Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodnon View Post
    While you're at it, can you let us list Dynamis currency, Alexandrite, Heavy metal plates, and the new stones, as well as their pouch equivalents on the auction house?
    People will use AH bots and you'll never get the discount you're looking for.
    (3)

Player
    Not about wanting a discount, it's mainly about getting inventory back, being able to sell without having to bazaar/shout for days.

And being able to buy without tracking down random people.

While we're requesting things from the AH, how about more than 7 items sellable, just sayin.
    (2)
    Last edited by Karah; 11-17-2013 at 01:35 PM.

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karah View Post
    Not about wanting a discount, it's mainly about getting inventory back, being able to sell without having to bazaar/shout for days.

And being able to buy without tracking down random people.

While we're requesting things from the AH, how about more than 7 items sellable, just sayin.
    You're either going to have to sell singles or stacks. You'll never be able to put all your currency on the AH at one time and you can already consolidate your currency of a given type down to two slots (singles and hundreds). How much inventory are you really saving?
    (1)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    Greetings,

There have been some comments requesting to make it so all pouches of items that are used to enhance relic, mythic, and empyrean weapons display the number of items when the pouch is opened, mainly so when leaders open them up everyone knows the exact number.

While this is currently possible with pouches of alexandrite, which uses a specialized process, we will look into a system that will allow this number to be displayed for all of the other items as well.

Please give us a bit of time before we can implement this.
    Thank you.

This will stop people from trying to sell pouches of the items for a higher average value the average amount of items inside in their bazaars
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    You're either going to have to sell singles or stacks. You'll never be able to put all your currency on the AH at one time and you can already consolidate your currency of a given type down to two slots (singles and hundreds). How much inventory are you really saving?
    Quite a bit actually, generally I wait until I have 10 99 stacks to convert them into 100 pieces, not that I would bother ah'ing them as I'm one of the 24/7 Elite Statues that bazaars said items, but it could be beneficial to others who lack this capability.
    (0)

Character
    Tamarsamar
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    Pardon me if I'm being naive here, but unless I'm mistaken, the update to RMEs still doesn't come even close to resolving the enormous effort/reward schism between the RMEs themselves and the Delve weapons. True, it makes them as powerful as the Delve weapons, more or less. Sidegrades, if you will.

Quite frankly, this is the exact same trap SE fell in to when they first released the Empyrean weapons: they release a new batch of overpowered weapons that's both more powerful and easier to acquire than the Relic/Mythic weapons. They gave Relic/Mythics Magian Trials to play catch-up, and eventually Heavy Metal Plates (and so on) were introduced as a bottleneck so that everybody and their mother wouldn't have what were (in general) the best weapons in the game. Eventually, Empyrean weapons settled to be more-or-less on-par (but still coming out a bit ahead on average) with Relic and Mythic weapons in terms of effort put in compared to reward received, and the playerbase was more-or-less satisfied . . .

. . . and then Delve happened. Rinse and repeat.

(Quite funny, thinking back on it. Back then I had advocated weakening the Empyrean weapons themselves, but SE then and now seems way too trigger-shy to nerf much of anything--especially anything that deserves it! So now we even have a whole new system where "Item levels" go up so far as 119 with content being designed to match . . . it's an arms race that's spiraling out of control! As excited as I was for SoA, I am now actually happy that I did not have the opportunity to pre-order it, as I am now withholding my purchase in protest of all this nonsense. Accordingly, I've also been playing more sparingly, but that's been more due to shifting my priorities around . . . okay, aside over.)

Let's just face the facts here: to have a weapon on par with a Delve weapon, you could . . .

* Go through the already notorious processes of acquiring a RME weapon.
    * Do every Magian Trial required to level them up to 99.
    * Then do Delve anyway (or some kind of ridiculous alternative).
    * Then Delve (or ridiculous alternative) some more for the final quest.
    * Get your 119 weapon.

Or, you could . . .

* Do Delve.
    * Delve some more.
    * Get your 119 weapon.

Something's gotta give. Or so the legend says.
    (3)
    Last edited by Tamarsamar; 11-17-2013 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Perhaps all this nonsense could've been avoided if SE simply let newer jobs use older ultimate weapons . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    I love back in 2006 when they said Mythics would be the casual-player's alternative to Relic weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armando
    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
    FFXI Official Forums in a nutshell:

Quote Originally Posted by saevel
    The stupid is strong here.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Raksha View Post
    How about asking the dev team to re-use stuff that works instead of re-inventing the wheel every time they design new content. Its mind-boggling how these new pouches arent basically just a copy/paste of alexandrite pouches anyway. That's the bigger problem here.
    The final fantasy series has always been about reinventing the wheel. It's why most of their games are popular.
    (1)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Umichi View Post
    The final fantasy series has always been about reinventing the wheel. It's why most of their games are popular.
    In fairness, it's also why some of them are perceived in a mixed or negative light.
    (4)

Character
    Ravenns
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamarsamar View Post
    Pardon me if I'm being naive here, but unless I'm mistaken, the update to RMEs still doesn't come even close to resolving the enormous effort/reward schism between the RMEs themselves and the Delve weapons. True, it makes them as powerful as the Delve weapons, more or less. Sidegrades, if you will.

Quite frankly, this is the exact same trap SE fell in to when they first released the Empyrean weapons: they release a new batch of overpowered weapons that's both more powerful and easier to acquire than the Relic/Mythic weapons. They gave Relic/Mythics Magian Trials to play catch-up, and eventually Heavy Metal Plates (and so on) were introduced as a bottleneck so that everybody and their mother wouldn't have what were (in general) the best weapons in the game. Eventually, Empyrean weapons settled to be more-or-less on-par (but still coming out a bit ahead on average) with Relic and Mythic weapons in terms of effort put in compared to reward received, and the playerbase was more-or-less satisfied . . .

. . . and then Delve happened. Rinse and repeat.

(Quite funny, thinking back on it. Back then I had advocated weakening the Empyrean weapons themselves, but SE then and now seems way too trigger-shy to nerf much of anything--especially anything that deserves it! So now we even have a whole new system where "Item levels" go up so far as 119 with content being designed to match . . . it's an arms race that's spiraling out of control! As excited as I was for SoA, I am now actually happy that I did not have the opportunity to pre-order it, as I am now withholding my purchase in protest of all this nonsense. Accordingly, I've also been playing more sparingly, but that's been more due to shifting my priorities around . . . okay, aside over.)

Let's just face the facts here: to have a weapon on par with a Delve weapon, you could . . .

* Go through the already notorious processes of acquiring a RME weapon.
    * Do every Magian Trial required to level them up to 99.
    * Then do Delve anyway (or some kind of ridiculous alternative).
    * Then Delve (or ridiculous alternative) some more for the final quest.
    * Get your 119 weapon.

Or, you could . . .

* Do Delve.
    * Delve some more.
    * Get your 119 weapon.

Something's gotta give. Or so the legend says.

And other mmos have long grinds for just for just cosmetic. The relics are back where they should be a huge grind you can hold over someone else but not automatically be better then them when it came to doing your role. At 75 and old dyna many were not worth playing FFXI human resources to get a shell to farm up the currency or convincing people to keep grinding cities when all they needed was northlands gear. Even the more dreaded self funded bought all and merc the fights. So get used to it this has been the way it has always been. Franky if dyna hadn't been changed none of this REM crap would be happening now. What changed was even with no gil you could still solo the currency and sell what you didn't need to either cover cost or speed it up with buying currency. If that had never happen most of the Relics holders would be saying let them die since they wouldn't have one.
    (0)

Character
    Tamarsamar
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenmore View Post
    If that had never happen most of the Relics holders would be saying let them die since they wouldn't have one.
    I want to get Excalibur pretty much just because it's mother*wark* Excalibur! But that means nothing if I can hypothetically get a better/equivalent Sword for far less effort (and without it looking like an ugly blue airplane), because then why bother?
    (0)

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast