FaeQueenCory; 11-11-2013 at 11:49 PM.

  10. #10
    Player Demon6324236's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ru'Lude Gardens!
    Posts
    4,310
    Character
    Demonjustin
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FaeQueenCory View Post
    SMN is probably the biggest wrong to assume "higher level gear = best".
    In fact... it's kinda a HUGE smn noob mistake.

    For instance, the base relic gloves are better than the empy+2.
    "but empy+2 is higher level" says the noob smn...
    While such numerical DBZ-thinking is fine for DDs... I guess...
    It's the absolute worse thing to think in terms of smn.
    No really it fits for everything. Just because Skirmish gear is level 113 it doesn't make an X-hit all by itself. Just because my Skirmish gear is all 113 on my WHM does not mean it caps cure potency or has low enmity/cast time. More or less I assume it will be the best still because the stats we already had on them were generally better. The SMN set is already very nice from what I understand, putting it up to 119 only makes it better, if it already holds some of your best gear and its getting upgraded, its only reasonable to expect it to get better, and be potentially the best.

    You're probably right about the 6-10 pages being the mechanism for the 109->119ification.
    Though I wonder if RUN and GEO's 119 will just use them too... Probably.
    I am sure they will get a +1 version like everyone else.

    And should the AF2 and AF3 become 119 without the 109 step... (remember, AF3 goes from shit to +1 and then to +2... so there's no reason to assume they won't arbitrarily force a X->109->119 as well... they certainly seem to be wanting to add more grind to Adoulin.)
    This isn't as bad as you make it sound, more grind is what we need, no one is doing anything because everyone is finished with the content, that's why shouts have been dead for weeks. The game has been more lively on Phoenix in the last week than the previous month all together.
    Then what we're gonna be looking at is probably just what we had before Adoulin: AF3 head, AF3 body, AF2 hands, AF3 legs, AF3 feet.
    Now with the 109AF1 stats... the feet and head might turn out to exceed the 119AF3 slots for those pieces.....
    But chances are, they will just wind up being the same best slot items for SMN like they have been for ever.
    (And poor Nares Sheraweels ppl... >_> There would be no comparison with a 119AF3...)
    That's what I mean, your looking at the same gear as before but better, which means all of the old best Empyrean and Relic stuff will probably pop out on top again if they do it right. Though SMN is questionable due to the Skirmish gear I suppose.

    EDIT: OMG.... Just realized... 119... all that +smn skill...
    The mythical 600+...
    Alexander...
    >_>
    Dear Mother of God.
    Don't get your hopes up, most skill enhancements for AF went up by 2~5, not 10~20, so you could end up disappointing yourself needlessly.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast