Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Character
    Ravenns
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamarsamar View Post
    I want to get Excalibur pretty much just because it's mother*wark* Excalibur! But that means nothing if I can hypothetically get a better/equivalent Sword for far less effort (and without it looking like an ugly blue airplane), because then why bother?
    Then you never really wanted it. It is slightly better then the runner up and it shows just how much you love the job just the way it was at 75 were people laughed at plds for making it over shield. Only a couple relics were worth in under old dyna when you had to play more human resources then the game. All the other relics and mystics at 75 were trophy items when you took in account all the effort vs reward. Think back how many people loled at someone for making a GS over scythe or polearm at all. Thfs with relic performed the job they were asked to do no better then non relic thf since all they had to do was poke the mob and get kicked but there were thfs that still made it and took pride in the fact they made something that for group content didn't give them much of if any leg up over the other thfs that just had maxed TH.

What made relics so dirt common was the easy at which you could obtain them after the changes to dyna. I don't care that you think a 3 month solo grind is long and hard it is still far easier and incredibly less stressful the building one under the old system. Trophy items exist to give the hardcore players something to grind towards not something the rank and file to realistically aim for in any speed that they would find reasonable, really it is MMO dev 101. You have hardcore players that just eat content at a speed you could never produce enough for so you give them a long grind to keep them playing.
    (0)

Character
    Tamarsamar
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    I know how to read, so there's no need to repeat yourself. I also know that Joytoy was the "serious" sword at 75, so in essence yes I wanted it for the trophy factor more than anything serious.

The problem is that was then, and this is now. Even as "just" a trophy item, SE keeps making bigger and shinier "trophies," with less effort required to get them. This is a valid point to complain about.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    I love back in 2006 when they said Mythics would be the casual-player's alternative to Relic weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armando
    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
    FFXI Official Forums in a nutshell:

Quote Originally Posted by saevel
    The stupid is strong here.

Character
    Ravenns
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Not really. Relics are right were they should be now. Thing is people been wanting old 75 era game back and guess what SE gave you all just that now deal with it.
    (1)

Character
    Tamarsamar
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenmore View Post
    Not really. Relics are right were they should be now.
    This is where we disagree. While the power level of Relic weapons are, ultimately, about where they should be right now, the effort required to get them isn't anywhere near matching.

Thing is people been wanting old 75 era game back and guess what SE gave you all just that now deal with it.
    Also, this particular straw man doesn't apply to me at all. For a variety of reasons, I'm glad that the game changed with the risings of the level cap (how the game changed, of course, could use some work).
    (1)

Character
    Ravenns
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    This is where we disagree. While the power level of Relic weapons are, ultimately, about where they should be right now, the effort required to get them isn't anywhere near matching.

Also, this particular straw man doesn't apply to me at all. For a variety of reasons, I'm glad that the game changed with the risings of the level cap (how the game changed, of course, could use some work).
    Game is limited in what they can do and SE has given people almost everything they have asked for. Hell delve is exactly what the players asked for. Harder fights able to grind points to get rewards after beating once they even dumbed it down after only a short while. Really though the only people that have any right to complain about how hard they worked for relics are those who built them with out abusing a LS and ran a fair and decent Dyna LS back in the day. Because no matter how much work you think it is now only just helping with the herding of the cats for a dyna LS it is no where near what it used to be.

Where SE messed up really is listening to the player base at all. Everything that has came with SoA is what the player base ask for. I know im repeating this over and over but for goodness sake it's the truth. A small group of players hated and were very vocal about the amount of gear swapping we get stat vomit. Other wanted a return to alliance based content after abyssea we got it. People wanted more grind we get it, people complained delve was to hard they nerfed it. Rewards took to long skirmish has direct drops and trade in with drop rates never really seen for a event before and it is "can do it in your sleep" easy. The RNG is only for the augments but the base gear is so good that even oif you don't get perfect augments on the gear it's still good.

So the player base is to blame for everything just as is SE for listening to them in the first place. If they remove the last bit of hardcore content what is left for them. So SE is trying to please everyone and listening to the players far more then they should. Keep saying straw man but if you look back at older post from the end of abyssea up to now you can pick out everything that was asked that is now in game in some form. The only thing they haven't given is reduction REM items.
    (1)

I find it hard to see which side of the debate you are on. If you want the relic weapon, go make it. If you don't want the relic weapon, go find something else to use. It's that simple. Raven is absolutely correct in that the RMEs are right where they need to be now. Back to the grindstone for those that like showing off their Epeen.

SE has, and will continue too, to make content for the quick gamer and the grind gamer. That has been evident since the initial inclusion of RME upgrades and similar systems for gear. SOA is no different... you want something comparable to a RME, get a Delve weapon. If you want something slightly better, work on a RME and see in 4-12months.

SE brought back mindless grinding you all wanted and now you complain about it... Makes this taru laugh pretty hard. GL to you and your pockets
    (6)

Character
    Kaeviathan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Just posting to remind the developers that the concept for 300 X items for ilevel 119 R/M/E is terrible. I do not want to wait for months, or years, for the items to be affordable. I already cancelled one account, one more bad decision you guys make and I'll just gonna call it quits. So get your act together.

P.S. I am not willing to devote my time killing Matamata to farm my items, and very much less to invite my friends to join me in a "rinse and repeat" situation.
    (1)
    Last edited by Kaeviathan; 11-25-2013 at 06:25 AM.

Character
    Zoop
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    i don't except this statement that its our fault se made this a grind because we asked for it, frankly even if we did its been so badly implemented if boggles the mind. so what do we have so far, rme weapons that were the best but took a long time to get, se introduce better weapons that for many were easier to get.
    RME owners complained.
    So for many people here the logical thing to do would be to introduce a short quick quest to bring them back on par with dev weapons and then introduce a more grind development system going forward.

Did they do this? no. all they did was piss of the RME people even more.
    (1)

9. 11-25-2013 10:59 AM

Character
    Ravenns
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggs View Post
    i don't except this statement that its our fault se made this a grind because we asked for it, frankly even if we did its been so badly implemented if boggles the mind. so what do we have so far, rme weapons that were the best but took a long time to get, se introduce better weapons that for many were easier to get.
    RME owners complained.
    So for many people here the logical thing to do would be to introduce a short quick quest to bring them back on par with dev weapons and then introduce a more grind development system going forward.

Did they do this? no. all they did was piss of the RME people even more.
    Relics became far to common and could be made solo in little time. Now few will be able to make them fast and the rest will take longer. So yes the root of the problem is SE for the dyna revamps making relics soloable and it is not logical at all for a fast quest to be back on top or on par just would mean more work later on for a MMO with a small staff. You all forget this game is paid for and would even make a good profit with only a couple servers of players, not to mention this no longer their flag ship MMO. Most likely there is many in SE that would like nothing more then the game to die off so any threats of leaving doesn't worry SE at all most of you will end up on 14 anyway. Don't believe me the fanbase has already shown they are blind little lemmings and anything with the name Final fantasy on it will sell and people will play.

Stompa if you know so many people that have no LS to help with farming reforge items why not team up and do the normal runs and if everyone takes one orb you can get many drops in a short amount of time. You get personal drops from each orb used plus the loot pool. You also seem to be forgetting that what you are talking about with the proc system you needed a blm, whm, nin and blu to hit all the procs in abyssea. You could change out the nin with thf for TH and hope the blu had enough M.acc to hit nin drk or had a drink on them. If you didn't have proc it was a long grind for those as well if you soloed them. So it wasn't as easy as you seem to be remembering. People could be waiting to see if they will allow exchanges with old seals before joining pugs. But really at normal the fights are no harder then they were at 75 if you have wkr and skirmish II gear. If you don't even have that how lazy can one get. Skirmish is so mind numbing easy that anyone in byald gear can do T2 or even T3 with out much effort. Then back at 75 with old af it could take a lot of effort trying to get help with some of the more annoying AF fights more so if you were doing them at level on your first job.

You may call it a straw man but people whine and complained about how easy it was to get emp armor even to +2 it. What were you doing when people were saying all that, were you telling them it was a good idea that it was easy and that how the game should be or were in enjoying the game while they were on here being vocal.
    (0)

Character
    Kaeviathan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    These upgrades should have been quested instead of what they have implemented (Upgraded AFs should also have been quested also). This whole SCNM and buying x 300 items shows that they lack any motivations to be creative. No one wants to put up with doing something very tedious. The games has changed drastically over the recent years, so the grind mindset should have too.

I would like to own mythic great Katana or a empyrean katana, but, the process in obtaining one is too outrageous. There is nothing challenging in obtaining one, It's pure time consuming. When i see someone with an ilevel 119 R/M/E, i don't congratulate them for their success, rather I congratulate them for putting up with you all (the developers).
    (5)

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast