Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
    Character
    Meyi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    For me, setting goals is what I enjoy in life. Setting goals in FFXI is fun and I enjoy working hard to reach them. I have a feeling Leo is the same way.

Only facepalm I can think of at the moment is that, beseiged takes us about 5~10 minutes now, and when I logged on, candy was missing. D:<
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Meyi View Post
    For me, setting goals is what I enjoy in life. Setting goals in FFXI is fun and I enjoy working hard to reach them. I have a feeling Leo is the same way. D:<
    Nothing wrong with that at all. I was just tired of reading about his "experience" each and every post he has made that I have come across on these forums. It boggles the mind how one can hold such verbal pride over virtural accomplishments.

I have nothing against the fellow, I just felt I needed to say something.
    (1)

Character
    Sayn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by hiko View Post
    did worse, used a remnant fly instead of some other temp meds, notice when i was out....
    Seen it happen on F100 Nyzul while prepping for the boss, our party was like o.o; and 'poor guy' lol.

Thankfully we had another run to do so he could at least get in one.
    (0)

Character
    Qkan
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 90
    I know I'm late, but I just want to say it:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosina View Post
    nope gear swaping got big after wing was out. I've been playing since ps2 days. And the first sightings I seen on my server was aroung whitegate areas. Then it got bigger when wings was out. Now it is enforced to no end. And giving people poor attitudes like the onews mocking me,

Yet they refuse to see how silly they are or childish. effeincy =/= fun or being good. Just because a person swaps gear don;t make them good or better then those who do not swap gear. And that was the point I was trying to make. It isn't wise to insult a person for not gear swaping. It is strictly player choice. And if you think I'm bad just for having this opinion, that just proves the childish point. No one here seen me play. So how can you say I'm a medicore player just for not buying into gear swaing. You simply can't. But yes you guys have bad attitudes when it comes to this game. And to me that is taking it to seriously.
    The reason it became so popular at this time was because before Wings, haste gear was pretty lacking to the majority of players. It occured mostly with mages using the elemental staves. Swapping on Light staff+Nobles for Curing spells, Errant gear+Dark staff for /healing, +skill gear and respective staff for enfeebling spells. The only reason most people leveling didn't swap gear because there wasn't a lot to switch between at least until 75 and you've accumulated a few pieces (Hecatomb for example) that was far better to WS in then it was to TP in because of the massive amounts of slow on it.

For some jobs, they'd only be in the macro, but never on the player for more than it took to use that job ability. Examples that I can quickly think of are MNK Body for Chakra, feet for Dodge, Head for Focus.

Especially today with all the gear that "Augments "Job Ability"" or "Enhances affect +20%" you need to use gear swapping to optimize your abilities. As I said above about mages, think about BLM:

If you played a BLM, what staff do you use to cast all of your spells? If you give one single answer, you're wrong. The low-quality elemental staff offers a 10% bonus in damage whereas the high quality does 15%. So if you're doing a 1000 damage Blizzard V, with the Ice Staff it's now 1100. With the HQ it's 1150. After two spells it's a 200-300 damage difference. After 9 spells, you're at 900-1350 damage additional damage. That's ONE free Blizzard V in damage that all you did was swap to the appropriate staff. Now imagine doing that with the rest of your gear.

tl;dr: Gear swapping has been around since launch (At least since US PS2 launch). We all know it did because most of us did it. There are far too many reasons why someone died after a large burst in damage. It could have ranged from sucky tank to sucky healer to, yes, even the sucky DD.
    (2)
    Last edited by Qkan; 08-04-2011 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Redundant statement.

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................am I the only person left who misses what this thread used to be about before the gear change argument began?
    (2)

Character
    Meyi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    So I just had a Misereaux Coast Cruor party fall apart before it got started, and when I stated that I was going to be leaving rather than staying to reform, the leader asked me in /tell to blacklist him.

He's under the impression if you black list people, the game picks up in speed. @@; I'm so lost, I don't even know how to respond to this comment.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwizardzin View Post
    ................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................am I the only person left who misses what this thread used to be about before the gear change argument began?
    Sorry, didn;t think things would have gotten out of hand, I just didn't approve of people bad mouthing other over a personal choice. I took a step ack and I plan on making a thread to appologies.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosina View Post
    Sorry, didn;t think things would have gotten out of hand, I just didn't approve of people bad mouthing other over a personal choice. I took a step ack and I plan on making a thread to appologies.
    For the love of god don't.... making a new thread would just invite more drama.

If your sorry just say so and hopfuly everyone can move past this and this thread can return to what is was ment for.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Meyi View Post
    So I just had a Misereaux Coast Cruor party fall apart before it got started, and when I stated that I was going to be leaving rather than staying to reform, the leader asked me in /tell to blacklist him.

He's under the impression if you black list people, the game picks up in speed. @@; I'm so lost, I don't even know how to respond to this comment.
    ....lol thats a new one.
    (0)

Player
    Best 'Noob' moment that ive seen is; Whilst farming crawlers in saruta (back 6 years) having 10 or so crawlers attacking me, and a poor poor Lv1 trying to be valiant in taking one off me, unknowing that i wasnt being hit (super taru evasion WHM at the time --Lv60).. So, he took on one, and before you know it, hes died, HP'd, and come back... to try 'save' me again xD Aww bless the poor little kitty!...
    (2)

Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast