Thread: Coming back!

Character
    Phraust
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Anethia View Post
    And you seem to forget there is more in the game than just abyssea, ranpare harness is pretty much useless inside abyssea as well. Full time aurore if you want, 2% haste is not that important with fully merited haste samba and a 7-9% DA build.
    The truth is, the more haste you add, the more each additional piece of haste is even more valuable. (See Below)

Stacking a multi attack build > haste both inside and outside abyssea, with or without atma. I.e. Aurore doublet 2% DA, brutal 5%, twilight belt 2%[...] and 7% haste.
    First, you can have both.... Just because you use haste in your body slot doesnt' mean you can't use Brutal earring. They way you present your information is a false dichotomy; it's not either/or. You're sacrificing 4% haste for 2% Double attack. Period.

As stated above, the more haste you add, the more value haste has. Where Double Attack suffers form diminishing returns.

Best illustrated in extremes:

100 hits:

25% DA = 125 hits.
    25% Haste = 133 Hits.

50% DA = 150 hits.
    50% Haste = 200 hits.

75% DA = 175 hits.
    75% Haste = 400 Hits.

80% DA = 180 hits.
    80% Haste = 500 hits.

It's not intuitive, but haste is a reduction in the time between actions, not an increase in the amount of actions.

At 50% haste, you're removing 1/2 the delay, meaning, you're able to do 2 actions in the same time.

At 80% delay reduction(capped, reference for below), you've reduced the time between actions to a mere 20% of the original, meaning you can do 5x as much in the same time.

And you can see, the difference between 75% delay reduction and 80% is a 100% increase in hit rate. That's only 5% haste. Rapparee COULD be that 5%.

Heck even with just a swift belt you are nearing delay cap with merited haste samba along with all the DW- equipment we get with charis body +1/+2, suppanomimi, charis necklace, and auric dagger.
    No.

I agree with charis+2, I'd full time that if I had it.
    The only accurate advice in your entire post.
    (1)
    Last edited by Frost; 03-29-2011 at 02:08 PM.
    If you don't understand why Haste is so important, or if you don't think it is:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/1847-Haste-and-You...-A-guide-to-the-misinformed.

jinx discus, love it, ranged curse if your throwing skill is worth anything. granted, it's that crappy curse players get, not the cool curse that mobs get that takes off a chunk of HP, MP, gives gravity and slow, but still it ain't useless.
    (0)

Player
    lol... Advocating full Aurore. Such silliness.
    (1)
    The King of Fools.
    MNK/DNC/SCH/THF

So here's what I'm thinking to shoot for an everyday build (am 77 now, almost 78)

Head: W. Turban
    Neck: <unknown yet>
    Earrings: Brutal/Suppa
    Hands: Dusk Gloves
    Body: Rapparee
    Rings: Raja's/Ulthalam's
    Back: Boxer's
    Waist: Swift Belt
    Legs: Aurore Brais
    Feet: Aurore Gaiters

Then I'll start working on WS builds and specialties. I can swap in AF and AF2 pieces as needed for waltz's, steps, etc.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnn View Post
    lol pretty much what he said ^

also if you want some real GOOD advice Ninian is an awesome dancer and good at explaining pretty much everything
    I'd definetly take the time to read the guide

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/15...ans-dnc-guide/
    Thanks for the guide, wow! this is great!
    (1)

no prob ^^
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3