Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FaeQueenCory View Post
    Bluh... XP
    I hate trudging through those menus... Was hoping for a quick and easy "yes, they are there #s X-X" or w/e.
    It's certainly not fun! At least with the new UI, there will be lots more space in those menus so that one can see more at once, but I digress!

To expand upon the trials a little bit, if you didn't check them yet, there are simply additional trials to be taken for those higher level versions of the weapons, and the requirements are the same as for the trials that existed before.
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    It's certainly not fun! At least with the new UI, there will be lots more space in those menus so that one can see more at once, but I digress!

To expand upon the trials a little bit, if you didn't check them yet, there are simply additional trials to be taken for those higher level versions of the weapons, and the requirements are the same as for the trials that existed before.
    Yeah, I've looked now. (not at the 119->119afterglow, but with the [ ] weapons.)
    And it's especially not fun because of that "please wait a moment" huge lag between trials.
    16g ram... fastest internet available... still takes like a minute for the next trials to load... (it's really the main reason why I asked lol... none of the wikis have been updated for either yet, and I usually default to them to look up trials instead of navigating the in game menu...)

Are they.... gonna give those WoE cheap weapons names?
    (0)

Character
    Predatory
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    This was a crappy deal all the way around, but probably more so for the people who decided to farm and buy dynamis coins etc for Relics, and do the Magian trials for Empys, AFTER SE announced they were going to fix the R/M/Es. The reason I specified after is because once it was made known that the R/M/Es were definitely going to be upgraded they hustled out there and busted ass farming and camping etc to get it done in just a couple of short months rather than doing it leisurely like a lot of the people who already had those weapons did, and after they'd blown their fortunes, and worked tirelessly for just a few short months getting them done in time for the upgrade, SE pulls this maneuver on everyone. That isn't to say I don't feel bad for the people that already had them, but I think a lot of the R/M/E owners had already written them off as a lost cause, and had moved on to delve weapons, I know quite a few people who were building them simply because they didn't have the "right" jobs leveled to get into delve, or they'd leveled the "right" job so they could get into delve, but didn't have delve gear so no reindeer games for them. A few people I knew on Bahamut viewed it as a way for them to get the weapons they wanted for their jobs after all, and it's really sad that SE gave them, (and everyone who had them before SoA), such a hard slap in the face for all the time and effort put into this
    (2)

Character
    Mefuki
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    SE had 4 options at this point that I can think of:

1) Don't update RME.

2) Update them automatically after a version update.

3) Update RME but allow us to make them not as good/as good as the highest damage weapons in the game.

4) Update them and allow us to make them the best weapons in the game (as far as I know), but only slightly better (I've been reading ~5% on some).

Out of all the avenues they could have took, they chose the best one given the position they were in. We were upset that RME were outclassed in the first place so if they took option 1, we we wouldn't have been pleased. We made that know to them quite clearly. Option 2 would have been the lazy, short term solution. We would have been pleased initially as we continued to stand around Adoulin, having nothing to work toward because we suddenly have the best weapons in the game (which we had already told them were at the heart of so much endgame activity thus far). Option 3 wouldn't have helped anything because hardly anyone would do the work to make a weapon that was inferior to a Delve one.

Option 4 has the capacity to rejuvenate a lot of the old endgame areas, bolster economic stability and give us something to work toward again (which was something people were complaining about quite a bit). You want to talk about Effort - Reward systems? That's what this is. Like I said before, I'd agree with you that if these items were EX items that only came from Delve it'd be terrible but they come from other places and are sellable. Which means that there are different ways to get the items you need. You can make Gil (i.e. points) to earn the items that way if you really wanted to. Option 4 was the one of the best things they could have done to help the game continue to stabilize.

People have been saying, "great, now I have 5+ weapons to work on. This is stupid." Who says you have to update them all. Who says you have to update any of them. The different between RME and Delve is 5% or so I've read in RME's favour. Enough that it's actually worth working toward but not enough that you couldn't get by with other weapons (not at all like when Delve weapons came out which had 40% or so on people's then useless RME.)

And now they're talking about trying to make future gear a little more lateral rather than vertical? That's great. A lot of us were complaining about that too. So, far from a "slap in the face", a lot (not all) of this update was SE saying, "You're right, that was dumb. We'll try to get the game back on track".
    (7)
    Last edited by Mefuki; 11-11-2013 at 01:00 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkovChain View Post
    Well then why complaining if you are ok with a weapon that is slighly worse than RME ? The main avantage I see with the current game is that new players are not left out while old players are not left out either. At the same time there is still a hierarchy between weapons, which is necessary in an MMO. Math say for instance that spharai and vere are roughly 5% better damage than oat. For some it's too little to be worth it. Ok. For other more dedicated people, they will have to upgrade it through a process that is not really tedious unlike what has been said (I'm already 113/300 after 6-7 hours of doing delve 6-man style, someone that plays serisouly every day will probably need 2 to 3 weeks only).
    I completely agree with this, if your argument is why spend hours doing RMEs when you can spend an hour doing Delve for Oats, why do you care in the first place? Oats are not as good, either that means cut your losses, save your time, and get your Oats, or spend your time getting the better weapon and stop complaining you need 300 items to do it which are not even that hard to obtain.

Quote Originally Posted by predatory View Post
    A few people I knew on Bahamut viewed it as a way for them to get the weapons they wanted for their jobs after all, and it's really sad that SE gave them, (and everyone who had them before SoA), such a hard slap in the face for all the time and effort put into this
    Its not a slap in the face to ask people to work for a better weapon, you can still make these without even entering Delve a single time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mefuki View Post
    People have been saying, "great, now I have 5+ weapons to work on. This is stupid." Who says you have to update them all. Who says you have to update any of them. The different between RME and Delve is 5% or so I've read in RME's favour. Enough that it's actually worth working toward but not enough that you couldn't get by with other weapons (not at all like when Delve weapons came out which had 40% or so on people's then useless RME.)

And now they're talking about trying to make future gear a little more lateral rather than vertical? That's great. A lot of us were complaining about that too. So, far from a "slap in the face", a lot (not all) of this update was SE saying, "You're right, that was dumb. We'll try to get the game back on track".
    This is really how it is, they gave us something to do, it has a lot of good things about it, and all people are doing is complaining. We complained enough to get the game going a bit more on track, its ok to stop now guys, we can calm down on this subject, complain about the other issues like jobs with bad RF/SPs and balance issues which cause jobs to be neglected by the players, stuff like that, as well as needing more unique content and such, we won this battle, and the relating battles.
    (4)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Shouldn't fully upgraded relics, mythics, and empys be rare? Shouldn't they only ever be in the hands of the hyper-dedicated? If so then the process has to have considerable hoops and expenses at various stages. It has to be difficult or you do a disservice to the prestige of the weapons and a disservice to average players who have to face the expectations of having one.
    (5)

Character
    Predatory
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    Shouldn't fully upgraded relics, mythics, and empys be rare? Shouldn't they only ever be in the hands of the hyper-dedicated? If so then the process has to have considerable hoops and expenses at various stages. It has to be difficult or you do a disservice to the prestige of the weapons and a disservice to average players who have to face the expectations of having one.
    They were already upgraded once, why should a person have to redo all that work, just to make them as strong as a Delve you can farm in a week. wtf is wrong with you people?
    (2)

Player
    They are stronger than a Delve weapon, if you are ok with a Delve weapon go get your Delve weapon and deal with it, if you want something better, you know the path you must take and what it involves, as well as its reward at the end. What's wrong with you people not understanding that the game needs something to do?
    (5)

Character
    Mefuki
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by predatory View Post
    They were already upgraded once, why should a person have to redo all that work, just to make them as strong as a Delve you can farm in a week. wtf is wrong with you people?
    ..."The different between RME and Delve is 5% or so I've read in RME's favour. Enough that it's actually worth working toward but not enough that you couldn't get by with other weapons (not at all like when Delve weapons came out which had 40% or so on people's then useless RME.)"
    (4)

Player
    That's really the nice thing about the RME update which everyone keeps acting like its horrible. The RMEs are not so amazing they make the Delve weapons worthless or pale in comparison, while yes, some people will be mad they are not super duper amazing weapons from the gods themselves, I am honestly happy the gap is smaller rather than larger, they are strong enough to be better, weak enough to be able to be dealt without. This means, no RME119 only shouts, no requirements of having one, no getting called gimp without one, so on, just if you want one, get one, shows your dedicated to that job, if you do not have one, you can still use 119 weapons and be just slightly weaker, oh no.
    (5)

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast