Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    Character
    Ravenns
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeviathan View Post
    These upgrades should have been quested instead of what they have implemented (Upgraded AFs should also have been quested also). This whole SCNM and buying x 300 items shows that they lack any motivations to be creative. No one wants to put up with doing something very tedious. The games has changed drastically over the recent years, so the grind mindset should have too.

I would like to own mythic great Katana or a empyrean katana, but, the process in obtaining one is too outrageous. There is nothing challenging in obtaining one, It's pure time consuming. When i see someone with an ilevel 119 R/M/E, i don't congratulate them for their success, rather I congratulate them for putting up with you all (the developers).
    That has been the way game has always been and you expect it to change now of all times with a skeleton crew and lower ranking devs that didn't get picked for 14 or some who are pulling double duty. People were saying how much unused content there is, we'll SE did the right thing and is using it. Really if they make the exchange possible in the dec update you won't be complaining then.
    (3)

Character
    Anjou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 60
    I'd complain then, there's more to do with a story than a mere "Hey peasant, go get me these items and make it snappy"
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Anjou View Post
    I'd complain then, there's more to do with a story than a mere "Hey peasant, go get me these items and make it snappy"
    If you're looking for gear rewarded by story, wipe your characters memory of all the AF quests and go do those again. These were the only relevant pieces obtained through this method. All other gear obtained afterwards was either; kill a bunch of mob until something you need drops or go collect me X-number of 'This' and I'll give you 'That'... which in turn happens to be more killing a bunch of mobs until something you need drops. The game has always been a grind, no matter how big or small. This includes RMEs, which at its very core, is meant to be a grind. This is to keep the players interested so they feel like they have some satisfaction at the end of the whole process.

Really, SE has been playing the 'Peasant, get it Snappy' game ever since... Relics? Yeah, that sounds right.
    (3)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    You want story for each job, each piece of gear? Does it really make sense to invest their efforts into gear that may be obsoleted a few updates later?

If the devs were forced to add a story to gear, they'd probably be introducing relic +2 right around now.

I don't know why people are upset with fetching and collecting. That's what an MMO is.
    (4)

Character
    Ravenns
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Yeah thing is we got the story the first time not much to add to it. Like the post above have stated, why invest all that time into 20 different stories that not only have to be written they have to be programed and tested. That is far more work then the way they went. Even if somehow they didn't outdate them in a couple months it would still be a huge waste of resources for a game that is getting very little. The FFXI you look back at with Rose tinted glasses never existed in the first place you were just to green and new to know better.
    (0)

Character
    Anjou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenmore View Post
    Yeah thing is we got the story the first time not much to add to it. Like the post above have stated, why invest all that time into 20 different stories that not only have to be written they have to be programed and tested. That is far more work then the way they went. Even if somehow they didn't outdate them in a couple months it would still be a huge waste of resources for a game that is getting very little. The FFXI you look back at with Rose tinted glasses never existed in the first place you were just to green and new to know better.
    I never said the stories had to be unique, can be the same damn thing that after the first time, the cs' become skipped. Just going to get the items is dull, at least -something- explaining who this NPC is is at least amusing. I do not look back at the game with rose tinted glasses, I look back when thegame wasn't crap, and yes I have the right to leave whenever I choose, but I'm waiting to see what happens this December 11th before that decision is made.
    (1)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    So, my friend who is terrible at making money is nearly halfway to his 119 Masamune. He owes his success to the tried-and-true method of making an effort and not just sitting on his ass complaining about it. Seriously, if this guy can do it, anybody can do it if they try.
    (5)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    Thank you.

This will stop people from trying to sell pouches of the items for a higher average value the average amount of items inside in their bazaars
    One of us is misunderstanding this. I think they mean that like Alex and Plates, when you open it, it shows the amount that were inside, not that it shows the amount inside before opening it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamarsamar View Post
    Pardon me if I'm being naive here, but unless I'm mistaken, the update to RMEs still doesn't come even close to resolving the enormous effort/reward schism between the RMEs themselves and the Delve weapons. True, it makes them as powerful as the Delve weapons, more or less. Sidegrades, if you will.
    The way it needed to be, no one wants to return to RME Only shouts, no one, and if they were miles ahead, we know that's all that would happen as soon as a few months pass and a ton of people have level 119s who want them.

Quote Originally Posted by Umichi View Post
    The final fantasy series has always been about reinventing the wheel. It's why most of their games are popular.
    Your post makes no sense, they did something stupid, they made a few pouch like items without doing the same thing with it that they do with every other pouch. Its like multiple buying options. Why must we ask every single time to be able to buy multiple at once!? Forbidden Keys, 1 at a time, had to ask for the choice to buy in multiples. Glasses in Adoulin, same deal, started as single, had to ask for multiple. Seals from Login Campaigns... well, I think you get my point. They keep reinventing the same thing over and over, not in a good way, not with innovation, they just remake the same old thing with the same old flaws and a new name stuck to it, a week later, they say they understand we want a change, then the next update adds something that should have been done in the first place because it should have been expected after having done it in the past with items that worked nearly exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamarsamar View Post
    I want to get Excalibur pretty much just because it's mother*wark* Excalibur! But that means nothing if I can hypothetically get a better/equivalent Sword for far less effort (and without it looking like an ugly blue airplane), because then why bother?
    If it were any other weapon or job, I would say maybe you have a point, but no, the point for any Dual Wield job is that you get a much better off-hand which does actually boost your DMG quite a nice bit. But either way, if you want Excalibur just because its Excalibur, then the fact you can get a Buramenk'ah so easily should not matter, it does not make an Excalibur become an Almace, its still Excalibur, and it has a lot of use still, arguably more than some other RMEs since other RMEs which are 2-handed are not as much of an upgrade to the job as 1-handed jobs, since 1-handeds without it are using a 119 and 115~118 or under.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenmore View Post
    Not really. Relics are right were they should be now. Thing is people been wanting old 75 era game back and guess what SE gave you all just that now deal with it.
    Agreed, good enough to be on top, not good enough to make everything else look bad by compare. The power is just right.

Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    So, my friend who is terrible at making money is nearly halfway to his 119 Masamune. He owes his success to the tried-and-true method of making an effort and not just sitting on his ass complaining about it. Seriously, if this guy can do it, anybody can do it if they try.
    Wish him best of luck!
    (3)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    Considering the current requirements of going from 90 to 99, I think I'd rather not even try. D:

(Referring to the state of Voidwatch etc.)

However, had I actually done Voidwatch, upgraded my weapons to level 99, and procured Seekers of Adoulin, I think I would not see the 300 items too bad, really, considering how commonly available they seem to be. Yes, it's obviously out of proportions when compared to the Menace Inspect— I mean Delve weapons, but I don't care about that too much I guess... They made it clear that they wanted to toss them out the window, so meh!

Until they make Mythics a reasonable thing to go for, I don't see things like this unexpected... sadly.

I'm sure it could be worse. ^^;
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    Considering the current requirements of going from 90 to 99, I think I'd rather not even try. D:
    This is a fair assessment and we players must constantly make decisions about whether this, that, or the other thing are worth our time and effort. It's not a bad thing if you feel like your time is better spent doing other things, this game is supposed to cater to as wide an audience as possible. Rather, my point was that none of these hurdles are insurmountable (although I feel like the riftcinder stage of Empyrean weapons is about as close as it gets).
    (1)

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9