Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Coming back!

Coming back!

Greetings, fellow Dancers:

I left the game right after the level cap got raised from 75. I used my disappointment from the thought of grinding again to get on with some RL stuff.

That being said, I think I'll come play the game a bit, and come back.

Now, what should I do first, assuming that I have all my gear back including full af2, full af, Ermine's Tail, and Jambiya +1?

Appreciate all suggestions and help!
    (0)

Character
    Kaeoni
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Welcome back~!

First thing i'd do is get Abyssea, so you can start building your stones, get to level 90 dnc then like... you honestly have the ability to solo all or near all your charis +1 AF3, if you so choose. Happy hunting d=.
    (0)

Character
    Phraust
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigynh View Post
    Greetings, fellow Dancers:

I left the game right after the level cap got raised from 75. I used my disappointment from the thought of grinding again to get on with some RL stuff.

That being said, I think I'll come play the game a bit, and come back.

Now, what should I do first, assuming that I have all my gear back including full af2, full af, Ermine's Tail, and Jambiya +1?

Appreciate all suggestions and help!
    Magian Daggers.
    Get 2 Evasion Daggers and you'll be a god in Abyssea. There isn't much you can't solo in abyssea if you got the right settup.

And don't worry about leveling right away, get in touch with your old friends and try to get atmas first. If your friends have more than two braincells, they'll know which ones to get you immediately. Once you get the good atmas, everything else is not only easy, but fun, including leveling.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Magian Daggers.
    Get 2 Evasion Daggers and you'll be a god in Abyssea. There isn't much you can't solo in abyssea if you got the right settup.

And don't worry about leveling right away, get in touch with your old friends and try to get atmas first. If your friends have more than two braincells, they'll know which ones to get you immediately. Once you get the good atmas, everything else is not only easy, but fun, including leveling.
    Are you referring to wind-based dakini when you say evasion daggers?

Also, I'll need to read up on atmas (no idea what they are), but what do you suggest off the top of my head which ones I should get?

Thanks for the responses!
    (0)

Are you referring to wind-based dakini when you say evasion daggers?

Also, I'll need to read up on atmas (no idea what they are), but what do you suggest off the top of my head which ones I should get?

Thanks for the responses!
    x2 Eva Kila+2, twilight knife (but that comes later), auric dagger(enhances DUAL WIELD effect 5%), charis necklace (enhances dual wield effect 5%), charis feather (dex+4, increases critical hit rate) and any charis +1/2 you can get your paws on (+1 body gives 7% dual wield effect, +2 body gives 10% I think. Plus bonuses to pretty much every other stat, trait, and JA you'll use).

atma of the voracious violet (enhances double attack: major, TP regain: major)
    Atma of razed ruins (dex increase: major, increased critical hit rate: major, increased critical hit damage: major)
    Atma of the sand emperor and/or atma of cloak and dagger (effects are similar accuracy and evasion: major)

Those are good ones to start with. There are other atmas you will learn more about, but these are great ones to focus on if you're just concerned with melee and evasion.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Anethia View Post
    x2 Eva Kila+2, twilight knife (but that comes later), auric dagger(enhances DUAL WIELD effect 5%), charis necklace (enhances dual wield effect 5%), charis feather (dex+4, increases critical hit rate) and any charis +1/2 you can get your paws on (+1 body gives 7% dual wield effect, +2 body gives 10% I think. Plus bonuses to pretty much every other stat, trait, and JA you'll use).

atma of the voracious violet (enhances double attack: major, TP regain: major)
    Atma of razed ruins (dex increase: major, increased critical hit rate: major, increased critical hit damage: major)
    Atma of the sand emperor and/or atma of cloak and dagger (effects are similar accuracy and evasion: major)

Those are good ones to start with. There are other atmas you will learn more about, but these are great ones to focus on if you're just concerned with melee and evasion.
    Few errors with your post:
    1. Charis neck is 3% DW.
    2. Charis Feather is increases critical hit damage by 5%
    3. Not sure, but every source I've read states that Charis Body +1 gives 5% DW, +2 gives 10%. So he may be better off using Rapparee harness if he isn't capping haste.
    4. Gnarled Horn atma should be a higher priority than SE/C&D.

I would also recommend to get Ballerines as they are better than +1 Charis Feet.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Alkalinehoe View Post
    Few errors with your post:
    1. Charis neck is 3% DW.
    2. Charis Feather is increases critical hit damage by 5%
    3. Not sure, but every source I've read states that Charis Body +1 gives 5% DW, +2 gives 10%. So he may be better off using Rapparee harness if he isn't capping haste.
    4. Gnarled Horn atma should be a higher priority than SE/C&D.

I would also recommend to get Ballerines as they are better than +1 Charis Feet.
    I don't know what gnarled horn does. Never bothered with getting it, eva and acc is better than anything IMO. And my charis info was strictly memory based on 8 month old info. Yes its 3, 5, and 10% respectively, doesn't negate the fact they are still good.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Anethia View Post
    I don't know what gnarled horn does. Never bothered with getting it, eva and acc is better than anything IMO. And my charis info was strictly memory based on 8 month old info. Yes its 3, 5, and 10% respectively, doesn't negate the fact they are still good.
    Gnarled Horn is: 30% Critical Hit Rate, 50AGI and Counter: Minor. The 50AGI essentially gives you 25 EVA as well as giving you added "subtle blow" from capping AGI mod. Far better to use than the two you listed.

Edit: With RR, crour buffs and decent gear you should have no problems with ACC except for the rare highly evasive mobs, which food will most likely fix anyways.
    (0)

Thanks for all the great tips.

I think I'm going to try to get as far as I can on the dakini/kila work, which should give me some decent XP in the meantime, and then go from there.

I've obviously have never been to Abyssea, but am looking forward to it.

Are there any suggestions on any new 75-76 gear that I should pick up in the meantime that is new and exciting?
    (0)

Thanks for all the great tips.

I think I'm going to try to get as far as I can on the dakini/kila work, which should give me some decent XP in the meantime, and then go from there.

I've obviously have never been to Abyssea, but am looking forward to it.

Are there any suggestions on any new 75-76 gear that I should pick up in the meantime that is new and exciting?
    75-80 aurore doublet set. Which can be purchased from abyssea cruor prospectors. (cruor dropped off abyssea mobs is abyssea currency )
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast