Quote Originally Posted by Tamarsamar View Post
I want to get Excalibur pretty much just because it's mother*wark* Excalibur! But that means nothing if I can hypothetically get a better/equivalent Sword for far less effort (and without it looking like an ugly blue airplane), because then why bother?
Then you never really wanted it. It is slightly better then the runner up and it shows just how much you love the job just the way it was at 75 were people laughed at plds for making it over shield. Only a couple relics were worth in under old dyna when you had to play more human resources then the game. All the other relics and mystics at 75 were trophy items when you took in account all the effort vs reward. Think back how many people loled at someone for making a GS over scythe or polearm at all. Thfs with relic performed the job they were asked to do no better then non relic thf since all they had to do was poke the mob and get kicked but there were thfs that still made it and took pride in the fact they made something that for group content didn't give them much of if any leg up over the other thfs that just had maxed TH.

What made relics so dirt common was the easy at which you could obtain them after the changes to dyna. I don't care that you think a 3 month solo grind is long and hard it is still far easier and incredibly less stressful the building one under the old system. Trophy items exist to give the hardcore players something to grind towards not something the rank and file to realistically aim for in any speed that they would find reasonable, really it is MMO dev 101. You have hardcore players that just eat content at a speed you could never produce enough for so you give them a long grind to keep them playing.