Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by predatory View Post
    You have a post count of 4258 posts on feedback forums and I'm the fool?
    Petty attacks, you can do better than that.
    (5)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by predatory View Post
    Lol if this was such a great idea, why didn't anyone come back to take advantage of it? Could it be possible that RME owners who haven't returned haven't returned because they already paid their dues on their weapons and don't feel like spending another few months rebuilding them? While you guys cheer SE on in this you're giving them the idea they are doing it right, but if they were the servers would be filling back up rather than bleeding out. If you guys really want to save this game and make it last a few more years, then you need to stop being head cheerleaders for massive fuck ups. We need to point the developers in a direction that's going to make people like me that want content vs time sinks back to the game, and there are alot of us out there. The only reason I post on these boards is to let them know they are headed in the wrong direction to bring us back, and hopefully they get it right soon, because I would love nothing more than to play the game again, but I refuse to pay for a broken product, and this is definitely a broken product. You know how you can tell it's broken? Me and 1600 other people left because of the SoA fuck up, and they think we are going to come back because they make an update where we can upgrade our af to geo run af levels but only if we spent 20x the time involved getting geo and run af sets, or people who left that built rme's will come back so they can spend another 6 months upgrading them. Get it now? They fucked up and before anyone will come back they need to fix the flaw, you guys who are telling them they are doing it right, are obviously in the minority, because me and 1600 na prime time players on each server say they're doing it wrong. You may post here on these boards a lot, but you are in the minority

edited because this whole conversation pisses me off and if I said what I really meant to say they'd probably perma-ban me

well it's a good thing it's their game and they can do w/e they want with it right?
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by FaeQueenCory View Post
    I was arguing that what was healthy before was that there were viable and equal alternatives to get you to "the best weapon in the game."

Don't like Dynamis? Make an Empy.
    Don't like NM camping? Make a relic.
    Alexandrite? Relics and Empys exist.

All three were functionally interchangeable... and thusly, more people had access to "being teh best" by the virtue of alternatives.
    Obviously there are exceptions... Like Gungnir... Or Claustrum.... Poor super-crappy relics...
    But now.... It's all funneled into Delve.
    Which is an event that excludes just over half the playable jobs in the game. (mnk, sch, drk&sam, drg, whm, brd, cor, geo... that's pretty much it... 9/22)

Sure, one can argue that there's a BCNM that you can farm too... but unless you're seeing the comparable drop rates to 6NMs dropping 1+ per kill....
    Then that's not a real viable alternative.

It's not an argument over which gives you more money base or dreamworld dynamis...
    It's an argument for the NM camping to make an Empy over being forced into any dynamis area to make a Relic.

THAT's what had contributed so much to FFXI's longevity... Or at least a part of it anyways. (and Hater's gonna hate... but Abyssea didn't kill off server populations.)
    Funneling the REM update through delve is exactly like not updating the REMs in the first place... because it tells you "go-play-delve-NOW!"

Some people don't like Delve.
    Some people (this is me) don't like the people who play Delve. (I've met too many dbags and not enough nice ppl in Delve, endgame has always brought out the worst in ppl... but not like Delve.)
    And then there are those that just don't have access to the means to get to Delve.

Making the drops be sellable is good... but, again, not all of us have 400M to blow on these items.

And it's... almost adorable... this update for the REMs... because I can see why the devs did it like this instead of just adding to the translurry table.
    It's part of the critical failure that they have at understanding the human emotional attachment to the REMs...
    They discarded them because they didn't understand that humans create an emotional bond with something that they spend a lot of time with (see GLaDOS and the Companion Cube).
    But what the Devs saw when they saw ppl wanting their friends back... was the timesink.
    It seems that a lot of ppl are taking this update as a slap in the face...
    But I'm sure it wasn't meant as such...

In fact I'm pretty sure... No. I am 100% sure that they Powers that Be thought that this 300 BS item farm was JUST what people were asking for...
    TBH, I don't think there'd have been much backlash had the number been something "big but reasonable" like 50 or even 100.
    Sure there'd be bitching and moaning... but there'd be a BUNCH of support for it.... at least more than there seems to be now.

And if the 300 BS item were to be maintained... Had these items been "the new geodes/-ites" that drop off of any Adoulin mob but drop in troves in Delve...
    Then I don't think there'd be as much resentment either. (That'd be a dreamworld vs normal Dynamis debate/choice.)

One of the reasons for the backlash against requiring to do delve is the ease in which the delve 119 weapons can be gotten.
    A "why spend a month getting 300 thingies when I can just spend an hour and have a w/e"...
    Other reasons are what I've already mentioned above this "paragraph."

On that note... I actually think the effort might be worth it... all REMs have that +30% damage... so... theoretically... 119 REMs might just blow all the current 119 weapons out of the water...
    We won't know for a bit.
    But I suspect that the 119REMs will out perform the 119 MegaBoss drops.

It's sadly adorable imo that the Devs thought that the grind is what people missed from the REMs...
    But then again...
    It seems like the REMs are also the "red headed stepchild".

Let us look at the "legitimate children" who got their iLvs boosted: the skirmish weapons.
    IMO, I say that they Yorcia skirmish was probably the BEST thing to happen to Adoulin.
    Because it turned these crappy 105 weapons into weapons that were comparable to Delve 113 weapons. (This is also an example of alternative variety. You don't have to Delve to have a 113 weapon anymore.)
    And the process of upgrading them was a simple: Trade <item>; check KI: 1/0; if;then spawn <item+1>

And what's even better, is that due to the augments... a skirmish 113 weapon or a 113 delve weapon can be used based upon a player's gear and playstyle.
    Some setups the Delve will be superior, others, the skirmish...
    But for all intents and purposes... the difference between them is negligible.
    (Again, player agency comes to bear here. For instance, I prefer the straight +10str and +acc from a rank15 Bereaver over a comparably augmented Crobaci+1. But I'm Elvaan so... a higher acc from more "fake" skill and augments is more important to me than that sweet +2% DA that comes with the trade offs of higher base dmg and longer delay... There are strengths and weaknesses to using each of these 113 GSs... but it's ultimately up to playstyle and player agency to pick which to use.)

I could argue that the reason why REMs didn't use the simple updater of the translurry is because they are the "redheaded stepchild"...
    But that would be wrong I think... I mean... maybe that is why they did it the way they did...
    But I honestly believe that they believed they were giving the people what they wanted: a 300 BS item grind.

Because I honestly think that the Powers that Be believed that the complaints against the REM-outdate was a lack of magian trial grinding in Adoulin.

Last thing: Is anyone else worried about Afterglow? I don't even actually think I've seen one... But... I think we might have broken things... Or at least I hope the devs realized this too...
    What happens when I make my 99REM a 119REM... and then want to Afterglow it?
    Can... that even be done anymore using a 119 version?
    Someone needs to find that out because....
    That's kinda a big thing to no longer be able to do... >_>
    Also last I checked when these weapons were released they were top shelf weapons... that usually required doing what was the current endgame to even have a remote chance at getting them... why should you have the best weapon in the game if you don't work the hardest for it?
    (4)

Greetings,

There have been some comments requesting to make it so all pouches of items that are used to enhance relic, mythic, and empyrean weapons display the number of items when the pouch is opened, mainly so when leaders open them up everyone knows the exact number.

While this is currently possible with pouches of alexandrite, which uses a specialized process, we will look into a system that will allow this number to be displayed for all of the other items as well.

Please give us a bit of time before we can implement this.
    (17)

Okipuit - Community Team

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    That is a good idea.
    (2)

Yeah that would be helpful.
    (2)

Character
    Bukadan
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Players that aren't skilled and experienced at their jobs should not be allowed to mindlessly farm the best gear among the fastest and best. You're either good enough or not. Work with what you are given, be able to adapt quickly to things, and go out there and get what you want because if you want it bad enough, why would you let shitty requirements get in your way?
    (0)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Here's a better idea. Make delve mobs have a chance to drop singles, NM's inside the fracture always drop a pouch, delve NM's outside the fracture have a chance to drop a pouch or singles, and bosses drop HQ a pouch (1-50 items perhaps).
    (1)

Character
    Frod
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    Greetings,

There have been some comments requesting to make it so all pouches of items that are used to enhance relic, mythic, and empyrean weapons display the number of items when the pouch is opened, mainly so when leaders open them up everyone knows the exact number.

While this is currently possible with pouches of alexandrite, which uses a specialized process, we will look into a system that will allow this number to be displayed for all of the other items as well.

Please give us a bit of time before we can implement this.
    While you're at it, can you let us list Dynamis currency, Alexandrite, Heavy metal plates, and the new stones, as well as their pouch equivalents on the auction house?
    (3)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post

How about asking the dev team to re-use stuff that works instead of re-inventing the wheel every time they design new content. Its mind-boggling how these new pouches arent basically just a copy/paste of alexandrite pouches anyway. That's the bigger problem here.
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast